Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Children's Tablet Computers  (Read 22836 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:12:12 »

Apple fanbois will tell you that iPads are a lot smoother and better designed than Android Tablets and if you like hanging around in coffee shops in polonecks and are prepared to pay a 2-300 quid mark-up for the privilege, they're right Smiley

Where are all these Apple fanboys? I don't see any of them posting here. Plenty of Android fanboys though.
Barry Scott

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:13:05 »

Up to Android 4.0 still supports Flash. It's dropped from 4.2 (Jellybean).

There are workarounds to get it back, but it's not really worth the effort.

Thanks. Can you install Andriod 4.0 on a tablet with 4.2? Or, if you have a tablet with 4.0 is it OK to not upgrade the OS?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:14:46 »

Suddenly, mainly as a result of being sick of Windows, I was the epitome of everything I hate in a gadget geek and owned several Apple fashion accessories. You'll only hear me sing the praises of OSX and Macs though, the rest of it is not something I care for or have any real interest in.

I made the switch for the same reason. Seriously looking at switching back to Windows 8 though, not sure I'll go as far as a Windows laptop but I'll definitely be running it more day to day on my Macbook. All of the Apple user interfaces are looking dated now, though it looks like that will be changing as they've put Jonny Ive in charge of it as well as product design.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:18:20 »

why does preferring one thing over another require that the negative tag of fanboy is attached to it?

FYI right now, I'm a jazz music, Android owning, Football Manager playing, Swindon supporting fanboy.
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:21:39 »

I'm a fellatio fanboy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:27:21 »

why does preferring one thing over another require that the negative tag of fanboy is attached to it?

It's always been there though, I remember it 30 years ago in the school playground with home computers. It's always seemed pointless to me, I try to keep out of it but find it hard when people start talking bollocks about a certain brand.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:27:40 »

Thanks. Can you install Andriod 4.0 on a tablet with 4.2? Or, if you have a tablet with 4.0 is it OK to not upgrade the OS?

Most devices still ship with 4.0 installed at the moment. I think it's only the new Nexus tabs (and phones) that come with 4.2 installed.

You can always choose not to install the update if/when prompted. There's an app that can make the notifications stop reappearing too.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:28:14 »

It's always been there though, I remember it 30 years ago in the school playground with home computers. It's always seemed pointless to me, I try to keep out of it but find it hard when people start talking bollocks about a certain brand.
Apple vs everything else does get fairly bad though. It makes most discussions of the pros and cons completely pointless.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:35:21 »

I have been using macs since OS nine, while it was thought "cool" it was in no way a lifestyle system back then.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:39:17 »

Where are all these Apple fanboys? I don't see any of them posting here. Plenty of Android fanboys though.
Several in my office for a start. Wasn't referring to anyone on here, and it was largely tongue in cheek anyway. You don't need to bite every time you know Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 14:41:49 »

I have a macbook, 2 Ipods and an Iphone. Does that make me an Apple Fanboy?

I do hope so!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
red socks

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 17:04:46 »

I'm a fellatio fanboy

That's a bold statement to make on here, given all the homophobes that frequent this site  Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 18:04:29 »

I just realised that the kids have an Ipod Touch that is about 2-3 years old. Does that do the same as these tablets?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 18:15:33 »

I just realised that the kids have an Ipod Touch that is about 2-3 years old. Does that do the same as these tablets?

The iPod Touch runs iOS the same as the iPad and iPhone. Apps are broadly compatible across all the devices. Main difference between the three is the size of the screen and whether they have data (3G/4G) and voice calls.

So an iPad (with Wifi) is pretty much just a really big iPod Touch.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 18:18:10 »

The iPod Touch runs iOS the same as the iPad and iPhone. Apps are broadly compatible across all the devices. Main difference between the three is the size of the screen and whether they have data (3G/4G) and voice calls.

So an iPad (with Wifi) is pretty much just a really big iPod Touch.
Looks as if there is no need for me to get an ipda nor a tablet then.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: