Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: swansea after fallon  (Read 3143 times)
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:03:46 »

I can't help thnking (as much as I think he is great) that it would be very good business at £300K

Would ease some debt problems.....As long as Iffy gets one third of this to bolster the squad I think we could cope.....

Wise men say........
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:04:32 »

Exactly DV85 !
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:06:29 »

Quote from: "sheepshagger"
I can't help thnking (as much as I think he is great) that it would be very good business at £300K

Would ease some debt problems.....As long as Iffy gets one third of this to bolster the squad I think we could cope.....

agreed, anything over £250k for fallon is great business. however i'd have my doubts where the money would go, i'd like to think it'd go some way to paying off the cva and also to strengthening the squad but the money for parkin disappeared into thin air, so who knows?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:06:32 »

Quote from: "sheepshagger"

Iffy wont see any of it.

Whether id accept 300k for Fallon soley depends on how much we actually got for Parkin. If we got a very good deal for Parkin then we should gamble and keep Fallon, if we got peanuts for Parkin then we dont have much choice with regards to flogging Fallon.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:07:30 »

also, if he wants to sign his new contract get him to do it NOW!

If he wants to stay then there is no reason to drag this contract situation out any longer
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:08:09 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Me and Janaage were discussing this subject in the Winners on NYE.

The general consensus was thanks for the goals but fuck off  Cheesy

We were indeed Davey.  And that was when we heard about a £100k offer.  At £200k plus I'd rip those welshies hands off!!

I'd prefer it if he went to Forest though, that'd be funny as fuck Fallon playing for them, their fans would rip him to shreds.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:13:52 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
for £400,000 i'd drive him there myself!

Yeah we'd be silly to turn that down.
McLovin

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:22:56 »

This season is a one off for Fallon. Sell him while he has a value.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:23:22 »

I'm going against consensus and saying we should try and keep him and tell them to shove their 250-400K.  If it was the end of the season then fair enough.

At the moment he is our only goalscorer and thus our only chance of staying up. I can't see where the quality supply for Curo to come good will come from.

I think it is too big a risk bringing in someone new now. It may take time to settle and that is something we don't have.

Of course financially we may not have a choice if the right offer comes in. Also if Fallon wants to leave then that is that  too.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:30:46 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Quote from: "StefPol"
The team wil just have to adapt to Cureton's kind of play

one man does not make a team.

adapting our style of play for a player whose commitment to swindon town fc is doubtful is beyond the realms of logic, to be fair. it'd be daft to do it.

At the end of the day, both Cureton and Fallon have different styles.  Just look at Parkin and Fallon.  Both players are good, but put them together, and it just didnt work.

Fallon gives commitment which any fan likes to see.  However if we got £300k for him,  then thats sound business.  I think Cureton could take Fallons place as the main striker, and he can score goals galore.  He's proved it with Colchester, and many other teams

The pros of Fallon leaving are

We get sat £250k,  which hopefully eases some debt, and can also potentially go towards bolstering the squad  (all be it free transfers with higher wages)

We have Cureton who could potentially do the same job for us upfront

The Cons

We are losing our top goal scorer

Fallon has a good presence in defence with his areial ability

What will probably happen is,   Fallon signs a new contract with us, including a get out clause of £400-£500k

He scores lots of goals for Swindon.  Then some time in the near future, he will be
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 12:53:08 »

Pro
- Board get money

Cons
- No one else fucking scores.

We'd be fools to get rid of him. Say we do get 250k, that wont all be upfront plus some of it will go to Barnsley. We will get peanuts, he isnt worth that much in terms of transfer value but if his goals keep us in this division, surely that would be worth more to the club that a low % of 250k.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 15:55:15 »

if fallon goes we're as good as relegated. i can't see anyone else taking over as our main goalscorer. cureton will be gone by february & i cant imagine roberts will pull his finger out between now & the end of the season.

our whole style of play has been based around fallon since iffy took over. would be a shame to have to change it round again now its started to get results.

if he is sold we'll probably end up with another jamie slabber coming on loan as cover  Sad

that would be typical swindon though. remember terry gibson as a replacement for duncan shearer  :disapprove:
mattboyslim

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 16:05:19 »

To be talking in excess of 100k for a guy with 6 months left is very good money, when he's free in the summer.  Personally keep him, we need the goals too much IMHO.
Spud

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 17:43:43 »

Just said on Sky Sports News that we have rejected an undisclosed bid by Swansea for Fallon.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 5, 2006, 17:51:59 »

We need Fallon if we will stay up
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: