Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stratton Bank  (Read 3726 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 11:13:57 »

The idea as discussed last night was not to open it up for general use as such, but as a promotional thing to get school parties etc in but at minimal cost to the club (ie by fans doing the stewarding). As mattboyslim pointed out, if you open it up generally, you run the risk of diluting the Town End or just getting people from other areas of the ground rather than bringing new people in which would be the idea. But as an idea it's very much at its early stages - the club are already looking at a scheme along these lines so hopefully we can work with them to see if something like this would be feasible (and help make it feasible)
mattboyslim

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 11:17:34 »

That makes a lot more sense, try and use it as a breeding ground for future fans like the temporary stand at bournemouth.  As discussed at the forum a roof of sorts could be useful, as you can image a big school pary on there when it pissed down would be too clever.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 11:21:16 »

I'm up for turning the Bank into a breeding ground for new fans.....Birdy welcome to my yurt.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 11:25:10 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
That makes a lot more sense, try and use it as a breeding ground for future fans like the temporary stand at bournemouth.  As discussed at the forum a roof of sorts could be useful, as you can image a big school pary on there when it pissed down would be too clever.

That was discussed, the roof that is.  The early suggestions were for a stand run by the fans, so the fans takeover the running of th stand (get qualified stewards etc) and use it for targetted promotional activity.  The aim being to add to the current gates, bring a small amount of income in but essentially help promote the club and bring in a new generation of Nationwide/Town End/Arkells users.

People were not blind to the obstacles, but they are all passable, which would simply leave the club to nod or shake.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 11:31:49 »

use it as a breeding ground for future fans

I know it's childish but I couldn't help giggling at the mental image this gave me   We'd certainly get a lot more volunteers to help out tho!
mattboyslim

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 11:33:54 »

Well Paul it looks like you and reg, quite a pairing!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 11:37:47 »

Only if my lawyers draw up a pre nuptial contract.....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 12:04:28 »

I don't think anyone wants to see that - in fact we may be able to raise money for the club by getting people to pay for us not to do it. So how about it reggie-baby? I'm game!
Melksham Red

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:19:49 »

I like the idea of splitting the bank into two. The half nearest the North stand can be used every match for away fans at a reduced price. This would hopefully bring in more away support. The other half for home fans. I think this might generate a bit of much needed atmosphere with both sets of supporters that close together. A bit more noise in the ground might help entice a few back. It would certainly make it more exciting for the kids. They don't want to sit down bored shitless all game. I know when I was young the atmosphere probably enticed me more than the actual football did. The CG is just too depressing of late. People need to feel excited about going even when we're shit.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 13:22:14 »

I agree MR, I'm sure that some of the Hoddle games were poor, but the quality atmosphere being near the away fans in the Shrivvie Road more than made up for it!!!
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 14:49:51 »

I reckon we should have a TEF hospitality area....which would consist of a Glasto type shanty built to incorporate Mongolian yurts.....these could be strung along the back by the scoreboard ....to make it look a bit like Lord's.

Cool
Opening it up has got to be a good idea,the place is next to useless at the moment.The only time i've been in the Stratton Bank was when we played blackburn in the league cup in 95/96.When we went two nil up we stood on the chairs going ape Smiley .

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Nils

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 15:01:31 »

I thought that we werent allowed a roof cos of those houses at the back. And it would only be another worthless expense if that stand were to be pulled down in say 2 years time if we got the go ahead to re develop the ground.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 15:11:22 »

I thought that we werent allowed a roof cos of those houses at the back

I think thats true,if you want to stand on the stratton bank i think you are going to have to expect to get wet Smiley .Thus it will only be an option for the real hardcore i.e spencer, and the nostalgic i.e Reg Smiley .

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 11, 2005, 15:12:42 »

I'd go on the Bank!
larwood

Ignore