Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 8 defeats  (Read 5593 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 18:50:43 »

Officially Relegated.
stfc_08

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 20:14:05 »

We're not relegated yet..... lets hope a bit of luck goes our way. Don't lose hope yet, there's still a long way to go.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:22:02 »

Haven't seen enough of Swindon this season for a proper comment.

but......... from what I saw today, I don't feel we have enough quality in the side, and I can't see anyone from Fallon getting many goals at all.

It is going to be a long hard season, and we need to get some wins soon or the gap will get bigger and bigger and confidence lower and lower.

Div 4 looms (and I thought after 1986 I woud never see Swindon in that league again).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, October 8, 2005, 22:41:27 »

Quote from: "Tails"
I desperately hope we do improve as I don't wanna have to play teams like Rochdale next season (no disrespect to them). It will be the lowest division we've been in since I've been alive.

Its not so bad, but the only time we've been there, we had reasonably competitive sides.....don't think it will be the case this time.

If we can pay the CVA. (doubtful), then prepare for possible Conference football.
carloredder

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 9, 2005, 00:41:34 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
we're crap, I can't wait for Brentford.

I dont think we are actually too bad we are just unlucky, look at how many games we have lost by 1 goal. We could easily be sitting in mid table.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, October 9, 2005, 09:21:10 »

We've scored first now in the last three games and have lost.  If we were going to stand any chance of staying up  we should have at least ground out a draw at MK and a 1-0 win yesterday.

If we could go straight back up that would be fine but I can see us going straight through to t'Conference.

Of last season's relegated sides from div 3, Wrexham are the highest placed in 13th then Peterborough in 18th, Torquay in 20th and Stockport in 21st.

Very very sad.

FACT Oops
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, October 9, 2005, 09:32:12 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
We've scored first now in the last three games and have lost.  If we were going to stand any chance of staying up  we should have at least ground out a draw at MK and a 1-0 win yesterday.

If we could go straight back up that would be fine but I can see us going straight through to t'Conference.

Of last season's relegated sides from div 3, Wrexham are the highest placed in 13th then Peterborough in 18th, Torquay in 20th and Stockport in 21st.

Very very sad.

FACT Oops

You make a good point OST.....last season Wrexham weren't really a relegation side but only went because of the admin.

Now is the time to see a shake up in the Boardroom.....there has to be some accountancy for the currrent mess.....
Spencer_White

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, October 9, 2005, 10:33:02 »

A season this bad we really do have to watch we dont go down twice.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, October 9, 2005, 13:31:05 »

its always possible! with our finances its going to be hard to mount a promotion challenge next year in League 2 IF we are relegated. just look at Bristol Rovers ever since they went down. they have escaped the drop to the conference on two occasions and have yet to mount a promotion challenge and this is a team with an 8000 average attendance what hope is there for us with 4000?
fatbury

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 10, 2005, 09:48:50 »

Is 8 games our worst ever run of defeats??
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 10, 2005, 11:29:12 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
Is 8 games our worst ever run of defeats??

Yes, untill Saturday....then it will be 9.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 10, 2005, 11:49:03 »

Quote from: "carloredder"
Quote from: "sonicyouth"
we're crap, I can't wait for Brentford.

I dont think we are actually too bad we are just unlucky, look at how many games we have lost by 1 goal. We could easily be sitting in mid table.

It's not bad luck, we don't have a clue at the moment. Too many silly mistakes, stop playing at 1-0 up, no real quality and only 1 goal scorer.
fatbury

« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 10, 2005, 12:13:28 »

When was the previous worst run of defeats and did we go down those years? Does anyone know?
Britchy

« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 10, 2005, 13:40:48 »

We may be bottom but we are not where near relegated!!!

Bring on brentford is all i say we just need to work on killing teams off when we are 1 nil up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 10, 2005, 13:50:51 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
When was the previous worst run of defeats and did we go down those years? Does anyone know?

im not sure exactly but i wouldn't mind betting 99/00 was one of them and we all know what happened then
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: