Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thorpe gon  (Read 4729 times)
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 16:55:33 »

Quote from: "blinkpip"
We haven't got many strikers now.

When Bouazza leaves in January, it leaves only Fallon and Roberts.
Iffy gonna have to find a bargain.

Bring back Cureton and take a gamble on Matt Tubbs from Salisbury...he's being scoring loads recently, is quick and is still only 20 ish.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 16:57:03 »

Wooooo  Cheesy  good news that. But maybe we should have sent him out on loan in january, or possibly even sold him?
Nevermind, he was probably on a lot of money a week anyway, so the best decision was to let him go. At least it frees up some funds  Smiley

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 17:03:44 »

Good riddance.
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 17:05:31 »

Good news i think, didn't have a good attitude, and never looked any good here
adje

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 17:07:23 »

Mooney?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 17:31:50 »

Quote from: "nozza"
It also says on the official site that he scored a goal in a Carling Cup match against Wycombe, when it was against Oldham that he scored unless I am mistaken.

You wouldn't expect them to get something like this right, bit like the Adver, what do they do all day....its not that hard to research facts.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 18:00:50 »

My checklist for the inevitable new striker Iffy brings in during the transfer window is an experienced, big, vicious bruiser of a striker.  A Dean Windass, Luke Beckett no nonsense thug.[/quote]

Mooney?

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 18:05:44 »

That's cheered up my day no end, good ridance Thorpe.

And Mooney would prefer to stay at Wycombe adje I'm sure as they look certs to get promoted this season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 18:10:50 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
That's cheered up my day no end, good ridance Thorpe.

And Mooney would prefer to stay at Wycombe adje I'm sure as they look certs to get promoted this season.

Yeah-it was a bit tongue-in-cheek

Dazzza

« Reply #39 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 18:40:58 »

Not keen at all on Mooney a step backwards and looks to be a dwindling power.

Jon Parkin of Macclesfield, you'll do for me.

A big striker at 6'4 with a real physical presence and also rather adept with the ball at his feet.  He clocked 24 goals propelling an average Macc Lads side into the playoffs last season and has two in four this term although he’s been limited by an injury, which he should be back from shortly.

Also rather a versatile chap he can and has played at centre back in the past before being punted as more of an out and out striker.

Contract is up in the summer, Macclesfield languishing in the table and a widely accepted inevitable departure in January makes it at least feasible.

All would depend on what sort off fee Macclesfield are after at the end of the day but you’d have to hope it’s not beyond the realms of  being a possibility

http://www.mtfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/4d/23/0,,10393~336717,00.jpg

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 18:43:46 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
Not keen at all on Mooney a step backwards and looks to be a dwindling power.

Jon Parkin of Macclesfield, you'll do for me.

A big striker at 6'4 with a real physical presence and also rather adept with the ball at his feet.  He clocked 24 goals propelling an average Macc Lads side into the playoffs last season and has two in four this term although he’s been limited by an injury, which he should be back from shortly.

Also rather a versatile chap he can and has played at centre back in the past before being punted as more of an out and out striker.

Contract is up in the summer, Macclesfield languishing in the table and a widely accepted inevitable departure in January makes it at least feasible.

All would depend on what sort off fee Macclesfield are after at the end of the day but you’d have to hope it’s not beyond the realms of  being a possibility

http://www.mtfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/4d/23/0,,10393~336717,00.jpg

Don't think we're in a position to acquire anybody other than a loan or maybe a non-league player.....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 18:53:43 »

Quote from: "nozza"
Slabber possibly?  
Dont laugh at your own jokes
Dazzza

« Reply #42 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 19:11:31 »

Don't think we're in a position to acquire anybody other than a loan or maybe a non-league player.....

You’re quite right Reg but I'm working on the faint hope that the "resources for a couple of players" may stretch beyond loan players possibly from a fee for Cureton and the cash saved from the accumulated departure of Thorpe and whoever else is off in the transfer window.

I know more hope of hell freezing over  :twisted:

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 19:21:11 »

Quote from: "dazzza"

You’re quite right Reg but I'm working on the faint hope that the "resources for a couple of players" may stretch beyond loan players possibly from a fee for Cureton and the cash saved from the accumulated departure of Thorpe and whoever else is off in the transfer window.

I know more hope of hell freezing over  :twisted:

Iffy mentions a small cash saving on Thorpe....but he's obviously taken a lump sum of say 5 months wages when he could have hung about and got say 7.

Its money though that will have gone out of the pot, and there aren't too many tasty fixtures on the horizon. , to replenish it.
Dazzza

« Reply #44 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 19:37:04 »

I’d have hoped we didn’t have to pay Thorpe anything like that especially as it seems increasingly likely he’s going to secure another club almost immediately.

Then again….

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: