Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reading vs. Wednesday  (Read 3260 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 13:08:56 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Reading aren't irrelevant at all:

If Swindon go bust (god forbid) I'm going to see if i can get a Mad Stad away stand season ticket. I could have a guest team to 'support' each week.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 13:10:55 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Quote from: "STFCLady"
Walrus, if you hate reading so much one of my best mates who is a reading fan and follows religiously is coming to see us play city next friday so feel free to take all your anger out on him!!!

I will point you in his direction!

I'll nut him!  :twisted:

Worst club ever.  FACT!

Feel free!!!

I have told him to be on his best behaviour.
fatbury

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 13:12:08 »

not worse than Oxford :scribe:
DMR

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 14:23:21 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

If only we could get a stadium like that.  Wink

Then our support would/will probably go just as stale.  :?

Because teams are terrified to come the CG these days  :?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 14:50:20 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

to be fair, how many grounds have you been to where the home fans sing?
DMR

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 15:04:31 »

A few, to be fair.

Having taken to the arkells to bait the away fans recently, you don't hear much by way of Swindon noise up there.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 15:07:01 »

A few, to be fair.

Having taken to the arkells to bait the away fans recently, you don't hear much by way of Swindon noise up there.

Of all the away grounds so far this season, only really Franchise  :shock:  made some noise, and that was your standard happy clappy crap and Blackpool but they had one song

Barnsley, Walsall, Tranmere, Brentford, Doncaster, Huddersfield all rather silent espcially Walsall....
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 15:10:38 »

Huddersfield a few years ago when we beat them 3-1 or something (Duke got one early) were loud

Wednesday make some noise, as do (from L1)... Bournemouth, MKD (gayers), Swansea, Sarfend, Yeovil, Oldham, Scunthorpe, Vale
Spencer_White

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 18:58:17 »

Weve had a bad patch (14 months), but its going to get better now.

Mr fucking cynic.
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 19:30:28 »

Besides now pitch invasions have been taken out of the equation no ones scared to go anywhere in that sense.

Newcastle got banned from the FA cup in the 70's. They went 2-0 down at home to Man City and the fans all ran riot on the pitch. City got a bit of a knee trembler at the site of all these rabid geordies and lost the game 3-2 in the last 10 minutes.
Spencer_White

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 20:24:46 »

Im not sad honest. Rothmans yearbook/bobs site.

'March 9th 1974 Cup drama at Newcastle! Nottingham F. are awarded a penalty in the second half and the vehemently protesting Pat Howard is sent off. Lyall scores from the spot to put the visitors 3-1 up, and the crowd invades the pitch. Referee Gordon Kew takes the players off the field, but after an eight-minute break, play resumes. Ten-man Newcastle then score three times to win the quarter-final 4--3! . '

March 11 1974 Nottingham F. ask for the annulment of last Saturday's Cup result at Newcastle.
But the draw for the semi-finals includes Newcastle and a decision will be made later. Leonard Conroy, one of the pitch-invaders, is sentenced to six months imprisonment for breach of the peace and assaulting a police officer. . .

March 18 At Everton, Newcastle draw ~ with Nottingham F. after extra time, and the teams will meet again at the same venue on Thursday. .

March 21 After 300 minutes of football, Newcastle fight their way into the semi-finals of the FA Cup. They defeat Nottingham F. 1-0 with a Malcolm Macdonald goal.

April 22 1974 Newcastle are banned from staging FA Cup ties next season at St James' Park. If they are drawn at home, the match will be played on their opponents' ground.This is the punishment meted out for last month's pitch invasion, but the club is allowed to keep their share of the gate from the two replays with Nottingham F . . .
Lord Westwood, Newcastle chairman, has welcomed the verdict. The local MP Mr Geoffrey Rhodes called it 'a brutal, idiotic decision. I believe the FA Cup Committee has taken leave of their senses and should be removed from office at the earliest opportunity,' he says. . .

And 5 days later....

April 27 1974 After 36 years in Division 1, Manchester U. are relegated. Denis Law, their former player, scores the only goal of the local derby for City, and five minutes from the end the crowd invades the pitch. Referee David Smith takes the players off the field and abandons the game. .

Surreal.
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 20:52:41 »

Weve had a bad patch (14 months), but its going to get better now.

Mr fucking cynic.

Yeah, I am a bit.

Only because the 12 y/o chavs who go in there think they're the heart and soul of atmosphere.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 21:18:32 »

I sat in the home end at Blackpool, and it wasn't fart different to the Arkells, a couple of chants throughout the whole end.

And that was their equivalent of the TE
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 21:19:54 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"
Quote from: "Walrus"
ginger-Parkin, Dave Kitson.

don't call him ginger, he might cry!

did anyone see the story in the paper at the weekend about him saying that people abusing him is a form of racism? what a bell end!
Cock-sucking ginger abuser. I'll sue :twak:
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 22:07:51 »

haysie will show you what happens when you call him ginger....not alot will happen by the way.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: