Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v City - Official Match Thread  (Read 5217 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 22:39:32 »

Good performance, fantastic result, two excellent goals and a brilliant come back.  What a first touch from Fallon, I think he will turn out to be better than Parkin (sorry to blaspheme, that's just my opinion). It was good to see Migz last the whole 90 minutes having taken a couple of hefty knocks.  

That penalty rule has to be scrapped, it's a dreadful rule.  They might as well tell the keeper he has to stand on his line and let the ball go in. The ref on the whole though was ok I thought. Red card? mmmmmm...no. Yellow card for McDermott's celebration? Joke.  Although to the letter of the law, all three decisions were probably correct.

I thought Sky overplayed City's performance, they didn't threaten that much second half (although at the time I cacked myself every time they went forward) City look a very, very poor side.  We look like we can stay up.

Finally, anyone who watched it on the box, did it look to you (especially when their kit was soaking wet) as of City were running around stark bollock naked, or was that just me?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 22:44:01 »

Skin coloured shirts are not clever.

I agree that all three decisions were harsh but to be fair they are the rules! I hear Heaton was marginally off his line...their bloke pushed Bouazza over and was the last man, and McDermott jumped into the stand.

Well done referee.

YOU REDSSS!
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 22:57:19 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Good performance, fantastic result, two excellent goals and a brilliant come back.  What a first touch from Fallon, I think he will turn out to be better than Parkin (sorry to blaspheme, that's just my opinion). It was good to see Migz last the whole 90 minutes having taken a couple of hefty knocks.  

That penalty rule has to be scrapped, it's a dreadful rule.  They might as well tell the keeper he has to stand on his line and let the ball go in. The ref on the whole though was ok I thought. Red card? mmmmmm...no. Yellow card for McDermott's celebration? Joke.  Although to the letter of the law, all three decisions were probably correct.

I thought Sky overplayed City's performance, they didn't threaten that much second half (although at the time I cacked myself every time they went forward) City look a very, very poor side.  We look like we can stay up.

Finally, anyone who watched it on the box, did it look to you (especially when their kit was soaking wet) as of City were running around stark bollock naked, or was that just me?

When City ran out my mate turned to me and said 'they must be skint, they're playing in skins!'

I was sat level with the sending off in the Nationwide, it looked a definite red from there. I haven't taped the game but its on again at 01:15, i'll set the recorder for then. City looked menacing in midfield in the second half but couldn't turn the promise into chances.
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 23:05:56 »

Heaton made a few brilliant saves.

Pook was solid with a few very good hard challenges in first half.  (Tackling midfielder.....?)

Bouzza read the game well - always beating the offside trap and thus was able to get through.

Migz just played some beatiful balls through, throughout the first half.

Grant Smith was rubbish  Cheesy Heywood was solid  Sad

And i think Tinnion was sitting behind me - i cheered in his face as he held his head in his hands peeping through to look at me when Fallon scored that awesome goal.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 23:18:04 »

My old man sent me a text saying City were the worst team he has seen this season.

I watched the game, the retaken pen was very harsh and Heaton almost got a hand on the second kick. The sending off was touch and go. Hameur would have been through and you could say it was a shoulder charge, but I thought it was a foul. We were great in the first half, Migz was running the show and what a good second goal, great passing and movement and a wonderful finish by Rory. (Celebration? What was that about?). Second half, we got tired I think, but dug in well to grind out the result that our first half showing deserved!!

Well done lads, onwards and upwards!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 23:30:15 »

Just rewatched the Pen on Sky.  Did the lino flag or did the ref give the retake? On Sky the ref looked like he was watching the edge of the box, not the goalline.

All in all WHO THE FUCK CARES. 2-1!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 23:33:32 »

great game! the 2nd half was a bit dull but who gives a shit 2-1 is all that matters!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 02:20:05 »

Top result and well done Iffy on getting the first win at last. Beers

City are shite and deserve to go down if they play like that. Hope we finish above them and we really should.

Hopefully this can boost the confidence and put a few back on the crowd for the next home game.
Rossi

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 12:35:46 »

The re-take was very harsh, he did move a split second before the ball was kicked, but it was only a fraction and not really enough to give him a mojor advantage, but it was a good save and unlucky with the re-take.
I think that the red card decision was correct.  If you watch the replay, it looks like a shoulder barge, but then you see his arm go up, and he was the last defender, so he would have been clean through on goal had he not been pushed over
All in all, a great performance, and a really good game to watch

genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, November 14, 2005, 12:25:34 »

Hello - first game I have actually seen all season, in one of Geneva's only pubs with a load of TVs in it.  Found a few City fans and managed to get the game on, much to the absolute disgust of about 200 hardcore England fans that wanted to watch the U21 game...  Felt very alone in my Town shirt !

Also met a lad called John, I think - posty.  Hope you had a good weekend !

Just watched the highlights, if the ref gave the retake of the penalty he should have given teh second one too - Heaton moved exactly the same amount, i.e. none.

Wasn't sure about the red card, and said do to the city fans in the pub - but then there were more of them than me !

But great display, in fact I got a few congratulations off of random pissed punters on the way out for a good game.  Would have rather been at the Town and watched the England match on TV than the other way round, but whatever - fecking brilliant weekend's footy  !
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: