Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Ground Shelved!!!  (Read 15048 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 19:43:16 »

Chippenham is looking a good bet in respects to my previous post, plus they dont have a league club so not affected by football league rules. Stadium close to the M4 would be my guess. I certainly wouldnt have problem travelling to there for Swindon games. Even more happy with it as Swindon Council will get fuck all from it! Beers

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 19:45:19 »

me too. i wouldnt mind it in Wooton Bassett becuase even though i dont drive its still quite easy to get to
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 19:45:44 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
On the ground share front it could only really be a Rugby club as there is no point moving in with another football team. Gloucester or Bath. A shared football/rugby Stadium half way between Bath and Swindon???

aren't Bath planning to redevelop the rec though?

Possibly, but there isnt much room to develop there either as its right in the centre of town and restrcted space on two sides of the current ground (sound familiar???)

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
red macca

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 19:47:03 »

i wouldnt mind chippenham at all tbh
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 19:47:06 »

does indeed! wherever it is i just hope its near enough to Swindon to still feel like Swindon Town FC
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 19:49:01 »

It will always be STFC. but remember a huge proportion of our fans come from outside of Swindon (Chippenham, Malmesbury, even alot of places in Ox***dshire) Alot of the poulation of Swindon arent from here originally and couldnt give a toss about the club.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 19:52:40 »

Chippenham is looking a good bet in respects to my previous post, plus they dont have a league club so not affected by football league rules. Stadium close to the M4 would be my guess. I certainly wouldnt have problem travelling to there for Swindon games. Even more happy with it as Swindon Council will get fuck all from it! Beers

Unfortunately what SBC get from it is a chunk of land they can sell off for development......Thamesdown Transport will probably lay on subsidised buses to The Madejski from the car park.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 20:02:21 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Unfortunately what SBC get from it is a chunk of land they can sell off for development......Thamesdown Transport will probably lay on subsidised buses to The Madejski from the car park.

Isnt there an old covenant on the land saying it can only be used for sporting uses anyway??? which could be part ofr the reason that the redevelopment of the CG idea has been scuppered.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 20:08:59 »

Isnt there an old covenant on the land saying it can only be used for sporting uses anyway??? which could be part ofr the reason that the redevelopment of the CG idea has been scuppered.

Covenants although inconvenient can be bought out. The reason the scheme is a no go is that the club is skint.... and wants something that it can't pay for....its a sort of Catch 22.

Next phase will be to see what Plan B is......I doubt there is one and fully expect to see the plug pulled before the end of the season.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 20:11:11 »

plan b is the move "elsewhere" though isn't it?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 20:12:45 »

Has to be Bassett way or towards Highworth surely? Would STFC really move as far as Chippenham?  bath Ruggers could move down this way. Isn't a London Rugby club (is it Irish?) play at Reading?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
red macca

« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 20:12:58 »

Quote from: "Rich"
plan b is the move "elsewhere" though isn't it?
i would of thought so rich yeah..as i just said on thisis surely we are eligble for the council right to buy Cheesy  Cheesy
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 20:40:01 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
Has to be Bassett way or towards Highworth surely? Would STFC really move as far as Chippenham?  bath Ruggers could move down this way. Isn't a London Rugby club (is it Irish?) play at Reading?

Yeah, London Irish.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 20:40:48 »

Next phase will be to see what Plan B is......I doubt there is one and fully expect to see the plug pulled before the end of the season.

They obviously have a plan B -- unless Devlin was lying, which I doubt.  Would be a silly thing to do in these circumstances.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 20:53:47 »

Quote from: "Chris K"

They obviously have a plan B -- unless Devlin was lying, which I doubt.  Would be a silly thing to do in these circumstances.

But the Plan B stated so far makes no sense.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: