Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Children's Tablet Computers  (Read 22723 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 00:40:19 »

Anyone know if modern Andriod tablets, off the shelf, still support Flash (I read Flash is being dropped soon)?

You'll only hear me sing the praises of OSX and Macs though, the rest of it is not something I care for or have any real interest in.

Don't know about you but Flash is a pain in the arse on my Mac. It continually causes Safari to hang and crash and if my system is running slow it's normally the culprit with it being used by various Safari popups I wasn't aware of. The sooner it is wiped out from existence the better.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 08:08:32 »

That's a bold statement to make on here, given all the homophobes that frequent this site  Smiley

Fuck off bender

Things get better but they never get good
Barry Scott

« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 10:51:05 »

Don't know about you but Flash is a pain in the arse on my Mac. It continually causes Safari to hang and crash and if my system is running slow it's normally the culprit with it being used by various Safari popups I wasn't aware of. The sooner it is wiped out from existence the better.

I completely agree, it's fucking shit. However, there's videos on tutorial sites I like to use that are mainly Flash and it'd be nice to have somewhere other than my laptop to watch them.

If you're interested in blocking Flash, I block it completely using ClickToPlugin. It's good in that should you want to display something in Flash it places a button on the screen in its place. It also forces HTML5 where possible - not that I think that's exactly efficient.

http://hoyois.github.com/safariextensions/clicktoplugin/
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, November 23, 2012, 11:34:28 »

Kindle Fire on Amazon for £99
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 13:16:54 »

We've bought son (3.5yrs) the Leapad 2 for his birthday which is just after christmas, decided on this as he will mainly play games on there but it will also be educational for when he starts school and when he is at school to hopefully help with his learning, but he will also have a fireman sam tablet for crimbo which purely concentrates on colours, numbers etc and bits on fireman Sam.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 13:25:56 »

Kindle Fire on Amazon for £99

Got one at that price and had a quick play with it today, seems fine for kids, means that i might get the off look in at my iPad after Christmas

Barry Scott

« Reply #81 on: Thursday, November 29, 2012, 16:28:36 »

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" a couple of days ago. Got it on eBay with a broken screen, so now I've got to buy and fit a new screen.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 11:52:14 »

Got one at that price and had a quick play with it today, seems fine for kids, means that i might get the off look in at my iPad after Christmas

Mrs RO has a standard Kindle and is keen on the Kindle Paperwhite / Touch (£109). But as I have left it so late they are difficult to source.

I saw the Kindle Fire and notice that it is only £20 more and wondered whether what this is like as an eReader? She isn't looking for a tablet but as I am in the shit it is the closest I can get to the Touch.

I presumng that it is just as good or better as an eReader as it is a tablet but get confused about all the 'front lit' stuff that they go on about with Kindles.

Any advice would be helpful.  Smiley

Barry Scott

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 13:29:16 »

The Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD are tablets, not e-readers. They can do more, as they're full-featured android tablets, but they'll be far worse for reading.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 13:40:56 »

Mrs RO has a standard Kindle and is keen on the Kindle Paperwhite / Touch (£109). But as I have left it so late they are difficult to source.

Currys Swindon have the paperwhite in stock (£109) Town and Greenbridge. Not sure where you are, worth trying Currys/PC world though.

And I agree with Barry!
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 14:01:23 »

Currys Swindon have the paperwhite in stock (£109) Town and Greenbridge. Not sure where you are, worth trying Currys/PC world though.

And I agree with Barry!

Cheers Barry, glad I asked.

I'm in Oxford and tried online at Curry's and there wasn't anything for miles and that included these two store in Swindon. I'll try again.

Cheers.
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 14:17:37 »

Looks like I'm off to Wembley! Nothing closer  Sad
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 14:21:40 »

Have you tried John Lewis?
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 14:40:39 »

Have you tried John Lewis?

Cheeers just trying it now......but it is showing the Kindle Touch and the Paperwhite!

Which is better? I thought the Paperwhite was the US version so if it is over here now is it better than the Touch? Both the same price. Sorry to ask stupid (I think) questions.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 15:05:46 »

Looks like I'm off to Wembley! Nothing closer  Sad

Oxford to Wembley  Hmmm that's not a well travelled route.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: