Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What is your favourite place?  (Read 7680 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 12:38:12 »

Mine is Ballard Down, near Swanage, where you can sit up by the cliff and look out to sea and have a picnic. Then you can descend down to the town and have chips by Peveril Point and feed the seagulls. Tranquility at its best.

What is your favourite place to get away from the blight of life?
nochee

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 12:40:59 »

Pulau Perhentian, Malaysia.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 12:44:16 »

Pulau Perhentian, Malaysia.

I have never been mate. I went to Hong Kong when I was 15 but I didn't like the way they treated animals in cages. I hate cruelty.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 12:51:47 »

South Devon is my favourite part of the world. Caravan sited down there so get plenty of time away and will live there as soon as I can.
I'd have gone years ago but mrs wont uproot and kids are settled here.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 12:53:06 »

South Devon is my favourite part of the world. Caravan sited down there so get plenty of time away and will live there as soon as I can.

I am jealous mate, gorgeous part of the world
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 12:57:20 »

I'd have gone years ago but mrs wont uproot and kids are settled here.

Good shout Arriba. I holidayed in Salcombe at the YHA. For poor people, like me, check out the YHA website, you get some idyllic places there, like The Lizard in Cornwall.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:02:10 »

http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/lizard-point
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:04:06 »

I am being cold shouldered  Doh

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:07:15 »

I do it pretty cheaply. Pay a farmer £8 a week to store my van in his barn and use the small caravan site opposite for £13 a night when i'm there which is his mum's. Views over the Exe estuary,golf club next door(stowfords on tap) Love it. Get 5 weeks holiday + the odd weekend every year for around a grand. Bargain.
Don't have to drag the van up and down and its out of the weather. All good

Why move Dossy's thread into this one? No need. Would be good to read peoples favourite places
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:11:03 by arriba » Logged
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:18:47 »

I do it pretty cheaply. Pay a farmer £8 a week to store my van in his barn and use the small caravan site opposite for £13 a night when i'm there which is his mum's. Views over the Exe estuary,golf club next door(stowfords on tap) Love it. Get 5 weeks holiday + the odd weekend every year for around a grand. Bargain.
Don't have to drag the van up and down and its out of the weather. All good

Why move Dossy's thread into this one? No need. Would be good to read peoples favourite places

Thanks Arriba. I love that area. The trainline down from Exeter to Dawlish is beautiful. All the best
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 13:45:27 »

Thanks Arriba. I love that area. The trainline down from Exeter to Dawlish is beautiful. All the best

Stunning...very under rated and under used...which is good.

I have a one drop delivery to Newquay on Monday again....maybe a peek at the surf for a few hours will be in the offing in the afternoon.

A good day at the office for a change.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 14:21:29 »

Agree with that.  Still made me chuckle mind Cheesy

Favourite place could be the Botanical Gardens in Melbourne.  A great spot in my favourite city.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 14:21:38 »

Stunning...very under rated and under used...which is good.

I have a one drop delivery to Newquay on Monday again....maybe a peek at the surf for a few hours will be in the offing in the afternoon.

A good day at the office for a change.

Theres a festival on in Newquay at the moment, It might be an absolute ballache to get into/ around. I think it ends on monday.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 17:47:42 »

Newquay's 'orrid. The Yeovil of Cornwall. Polzeath/Wadebridge/Delabole/Tintagel area is my favourite area of Cornwall.

I haven't been around long enough to find my favourite ever place. I've loved being in a load of places, but not one has ever been 'perfect' enough to be my favourite.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 17:57:54 by Honkytonk » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 17:55:31 »

Koh Samet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: