Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Burley parts company with Hearts  (Read 5164 times)
Spud

« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 31, 2005, 18:32:06 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
Chairman George Foulkes has today been sacked, and chief executive Phil Anderton has resigned in protest.

Seems like the wheels have completely fallen off Hearts' season! :-))(

They've gone from one extreme to the next.  :|
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 31, 2005, 18:39:28 »

Vladimir Romanov has appointed his son Roman as Chairman and Chief Exec!

Yes, Roman Romanov!! Bit like Neville Neville I suppose!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 31, 2005, 22:59:41 »

i don't want hearts to mess up now, espically as someone is finally chaleenging the boring old firm! why change it so much!? any answers come out...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 31, 2005, 23:43:12 »

Statement from the editor of the Hearts edition of the TownEnd!

'A short-while ago, I received a call from George Foulkes, our former Chairman.

I had called and left a message for him, and he kindly returned my call.

I told him of the shock and disappointment expressed by members on Jambos Kickback, that both he and Phil Anderton had been forced out of Hearts.

As you now may have seen on the interview which has just aired on Sky Sports News, he was brow-beaten, cajoled and ultimately not prepared to sack Phil Anderton, and he made clear to Mr Romanov, that if he did carry out this act, that Foulkes could no longer be the chairman of Hearts.

He indicated to me that he no longer held Mr Romanov with any regard, and would urge supporters to be wary of future messages coming from the regime.

I expressed our concern that the recent upheaval at Tynecastle would have a hugely detrimental effect on the players, and he stated with pride that he would be at the match on Saturday, watching from the Wheatfield, in support of the team.

On behalf of the members of Jambos Kickback, I expressed our deep gratitude for the work done by George at Hearts, and wished him all the best for the future.

Pete Lindsell (Editor)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 31, 2005, 23:46:37 »

it is bad times, and it is so bad for hearts fans considering things looked like they were finally changing for the good.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2005, 08:55:30 »

Fucking hell, money's the route of all evil, just glad Hibs are broke!!!!  We don't want any dodgy bloody Soviets invading E.R.

What do you want to happen then EdinRed?  Romanov to leave and take his money with him, or do you actually trust the bloke?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2005, 14:03:12 »

I can't believe what's happening at Hearts, it's pretty terrifying. I feel sorry for all the Hearts fans as well, a fantastic start to the season ruined by a total nutjob.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2005, 14:06:04 »

One of the financial advisers I speak to was telling me the other week about how he placed a bet that Hearts would win the league (he placed it before the season started).  He must be gutted the way things have gone recently.
mattboyslim

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2005, 14:08:02 »

But that total nutjob is the guy who gave them the money to challenge for the league.  Real shame though, nice to have some difference at the top of the league.  Would be great if both Edinburgh teams and Aberdeen could challenge the duopoly.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2005, 18:26:12 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Fucking hell, money's the route of all evil, just glad Hibs are broke!!!!  We don't want any dodgy bloody Soviets invading E.R.

What do you want to happen then EdinRed?  Romanov to leave and take his money with him, or do you actually trust the bloke?

Don't think he can be trusted at all! His son is now Chairman! Something decidedly dodgy is going on! Apparantly his Lithuanian bank, UKIO Bankas is also extremely dodgy and has one of the worst credit ratings going!

Hearts fans at work are very worried about the current state of the club!  Sad

At least supporting Swindon provides us with a stable club! :roll:

lebowski

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, November 1, 2005, 18:33:25 »

george burley is a good manager but is well known for walking out when the going is good.

i bet ipswich would take him back in an instant.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, November 2, 2005, 08:58:52 »

I've been reading through a few Hibs and Hearts message boards, really weird what's going on up there, not sure what the truth is.  Seems this Anderson fella fucked up the Ranieri appointment by not telling him how much Hearts were willing to pay him, which  made Romanov look a numpty when he went to meet Claudio - resulting in the boot for the Anderson guy.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 08:57:34 »

I heard on the news today that Romanov re-approached Burley 10 days AFTER he left!  :nuts:  Burley refused.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
fatbury

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 09:04:10 »

Cant beat a bit of Rixy!  
DMR

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, November 15, 2005, 09:17:44 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
The guy doesn't take any shit from the man.

First Derby now Hearts.

Perhaps he needs to learn to take it.... it's cost him 2 jobs in 2 years
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: