Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1pm, Old Town Co-Op, Wednesday....  (Read 4094 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:07:12 »

Go along and meet Iffy and our heroes, at the launch of the new STFC merchandise in the C0-Op.....they've a large screen showing  the highlights of our season so far...Yeovil and Forest games, also  available on VT.

Don't think there are any plans for anymore this season.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:08:46 »

Woo, the heady heights of Co-op, our lads will start getting too big for their boots soon. :|
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:11:01 »

I love that shop, used to go there all the time when I lived in Godwin Court.  Fruit and veg ain't that great in there though.
Asher

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:12:04 »

Dont knock it lads, you will see teh players doing this sort of thing more and more devlin said he wants us out and about more, I totally agree
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:12:46 »

That doesn't matter though Jan - the banana market is stronger over Oxford way. Wink
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:14:26 »

I wasn't knocking it Ash - I think it's a good idea, especially if the council are watching.
Asher

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:16:33 »

we need this whole town to get behind the club, wont happen but we need to eb in everyones faces!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:16:44 »

Quote from: "Asher"
Dont knock it lads, you will see teh players doing this sort of thing more and more devlin said he wants us out and about more, I totally agree

Quite right....the Co-Op recognise the importance to the community of STFC, and do a bit to back it....that's why if anyone is around there tomorrow they could be Loud and Proud and go and show their face.
mattboyslim

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:18:04 »

The Co-op's ace, as long as you don't mind queuing, the assisstants aren't the quickest of cats, even by supermarket standard (appologies if anyone from TEF is or has ever worked in the CO-OP).
fatbury

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:31:39 »

Highlights of our season .. anyone would think we were top not bottom of the league!! :-))(
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 14:56:00 »

Im sure Mex's sister used to work in there and let me have £50 worth of booze for a fiver once.Might have been someone else though.

/
W56196272
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 18:19:16 »

We have Scotmid up here and I am sure to be a 'check-out assistant' you need to have an A level in soap dodging.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 18:49:06 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Im sure Mex's sister used to work in there and let me have £50 worth of booze for a fiver once.Might have been someone else though.

Cheesy you and half of old town and lawn Cheesy
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 13:45:58 »

As I needed some Golden Syrup, I thought I would go to the Co-Op and see what was going on.

O'Hanlon arrived fairly early, with somebody who appeared to be his agent. Iffy, Pook and Bulman all arrived 'fashionably' late...with Iffy looking particularly cool in his baseball hat.  Cool

There was a buzz around Co-Op as the OAP's learned of the invasion of papparazzi... I was twice asked "who on earth are they, are they famous?". I also heard some old ladies moaning that some "yobs" are blocking the exit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/chrischadwick/DSCN0945.jpg

The Co-Op staff were asked to search the store for some young kids, they found one and gave him a shirt to wear (which they then took back off of him, once the photos had been done). He did get given a football to keep though, signed by Iffy and Co.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/chrischadwick/DSCN0946.jpg
As you can see, a huge crowd gathered to get a glimpse of our heros.  Wink

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v422/chrischadwick/DSCN0947.jpg
Sean and Matty leaving.

Can't have done any harm I suppose, there is a chance that kid will turn up with his dad for the next match...in which case it will be another £20 for the club.

I was particularly disappointed that I didnt see anybody that looks anything like how I imagine Reg to look, I had him down as a dead cert to be there. Sad
mattboyslim

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2005, 13:49:14 »

One of them is just the queue for the check out, did you get the golden syrup? What culinary delights will it be used for?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: