Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trevor Benjamin?  (Read 8824 times)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:12:04 »

Am I the only one who think it's an alright signing?  We've probably got him dirt cheap and it's another body up front.  If he's parp he'll be a backup anyway.  We've got a rejuvenated Cureton and impressive-looking Peacock up front, with Benjamin to come in and fight for a place alongside the keen Holgate.
Spud

« Reply #46 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:14:11 »

Walrus you'd think a turd on a stick was a good signing.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:16:44 »

If on January 30th 2005 someone said to me that this time a year from now the Swindon Town strikeforce would be Jamie Cureton, Lee Peacock and Trevor Benjamin... I would have slit my wrists (metaphorically)

It's a funny old game.

:?
McLovin

« Reply #48 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:18:21 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Walrus you'd think a turd on a stick was a good signing.

They are similar...
Marie

« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:31:38 »

Steve Jenkins was a "league 2 reject" from the same club. Hes done well for us this season.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:32:47 »

not exactly an inspiring signing, i pray to god this isn't where fallon's wages have gone and we'll be bringing another player in before the deadline. in which case, they better hurry up :shock:

i suppose he's the sort of player we can bring on to try and change the game, flail around and barge into defenders. hooray!

Quote from: "RichPullen"
If on January 30th 2005 someone said to me that this time a year from now the Swindon Town strikeforce would be Jamie Cureton, Lee Peacock and Trevor Benjamin... I would have slit my wrists (metaphorically)

It's a funny old game.

on paper, peacock and cureton are a decent strikeforce so i have no idea what you're on about.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:36:17 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
on paper, peacock and cureton are a decent strikeforce

Sadly, the League will insist on us playing on grass, not paper .....
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:37:18 »

it'd be a waste of trees if we played on paper. johnny doyle wouldn't be happy  :-))(
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:40:23 »

Quote from: "pauld"
on paper, peacock and cureton are a decent strikeforce

Sadly, the League will insist on us playing on grass, not paper .....

Best post ever !!!  Cheesy

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:44:24 »

not exactly an inspiring signing, i pray to god this isn't where fallon's wages have gone and we'll be bringing another player in before the deadline. in which case, they better hurry up :shock:

i suppose he's the sort of player we can bring on to try and change the game, flail around and barge into defenders. hooray!

Quote from: "RichPullen"

It's a funny old game.

on paper, peacock and cureton are a decent strikeforce so i have no idea what you're on about.

I disliked Peacock and Cureton and have never rated Benjamin. Personal preference and not based on actual ability - with the exception of Benjamin.

I'm not saying they'll be rubbish for us.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:47:02 »

fair enough. i used to hate roberts and when he signed i slagged him off to the extreme.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:50:13 »

Give the lad a chance!  How long has he signed for?  Six months surely?  If he's crap we can put him in the same folder as Jon Stevenson and Lloyd Opara.  If he's half-decent, then we've gained something.  I imagine he'll cost fuck-all, and as Marie said, one League Two reject has done alright....  Jenkins is a quality signing, if not just for his homeless-like appearance.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:51:10 »

fair enough. i used to hate roberts and when he signed i slagged him off to the extreme.

As did I.
Spud

« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:52:48 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Give the lad a chance!  How long has he signed for?  Six months surely?  If he's crap we can put him in the same folder as Jon Stevenson and Lloyd Opara.  If he's half-decent, then we've gained something.  I imagine he'll cost fuck-all, and as Marie said, one League Two reject has done alright.... Jenkins is a quality signing, if not just for his homeless-like appearance.

Is he?. :?
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 30, 2006, 14:53:53 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "Walrus"
Give the lad a chance!  How long has he signed for?  Six months surely?  If he's crap we can put him in the same folder as Jon Stevenson and Lloyd Opara.  If he's half-decent, then we've gained something.  I imagine he'll cost fuck-all, and as Marie said, one League Two reject has done alright.... Jenkins is a quality signing, if not just for his homeless-like appearance.

Is he?. :?

Given his gutsy performances and experience I think he is an asset to the squad.  We've certainly missed him when he's injured, and means we've actually got competition for the right-back slot...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: