Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fallon Replacement?  (Read 5544 times)
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:10:58 »

I don't believe what i'm reading in this thread, Rory has pretty much carried this team on his own for half a season, scored 14 goals and given us a slim chance of avoiding relegation yet a few of you keep saying how poor he is??

:|
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:12:25 »

he is never worth 300k though. i admire swindon board for having some balls and getting money in for fallon.

Peacock WILL score goals to keep us up.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:32:10 »

From a Barnsley fan on BBC 606:

A 'significant' sell on clause was insisted upon by Barnsley FC before selling Fallon to Swindon.

From Official Site

BARNSLEY Football Club are set to receive an unexpected financial windfall this week if reports from South Wales are to be believed and striker Rory Fallon completes his switch from Swindon Town to League One big spenders Swansea City.

Swindon had initially rejected a six-figure bid from the Swans earlier this month but the Welsh side have reportedly followed up their interest with a second offer, rumoured to be in the region of £300,000.

Fallon came up through the Academy system at Oakwell, making his first team debut in 2001. He went on to turn out 58 times for the Reds, netting eleven goals, before joining Swindon Town in November 2003.

The New Zealander has been a massive hit at Swindon and has bagged 14 goals in a struggling Robins side this season. He had been targeted by Nottingham Forest earlier this month.

The deal taking the 23-year-old to the County Ground in November 2003 included a significant sell-on clause which is set to net Barnsley Football Club a financial boost should the deal be completed before the transfer window closes.

Today's Swansea Evening Post reads:

Swansea City were today closing in on the signing of Swindon striker Rory Fallon amid fresh speculation linking Lee Trundle with a move to the Premiership.

As Kenny Jackett aimed to tie up a deal for Fallon, the Swansea boss was fearing a possible bid for his star centre-forward after Portsmouth watched him in action at the Liberty Stadium last night. Pompey boss Harry Redknapp had been expected in South Wales, but in the end it was assistant manager Kevin Bond and first-team coach Joe Jordan running the rule over Swansea's top marksman.

Redknapp, depserate for new recruits as he bids to keep Portsmouth in the Premiership, has confessed his admiration for Trundle in the past - and said after the 5-0 drubbing at Birmingham last Saturday that he was on the hunt for a centre-forward.

Jackett has been searching for a new frontman, too, and it seems he may now get a player he admitted bidding £300,000 for last week.

The Evening Post understands Fallon was at the Liberty for talks yesterday.

The 23-year-old Kiwi, who Swansea have watched on numerous occasions, indicated last week that he was keen to see out his contract before moving on a free this summer, while Swindon insisted they were intent on retaining their top marksman.

But the signing of Sheffield Wednesday frontman Lee Peacock appears to have paved the way for Fallon to move on.

The former Barnsley player, who at 6ft 2in boasts the physical presence Jackett craves, said over the weekend that he would leave if Swindon wanted him to go.

Trundle, meanwhile, is still to sign the contract extension chairman Huw Jenkins claimed was finalised last Saturday.

Starting for the first time in three weeks after injury last night, the 17-goal Scouser did not make a huge impact.

Bond and Jordan left after 80 minutes of the LDV Vans Trophy southern section semi-final against Walsall, while Trundle was substituted at the start of extra-time.

Swansea won it 6-5 on penalties, the match having finished 2-2 after extra time.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
adam

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 17:57:38 »

So we're fucked on the transfer fee then.  He's been talking like he wanted to leave for a while.  Peacock is a quality signing and he's definately going to score some goals up front with cureton.
Danjackson10

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 18:01:25 »

MAKE YOUR AVATAR SMALLER YOU FREAK!!!!!!
adam

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 18:05:52 »

haha direct link, ill sort it
Danjackson10

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 18:17:13 »

thanks
my-velocity

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 18:17:16 »

I never rated Fallon anyway i thought he was shite even though he got the goals. Most of them were from good set ups, any striker can score goals as we have seen with Lee Peacock (i think he'll score about 13 for the rest of the season). Good money for him, i would have payed a tenner.  Cheesy
SwindonStevo

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 19:14:41 »

cant be that much surely 10%, 20 at best?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 19:20:43 »

Quote from: "stfcbeckett"
I never rated Fallon anyway i thought he was shite even though he got the goals. Most of them were from good set ups, any striker can score goals as we have seen with Lee Peacock (i think he'll score about 13 for the rest of the season). Good money for him, i would have payed a tenner.  Cheesy

you have got to be joking. im not upset he left but you can't say he was rubbish.
fatbury

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 20:12:09 »

The money will not be spent at all .. Peacock is his replacement

He is worth more than £300 k as it will cost us a damn sight more than that in lost revenue when firstly fans stop going as the best players are being sold and they are still being charged a stupid amount of money to watch crap and then because the crap goes down even less will go to watch. Im sure thats worth more than £300k

The End of Swindon .. mark my words ..25th Jan 2006 will go down in history as the beginning of the end of Swindon as a League club
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 20:16:12 »

lets hope curo and peacock can carry on where they left off on saturday for the rest of the season then. and we need roberts to beat the booze and fast!
Piemonte

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 20:19:05 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

He is worth more than £300 k as it will cost us a damn sight more than that in lost revenue when firstly fans stop going as the best players are being sold and they are still being charged a stupid amount of money to watch crap and then because the crap goes down even less will go to watch. Im sure thats worth more than £300k

The End of Swindon .. mark my words ..25th Jan 2006 will go down in history as the beginning of the end of Swindon as a League club

You fucking idiot

one half decent striker does not make a club
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 20:20:56 »

we sold parkin and we are still here now
STFC Village

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, January 25, 2006, 20:21:37 »

Quote from: "fatbury"

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON!!!???!!!??!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: