Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Top Ten Music Artists  (Read 4995 times)
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:22:44 »

Quote from: "larwood"

i know loooooads of people who love music that americans basically brought to the UK.
English music is basically influeneced by american music anyway

I was going to make that point,without American music the music we have in England wouldn't be the same.As John Lennon said "Before Elvis there was nothing."

Yep, exactly  Wink
I guess you could argue though that bands such as Green Day were influenced through The Clash (fact). But like you say, music was kick started through Elvis.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
McLovin

« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:22:53 »

Not at all Fatters.  She is strangely alluring.
STFC Village

« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:23:01 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
am i the only one who finds Meg White attractive?
I would, no question
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:24:31 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
am i the only one who finds Meg White attractive?

Na i find her quite nice to

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:28:26 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Quote from: "PHIL!!!!"
Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Yeah, but the thing with my opinions are that they are very rarely wrong (IMO  Wink )

Ayyyyyyyyyy?? how can u be correct when sayin 90+% of american music is poor? because i know loooooads of people who love music that americans basically brought to the UK.
English music is basically influeneced by american music anyway.

And American's only speak English cause the English founded it - swings and roundabouts

Influences are one thing - but if the English take an American influence 90% of the time we do it better

There's too much demand for American music which means the shit is allowed in as well - whereas with demand for English music less, the shit gets weeded out and never makes it.

English Music: Quality not Quantity ______ American Music: Quantity not Quality

Well as we are ALL entitled to our own opinion, i feel american bands have influenced british ones a great deal.
Without them, our music would be all boy/girl pop bands, which in my opinion would be extremely bad. Thank you Americans.
But thats all i thank them for. There a bunch of useless fucks otherwise.

mattboyslim

« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:29:44 »

The 10% of US music that's good would include Elvis as he is a legend, but IMHO the most popular US genres are Country and Western, RAP/R'n'B and Metal-ish stuff.  Convincing me that the best genres Dance and Indie are dominated by Europeans.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:31:20 »

But like you say, music was kick started through Elvis

Rock and Roll anyway,from a white point of view too.Obviously before Elvis there was something{ i.e Black musicians playing rock and roll,gospel ,country,blues e.c.t,} Elvis with his great voice and image took Rock and Roll  to the masses.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:42:25 »

i know loooooads of people who love music that americans basically brought to the UK.

I was going to make that point,without American music the music we have in England wouldn't be the same.As John Lennon said "Before Elvis there was nothing."

Yep, exactly  Wink
I guess you could argue though that bands such as Green Day were influenced through The Clash (fact). But like you say, music was kick started through Elvis.

I've not listened to a lot of Green day but they sound an awful lot like Stiff Little Fingers to me.

I would say that Brit bands have been more influential largely down to two groups

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:46:58 »

Quote from: "Barnard"

Yep, exactly  Wink

I've not listened to a lot of Green day but they sound an awful lot like Stiff Little Fingers to me.

I would say that Brit bands have been more influential largely down to two groups

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin

Yep, i think their another band who influenced Green Day

PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:48:58 »

Quote from: "Barnard"

Yep, exactly  Wink

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin

But Green Day are a bit more heavier.
Im listenin to Tin Soldiers by Stiff Little Fingers now. Theres definetly a cent of Green Day in there  Wink

larwood

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 14:55:15 »

Hey,i don't like Greenday though!,how insulting Wink .I was just disagreeing with Mattboyslim when he said  that American music is no good,how can it be when  most modern music has its roots there? Smiley

And fate has just
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 15:17:42 »

No laugh Larwood

Sorry Fatbury,i meant no offence,it was underhand and rude of me to question your choices , sorry mate  Cool  Smiley
I'm obviously not laughing because The Smiths and Morrissey are my second and third choices Wink

And fate has just
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 15:21:29 »

Rem
Nirvana
At the drive-in
Lee 'scratch' Perry
Jackie Mitoo
Otis Redding
Doves
The Clash
Oasis
Elbow

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 15:27:42 »

Otis Redding

Ohhh ,drool....what a voice Smiley.

And fate has just
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 11, 2005, 15:31:57 »

Otis Redding

Ohhh ,drool....what a voice Smiley.

He was the fuckin man alright, cut down before he could realise his full potential but left us all the more richer for having him on this earth nonetheless.

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: