Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tozer off  (Read 3170 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 12:48:33 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1208530,00.html

officially gone this morning, no word of how much we got for him though.

Best of luck to the lad, although he doesn't really feel like he was ever a "town player" like Lukas for example.
fatbury

« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 12:55:30 »

not sure why we are selling him to be honest
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 12:59:43 »

Good bit of business by us. Came for nothing, left for something!

He'll have the best chance of making it now, because regardless of how good our setup is it will never compete with Newcastle's resources.

It is a pity that anyone young with talent is taken before even establishing themselves in our first team though.
Barry Scott

« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 13:05:33 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

R.O.I.
JPC82

« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 13:07:05 »

Quote from: "Batch"

He'll have the best chance of making it now, because regardless of how good our setup is it will never compete with Newcastle's resources.

It is a pity that anyone young with talent is taken before even establishing themselves in our first team though.

to be honest im not sure he would have, like u say though he will have a better chance in the game now with the better coaching
fatbury

« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 13:11:38 »

probably go out on loan somewhere ... I cant understand why when we sell a young player such as Tozer or Lukas that we dont as part of the deal agree to keep them on loan until the end of the season or even the next - they would still be able to hook up with their parent club whilst helping us also ...
sonic youth

« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 13:29:58 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"

R.O.I.
republic of ireland?
magic8ball

« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 14:30:54 »

Quote from: "Malkmus"

R.O.I.
republic of ireland?

Return on Investment I presume.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 14:43:40 »

Quote from: "Batch"

Theo Walcott :evil:

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
flammableBen

« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 15:15:10 »

probably go out on loan somewhere ... I cant understand why when we sell a young player such as Tozer or Lukas that we dont as part of the deal agree to keep them on loan until the end of the season or even the next - they would still be able to hook up with their parent club whilst helping us also ...

Probably because it's not really in the interests of either club. The buying club will probably want to have a look at the player in training and see how they do in the reserves/youths before making a call on loaning him out, and maybe then to a better team than us.

As for us, we could probably do better than either player in a loan deal, and we're probably also better off seeing what's available instead of tying ourselves down to a player we've just sold.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 15:17:31 »

R.O.I.

decent RoR by all accounts

I come from a land down-under
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 15:43:55 »

Apparently the hold up for the deal being completed was that one of the clauses was that we get x amount per appearance but they was only appearances in the Prem, but Fitton wanted that ammended to include the FL as well.

So this sounds like it was Fitton doing the deal rather than anything to do with the old lot.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 15:54:19 »

theres a video of him signing his deal on the toon website.
hoo fucking ray.
sonic youth

« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 17:53:15 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Apparently the hold up for the deal being completed was that one of the clauses was that we get x amount per appearance but they was only appearances in the Prem, but Fitton wanted that ammended to include the FL as well.
in case newcastle get relegated?

good forward thinking there by fitton!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 18:29:52 »

And for when he goes out on loan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: