Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Board Are Incompentant.  (Read 3145 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 18:35:38 »

From the TrustSTFC website:

"Minimum "break-even" gates have risen from 4500 two seasons ago, to 5500 last season, to 6900 this season. The large increase is to account for a shortfall in the budget due to a failure to adequately allow for VAT owed on income."

Presumably as we are often missing the 6900 breakeven figure this will rise yet again for next season to 7500+ and/or ticket prices going up to £25 on the day.

Am I the only one on this forum who has little faith in the current board of directors?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 18:48:41 »

well its not there fault really, cause putting down ticket prices won't do much, people pay it when we do well.  they are forced to do it, not like they want to.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 19:01:08 »

Quote from: "The Grim Reaper"
From the TrustSTFC website:

"Minimum "break-even" gates have risen from 4500 two seasons ago, to 5500 last season, to 6900 this season. The large increase is to account for a shortfall in the budget due to a failure to adequately allow for VAT owed on income."

Presumably as we are often missing the 6900 breakeven figure this will rise yet again for next season to 7500+ and/or ticket prices going up to £25 on the day.

Am I the only one on this forum who has little faith in the current board of directors?

Up to a point it is a worry how the current Board seem to be composed of non enteties, nevertheless they do represent the interests of SSW, who has put in 9 mill over the last few years to keep the club alive.

Also I'm sure SSW's appointments and Carson would happpily step aside if a more viable candidate came forward....so as I'm insufficiently minted  and know of only one person who is.....(he'd close the club down ) then we're stuck with it.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 19:07:34 »

If you've seen the accounts from a few years ago, the current board are doing a lot better, it's not perfect but better than no club at all. Do we really have any other choices at the moment?
bringbackshearer

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 19:42:47 »

If only we had a very rich person nearby such as James Dyson (oh, yes we have but he doesnt put any money in)
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 19:46:58 »

I agree the board have done a lot better in recent years due mainly to SSW.  However, how the fuck can you not adequately allow VAT!  If i did that i would lose my business!!!!!!!! :evil:

y wings are like a shield of steel!
bringbackshearer

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 19:49:28 »

Couldnt possibly comment !!!
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 20:55:26 »

What I find even more incompetent is that the rise in ticket prices and break even numbers have been attributed to a shortfall in VAT not paid on income.

Apparently the club projected the VAT amount required on previous years figures the difference coming from an oversight.

All I can say from reading the Trust sites report is what an almighty fuck up.  If you read my comments under Reg’s thread under club news, even with my Mickey Mouse accounting, which doesn’t look to be a patch on the clubs, that’s a ridiculous amount to overlook.

On top of that the fact the club are still yet to produce ANY accounts for a financial year when they have been in charge after all of the hot air over the DD/IB era it’s all a bit farcical.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 21:07:13 »

We've been promised an EGM early in 2005,  to see the accounts, if this isn't forthcoming then it may be necessary for interested parties to try and get a bit more accountbility.
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 12:35:24 »

I cant beleive they didnt buget for VAT.

And we have an accountant on the board?

For fucks sake, i'll rattle them out a spreadsheet that adds 17.5% to every sale if they find it that complicated!
Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 14:38:05 »

Surely this is very, very frightening. How can we let these bunch of baffons possibly run this club is hilarious. Or is it just another way to try and make an excuse for their over inflated prices
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: