Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What is your favourite place?  (Read 7631 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 23:16:34 »

My favourite area to get away to is the Lake District, but avoid the peak holiday period.  Following Dosser's theme tend to use YHA accommodation there.

Absolutely the most beautifull area of the country for me, the views from the Kirkstone Pass are truly breathtaking
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 23:21:03 »

Love the lakes. I have walked and climbed most of it. So much beauty in a small area. My favourite place in England
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 23:41:11 »

I thought Hiroshima was amazing when I visited. Just utterly teeming with life despite what happened to them in 1945 - I'm not usually one to go "It's a Wonderful Life" on people but there was something quite redemptive about it.

It also helped it had good bars and a baseball team called the Carp.

And another vote for that Exeter-Newquay line. Amazing section when you are right by the sea and the water hits the train.

DRS

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 09:21:21 »

Coate Water
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 10:02:40 »

Cheers mate. I got a Gold Card YHA life membership for my 30th birthday. My dad is a cycling enthusiast and stayed at many of them on his ventures in his younger years. Adventure enriches the soul

I've also got a YHA life card but rarely use it these days,  they have just got too pricy. When you can get a B&B bed for thirty quid with en suite and breakfast it doesn't make sense.

Sadly think YHA lost its focus and prioritises city centre hostels for foreign students too much.  But everyone should stay at Black Sail Youth Hostel at least one in their life- truly stunning.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 10:07:22 »

If you want to avoid crowds in lakes go to the western fells,  harder to get to so less day trippers had some great times in Buttermere,  2 good pubs campsite,  peace, fells and lake - bliss.

Hawes in dales is lovely too, and has the Wensleydale Creamery and Shop/museum. Hills, beer and cheese what more do you need!
skay

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 11:34:58 »

Either the top of St Pauls Cathedral or the top of Primrose Hill.

Though catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.
china red

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 12:13:24 »

Koh Samet

Mine too.  Stayed at Ao Phrao resort four times now.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 12:19:12 »

El Golfo in the West of Lanzaroote....lovely little fishing village with a stunning volcanic rock shoreline and crystall blue sea ...my hope is that in the coming years i can spend more time on the Island....and who knows me and my wife could live there...its something we are hoping for.

Great thread this....keep them coming.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 19:54:01 »

In the UK, Kilve, a little rocky beach just off the A39 between Bridgwater & Minehead. Admittedly the water quality isn't great there, but the fossily type rocks and rock pools are awesome, and there is a little tea room that serves the most delicious cream tea. Only 45 minutes away and great if you want to relax.

I was lucky enough to spend 3 years living in the USA, and I can't quite decide between these three - Indian Rocks on the Gulf Coast in Florida, Wilmington North Carolina or Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in Wyoming. All for different reasons of course.....
Dozno9

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 20:48:18 »

Vancouver, fucking love the place.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 20:51:17 »

North Devon for me
Rugged and stunning views
Bit of a schlep tho for anything less than a week
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 21:30:10 »

My three years in Fallingbostel as a kid and subsequent visits elsewhere has left me very fond of Germany.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 21:41:13 »

Vancouver, fucking love the place.

Yep, great city. Walked through Stanley Park and viewed the Lionsgate Bridge. Popped to the Calipino bridge and went up the cable car to look back over the city. The Rockies were superb too. I need to go back there, it's been 9 years  Sad
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, June 24, 2013, 07:17:38 »

Koh Samet

Koh Samet

Sorry not been in touch flash but my phone (or myself) has been inept recently.

Anyhow, so far in Thailand I have to say koh Tao is just paradise.

Hua hin and then back to Bangkok but reckon I could stay here and chill out for weeks more!! The food is amazing!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: