Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MARK MARSHALL: Malpas better hurry...  (Read 9263 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 15:22:00 »

Two years! crikey thats more than I thought but fair play.  Lets hope he does well here.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 15:23:18 »

I wish I could be filled with excitment about this but Im not
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 15:24:18 »

Worth a go

I come from a land down-under
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 15:59:56 »

He'll do ok, maybe marked out by a very good back, but he'll tear some of them apart, he could come on in place of macca if he's having an off day, or on the other side to ease the pressure. We cant lose with this signing, if he turns out cack, we wont have lost much, but i'll be surprised if thats the case.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 16:36:22 »

Not sure it's worth a go on a two year deal. Too big a gamble to justify it IMHO.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 16:42:30 »

If it's two years, they must have seen something decent in him - I don't think we are looking to throw money away.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 16:49:16 »

C'mon guys! You are basing your opinions are a few appearances he's made, one of which was against Portsmouth! MM,the coaches and scouts have seen something in him and he must have an impression in pre-season training for us to pursue him. I'm quietly confident he will be a success here.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 16:53:07 »

C'mon guys! You are basing your opinions are a few appearances he's made, one of which was against Portsmouth! MM,the coaches and scouts have seen something in him and he must have an impression in pre-season training for us to pursue him. I'm quietly confident he will be a success here.

I agree TGR, Peacock said during the commentary of the Pompey game that he really has quick feet and very skillful and is one to watch out for.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 16:53:30 »

2 years is worthwhile we saw what happened with comminges and its not worth losing out again even more so considering we are paying a fee.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 16:59:27 »

It could go either way though. Could be the next Comminges , in which case 2 years is brilliant. Could be the next Kaid, in which case we'll be looking to offload at our cost.

I'm not trying to right the guy off, just surprised it's 2 years for someone who was second choice to Betsy.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 17:03:05 »

I thaught Mcmanee was pants when i first saw him....look at him now,hes got 2 years but he wont be on mega money....not a gamble really in my eyes.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 17:07:40 »

Commingues was unknown, we signed him for a season, he shone, he fucked off at the first opportunity.

Marshal has something about him and if he turns out to be a good signing we'll be glad we signed him for two years.

It's All Good..............
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 17:11:01 »

We'll never know if we don't give him a chance! 
Barry Scott

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 17:37:03 »

I'd rather have Marshall than Betsy. Expectations are lower with a player like this and when they excel it's ace.

I was worried about Betsy, he's had a fairly unremarkable career and has hardly set the world alight anywhere. He wouldn't have come here and become better, afterall he's already nearing the end of his career. In fact he'd probably have come here on a 2 year deal, been shit and would've been the focus of the fans frustrations.

Marshall could become a class act. Betsy won't become a class act.
dell boy

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 18:09:18 »

Never seen the lad play - but I trust Malpas, so far he has made the right decisions with signings, so lets hope this is another one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: