Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst Grounds  (Read 14682 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:22:44 »

I must be in a minority as I like Hereford's ground. In fact I don't really think there's an actual ground I don't like, it's more the way they're stewarded. Take Coventry for example. The atmosphere was amazing, due in no small measure to the fact that you were allowed to go where you wanted. All those who wanted to sing naturally congregated at the back, or the sides and those who preferred to sit were not inconvenienced or obstructed regards their view. Compare that to say Wembley,  where the singers are thinly spread. Unrestricted seating = great atmosphere = equals good stadium.

It's All Good..............
Topcat

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:26:25 »

I think Ashton Gate was one of the scariest if you went by train as there were city fans all along the river and side streets which is about 1.5 miles from the railway station
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:31:45 »

Millmoor(Rotherham) also was a hole with a nasty little alley to negotiate before getting to the ground.
Topcat

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 19:33:27 »

sounds like the old manor ground as there was also an alley way behind the away end
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 21:53:56 »

Yeovil
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 22:08:26 »

I love Edgar Street, one of my favourite grounds. It's so shit that it's good.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, March 10, 2013, 23:59:14 »

I liked Burnden Park in the league cup semi. A real gritty feel. I miss the days of bouncing around and climbing fences when you score, but then again I'm probably a bit old for that now.  Sad
redjed

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 04:04:46 »

Plough Lane, thought i was going to be trampled to death there after a FA cup game. Millmoor, the old Chester City Ground,  old Bloomfield rd. can remember smashing the gates in 79-80 season after they beat us 4-0 , scuppered our chances of promotion. The old Stoke ground on the side terrace terrible view plus a good chance of being slapped as well , Ahhhhhhhhh memories

Good news , its not the end of the world today, as its tomorrow in New Zealand
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 13:35:50 »

Plough Lane, thought i was going to be trampled to death there after a FA cup game. Millmoor, the old Chester City Ground,  old Bloomfield rd. can remember smashing the gates in 79-80 season after they beat us 4-0 , scuppered our chances of promotion. The old Stoke ground on the side terrace terrible view plus a good chance of being slapped as well , Ahhhhhhhhh memories

Plough Lane - FA Cup Game ? - Was that when the wall collapsed ?
Jimmy Allen helping fans.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 13:48:22 »

I've always had a dislike of Selhurst Park.

Apart from that I appreciate the quirkiness or the history of a lot of older grounds - Aldershot, Portsmouth...

Manor Ground was possible the most bizarre of the lot.

Used to like the away end at Watford especially the allotment walk.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 14:11:26 »

The Manor ground was a bit odd, the little seating area to the left of the away terrace, and a kind of raised row of seats to the right.... A proper non league ground.
kerry red

« Reply #56 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 14:32:42 »

Crewe's old ground was a real old kip.

The floodlights were wooden telegraph poles
Topcat

« Reply #57 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 15:27:57 »

I remember the wimbledon game in 1979 it was a midweek league cup game and swindon packed the stratton bank type stand which was really steep and if you looked over the back you were greeted with a huge schweppes factory.Town must have had around 3 thousand there even though the attendance was only 7,400. How times have changed as both teams were only allowed one sub
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 16:47:47 »

I've always had a dislike of Selhurst Park.

Apart from that I appreciate the quirkiness or the history of a lot of older grounds - Aldershot, Portsmouth...

Manor Ground was possible the most bizarre of the lot.

Used to like the away end at Watford especially the allotment walk.

Especially after a 4-0 win!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
droogie

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, March 11, 2013, 18:46:13 »

moodiest grounds pre segregation. fratton park and old den. not unusual for no visible away fans at these places. changed about 1976 . became safer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: