Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL  (Read 9229 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 12:22:14 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
I love it.  It's not on late though, they show a game at 6.00pm and the second one starts at 9.00pm. How early do you go to bed fatbury?Huh?

My team is the Cincinnati Bengals. (I just like the name and LOVE those tiger stripe helmets Oops  Oops ) I've followed them since the mid 80's when C4 started showing it and the afore mentioned Bears were ripping all and sundry to pieces (how times change).  The Bengals have been pretty much sucking ass since about 1990 so this season I'm getting rather excited as they are 5 and 1  :shock:

They're playing the Steelers at home this Sunday and it's being shown in Sky (that's at 6.00pm fats) Cool

It is a massive game which I am looking forward to very much indeed.

Given I'm currently living about 40 miles from Cincinnati, they are currently my NFL team too. I'm trying to get tickets for a game later this season, but good seats are like rocking horse shit and/or cost a small fortune. They have had a surprisingly good start to the season, hence the high demand for tickets. I record every game on DVR and slowly watch during the week.

Who's watching the baseball at the moment?

I really thought, before moving here, that Baseball was as dull as ditchwater. Then I reluctantly went to a game. I now love it. I watched the last game between the Astros and Cardinals on HDTV on a huge plasma screen at a friends house, and it was awesome. That home run in the top of the ninth was a cracker. Next game in the series is tonight in St Louis.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 12:25:45 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
OOh Shaun .. I can never catch the 6 o clock game as I tend to watch Spanish or Brazilian footy .. watch the 10 o clock game but it ends soooo late ... like 12:30 normally and Ill be up at 6 the next day

But I guess you are right .. it isnt that late .. just would be nicer if it were on during the day i guess  Cool

But remember most games on the east coast kick off at 1300 EST = 1800 UK, the west coast games kick off 1300 PST = 2100 UK.

That bloody baseball game finished at midnight EST = 0500 UK on Monday.
fatbury

NFL
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 12:31:08 »

Hows the baseball going .. Chicago White Sox I hear made the World Series .. who are they meeting?
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 12:32:17 »

I've not seen all the games, but they are tense affairs. The Astros are leading the Cardinals 3-2 at the moment. Game 6 tonight.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 12:37:47 »

I went to see the Broncos crush the Patriots (defending chanmpions) on Sunday. Broncos moved to 5-1 while Pats are 3-3 !

NMH

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fatbury

NFL
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 12:42:33 »

I watched the game Sunday between Buffalo Bills and New York Jets ... happy in the knowledge the Cowboys had gone to 4-2

Sky coverage is actually very good
Rich Pullen

NFL
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 12:55:14 »

I'm going to see New England Patriots Vs. Buffalo Bills in a few weeks.

Not a big fan of the sport... But looking forward to it.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 13:00:17 »

Oooh, I like this thread.

They showed the Astros v Cardinals game on NASAN last night.  A superb three run homer put the Astros 4-2 up and with one foot in the World Series when, in the 9th (final) inning, Pujol hit the mother of home runs with two men on base to win the game 5-4.  Superb.  Astros now go to St Louis tomorrow, 3-2 up in the best of 7 series.

I would love to go to an NFL game but as has been said, tickets are as rare as the perverbial hens' teeth.  Broncos v Patriots - what a great game to go to. I am envious :twisted: (as would Patriots v Bills)

Following American sport these days is miles better than it used to be because of t'internet.  You can go on fans' forums such as www.go-bengals.com.  It's funny how similar it can be to this one with your usual mix of otimists, pessimists, odd balls, piss taking 'official' match day threads, x player is crap no he's not he's brilliant type stuff.  This thread about one of the forum members getting shit faced in Jacksonville is quite amusing: http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=10305
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 13:09:02 »

And here he is!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/BengalBeotch/DSCF0306-2.jpg
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 13:11:50 »

They showed the Astros v Cardinals game on NASAN last night.  A superb three run homer put the Astros 4-2 up and with one foot in the World Series when, in the 9th (final) inning, Pujol hit the mother of home runs with two men on base to win the game 5-4.  Superb.  Astros now go to St Louis tomorrow, 3-2 up in the best of 7 series.

Starts 2005 EST tonight. I shall be watching
fatbury

NFL
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 13:16:00 »

I doubt it will be on channels in UK live ?
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 13:39:31 »

Don't think so Fats, couldn't find any reference to it on any UK Channels.
pumbaa

Fartmeister

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 13:41:21 »

Time for a TEF member to take on a similar 'challenge' at the next away game. Any takers?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
NFL
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 13:45:34 »

I think yeovil red would be ideal.
fatbury

NFL
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2005, 14:18:28 »

Quote from: "coxernator"
Don't think so Fats, couldn't find any reference to it on any UK Channels.

THAT SUCKS!

Still Ill prob be watching Anderlecht v Liverpool tonite .. come on the Belgians!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: