Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northampton Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40204 times)
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 18:32:36 »

McCormack was fucking outstanding today, ran his heart for the team. Really good to see players showing passion and pride in the Town shirt. Ferry and Connell were brilliant too, certainly Ferry changed the game, when will he learn Risser is not a starter? He tries hard and I don't doubt his enthusiasm but it's all a lot of huff and puff for nothing. Also, it was good to see Devera put in a decent shift, he played well but was lacking a little fitness which is why I believe Flint came on.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 18:44:00 »

Just back. Not a good first half, the penalty was a definite, a miss timed tackle by Ritchie who immediately had his head in his hands.

Second half much brighter and what a way to win. Alan McC was excellent and that put the cherry on top.

All in all a bit unlucky for Northampton, but I don't care Smiley

Dissapointments, well Risser is too off the pace for division 4 football. Magera is technically good but is still struggling, Connell looked twice the threat. But meh. Time for New Years beer Smiley
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 18:48:15 »

Just got home, so here are my thoughts

We only had 10 men, and they had 12.

Ref was a definite homer, and so nice to wipe the smiles of their fucking faces at the end.

It's funny how you see games differently, because too many people have decided that Magera is shit it doesn't matter what he does now people only remember the bad stuff, which to be fair there is plenty of.  But he also does plenty of good stuff, but those that have made their mind up about him conveniently miss or ignore his good bits.

Ferry & Connell did well when they came on, don't know how much of that is down to the bollocking the rest of them will have got at half time.

Devera did well to be fair, I'm assuming that he went off as he was tired (hasn't played much).
Flint didn't make us any better or worse when he came on, which is a big compliment to Devera.

Risser I'm assuming was playing to try & win headers in midfield, hence why Smith went off for Ferry.

Ref was a total fucking homer, listened to Radio Northampton, and they were happy with him, which tells you all you need to know.

To be honest we were OK in the first half, just seemed to be off the pace a bit.

Absolutely fucking immense to nick a winner at the end, and no less than McCormack deserved.
He (like the rest of us) didn't get much help from the Ref.

Not sure if Risser deserved a red to be honest. It was a foul as he jumped into their player, but it didn't seem that his arms were raised particularly. He then got shoved over by one of theirs.
Listening to the commentary on Radio Northampton on the way back, their commentators thought their guy was going to be sent off as well, but the ref (surprise surprise) only gave their man a yellow card.

All in all a bit happy tonight, and will now go & have a few to celebrate.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:12:34 »

Northampton fans are such sore loser. There obsessed with that celebrations, just funny to read.

I hope Di Canio get's fined and banned for what he did at the end. What a complete and utter prick.

Paolo Di Canio is a disrespectful, arrogant embarrassment of a man. I hope their season crumbles. #STFC

Paolo Di Canio = wanker

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:20:04 »

Well I predicted the correct scoreline just the wrong way round, ye of little faith!  Didn't hear much of the game, but caught the winner as I pulled out of my mother in laws road.  In my sheer excitement, I went right up the kerb narrowly missing a parked car!

Fab end to 2012, well done Town for pulling it back today.  Could be a crucial 3 points.

Happy new year to you all.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:28:36 »

Northampton fans are such sore loser. There obsessed with that celebrations, just funny to read.

What's wrong with a manager showing a bit of excitement ffs? He's a bit of a footie fan
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:32:51 »

The reaction on here would be exactly the same if the roles were reversed.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:33:55 »

What's wrong with a manager showing a bit of excitement ffs? He's a bit of a footie fan

Exactly. How many times last season did we see an oppo manager dance on the pitch with a late winner at the CG?

Nice to get our own back for a change.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:44:10 »

Just back.  What a day.  So happy with that...perfect football day out.  Will add more detail when the kids are in bed and I have a beer in my hand.

Love football.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:45:03 »

Great day out and a great result!  Bring on the beers now  Pint
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:46:05 »

Just seen the goals and the celeb on SSN.

The presenter said Paolo was 'bonkers' !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:47:53 »

What a cool finish by Connell. The lad is a goalscorer i'm sure. Given a run he will net plenty i am convinced of it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:50:53 »

yeah but what did cripsy and he mates get up to today?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:51:37 »

Ha ive been waiting with anticipation all afternoon to hear the stories
stfcinbmth

« Reply #254 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 19:56:42 »

What a cool finish by Connell. The lad is a goalscorer i'm sure. Given a run he will net plenty i am convinced of it.

With you on this totally. Connell and Benson perhaps
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: