Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Grounds  (Read 14591 times)
Topcat

« Reply #60 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 18:54:46 »

Not so sure if things were much safer after 1976 as I remember town fans getting attacked near fratton park and there are numerous stories of normal fans getting attacked along the route to the old den in the 8o's
droogie

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 19:01:56 »

in the ground it got safer. dont think there would be any groups of swindon at these grounds pre 76. i didnt see any. though to be fair it probably wasnt till early eighties that there was proper isolated segregation.
Topcat

« Reply #62 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 19:15:12 »

yeah I agree it was probably mid 80's that the grounds were made safe inside as I can sadly remember when groups of away fans would quietly meet up in the town end before kick off then the fighting would start scaring the living daylights out of normal supporters who were there just to watch a footbal match
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 20:10:43 »

Especially after a 4-0 win!
The allotment walk was classic.  The low tin roof helped the away support generate a fair amount of noise too.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:11:08 »

I like most fantastically bad grounds(like Layer Road,The Den etc) but never really enjoyed Kenilworth Road.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:38:38 »

For feeling a bit uneasy in and around it,Ayresome Park has got to be up there imo.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 21:46:04 »

Boothferry Park 1995.  The supermarket as probably not quite so bad as the one Bolton had (that one actually cut your view from the other corner) but it combined with pretty much an entire side stand (bar about 25 yards worth) being sectioned off as too dangerous to use anymore.  Think Hull were on the brink at this point and couldn't afford to fix the ground.  It just all combined to create a very sad place to be, along with it being in Hull as well.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #67 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 22:17:45 »

For feeling a bit uneasy in and around it,Ayresome Park has got to be up there imo.
Went there once when we won 3-2. Went on a minibus and this was not the cleverest mode of transport. I had my Pampers on that day. Middelsborough itself is like an episode of the Walking Dead.
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 23:17:26 »

Plough Lane - FA Cup Game ? - Was that when the wall collapsed ?
Jimmy Allen helping fans.
Sorrry  Duke,Getting games mixed up, was the league cup midweek game , as we get older all the games you have been to sort of merge together, Suicide i remember that i was being carried along by the crowd , my feet not even on the ground, and im a very large bloke, i just thought to my self "i have to stay upright", anyway im still here Cheesy
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 07:25:55 by redjed » Logged

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: