Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Allen kicking off about the flag at Oldham  (Read 4150 times)
Asher

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 13:04:13 »

I love dill!
fatbury

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 13:05:17 »

i heard that Happy Xmas wasnt allowed in some towns but Happy Diwali is !! MADNESS!
Spud

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 16:18:45 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
i heard that Happy Xmas wasnt allowed in some towns but Happy Diwali is !! MADNESS!

Apparently on Bonfre night we were allowed to let Fireworks off up until 11pm which is the law, but for Diwali they were allowed to go up until 1am.  :?
Sussex

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 16:21:48 »

I think Allen should think before he speaks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/sussex_red/allen.jpg

:shock:
Spud

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 16:26:55 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"

Lets all email that to the Brentford chairman and complain about his Nazi salute.  
Spencer_White

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 17:27:27 »

Quote from: "Manc_Swindon"

Culture is about a way of life, not about a history book.

Id agree with that actually.
Manc_Swindon

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 22:34:54 »

Quote from: "Amir"

So where do you think our culture comes from and is formed?  The past that's where.  We have adopted parts of other cultures for centuries, whether it be French, German, African, Indian.  I love my country immensely, and I feel some people abuse the priviledge of being English.

Goodnight :boring:

Incorrect that is about hertiage.

I dont wear Swindon shirts because my French ancesstors (sp) did i wear it as its part of my culture being a football fan. I also get drunk because it is part of modern culture not because the saxons or whoever did.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 22:45:38 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "Sussex Red"

Lets all email that to the Brentford chairman and complain about his Nazi salute.  
Sounds like a plan!

I agree that people are going over the top with being PC. They say they want a multi-cultural society, but ban Chrsitian celebratory decoratoins, and bend the rules for Hindus but not people from this country celebrating an event that is part of English history.

Bloody hypocrits!
Amir

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2005, 23:21:35 »

I dont wear Swindon shirts because my French ancesstors (sp) did i wear it as its part of my culture being a football fan. I also get drunk because it is part of modern culture not because the saxons or whoever did.

Look pal, what I'm trying to say is that this great country of ours has had more influence from abroad than probably any other nation on earth, and that is one of the things that makes us so special.  Most people don't even realise that.

I'm not even going to explain my views as that would take too long and I've bored everyone enough, but I have reasons behind my beliefs and I'm not some 'let 'em all in' 'why can't we all just get along' prick.

Now don't say black cunt and think you're being clever eh Wink

'...and if, you know, the history, it's enough to make your heart go ooh ooH oOH OOH' :smile1:
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 02:35:09 »

Quote from: "Amir"

So where do you think our culture comes from and is formed?  The past that's where.  We have adopted parts of other cultures for centuries, whether it be French, German, African, Indian.  I love my country immensely, and I feel some people abuse the priviledge of being English.

Goodnight :boring:

Heritage is history surely? Without past events, how is a tradition formed? I do agree that people's views/values/perceptions change with time but you cannot argue against history. Regardless how our culture was formed, it relies on past events.

Henry Ford once said "history is more or less bunk", yet he made history himself and without that history, technology wouldn't be what it is today. It's the same with culture.

The only issue I can see with the St. George's Cross is that St. George was tortured and executed for confessing to be Christian. This religious issue seems irrelevant now as it was the Roman's who tortured and executed George, but it has made what the cross is today and therefore the history has become the heritage.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: