Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Schumacher  (Read 3166 times)
Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 23:02:48 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Quote from: "Reeves4manager"
Very nice bloke I think.  It's not his fault he is supremely talented.  He is a very emotional man, and was deeply hurt after 9/11 and his own mother's death.  He is a very proud man, but even he could not hold back the tears on both occassions.  Not sure if I could bring myself to give that amount of money though!!

Changed your name again Brighton?

Yup, Fiisch was irritating the tits off me as I kept forgetting how it was spelt and Walrus is more apt, not that you'd know much about it....

Thankfully.....
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 23:34:40 »

fairplay to the german wurst-muncher
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 17:59:32 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
goofy teeth is it

Nah it's not even that interesting really.  Or funny.  We were stoned, and someone called me Paulrus Walrus (my name being Paul funnily enough) and it was so funny at the time it has kinda stuck.

You really wanted to know that, about as funny as death.  Sorry....  But had to dispell the goofy teeth rumours (though I did pre-braces...)!

:roll:
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 20:33:08 »

The man is a legend, dunno how anyone can deny that. As for the sticking a monkey in a ferrari fair enough, but you could put schumacher in most of the cars on the grid and he would still win. You can blame him for the sports downfall, blame the other teams for having shit cars and shit drivers!

Well played for donation £5 million too... probably more than the whole of america has donated!!!!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 20:52:51 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
you could put schumacher in most of the cars on the grid and he would still win.

Nah, I seriously doubt that he'd win the championship in any of the other cars. At the moment the ferraris are just far far better. Put him in an average car and he wouldn't win it like in 96, 97, 98. Barrichello has always been a very average driver but even he is good in a ferrari.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:06:33 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
you could put schumacher in most of the cars on the grid and he would still win.

Nah, I seriously doubt that he'd win the championship in any of the other cars. At the moment the ferraris are just far far better. Put him in an average car and he wouldn't win it like in 96, 97, 98. Barrichello has always been a very average driver but even he is good in a ferrari.

Have to say that's unfair.  Barrichello looked good in the Stewart-Ford, notably a second in Monaco a few years back.  Also, do not forget when Schumacher joined Ferrari they were a very average team with their previous drivers of Alesi and Berger.  They'd often finish in the points, but podiums were reasonably rare.  Brawn, Schumacher and Todt most notably have helped build the team to its current standard.

Schumacher also won the championship at Benneton (twice?) and look where they are now....!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:21:16 »

Barrichello is nothing special, took him ages even to win a race in a ferrari.

Yes when Schumacher joined they were average and he didn't win, since then they have spent billions and thats why they're so good.

Remember when Schumacher broke his legs in 99. Fucking eddie Irvine came within one race of winning the championship, Irvine was shite! And ferrari have far more of an advantage now than they did then.

When Schumacher was at Bennetton they were one of the very best teams, had the best renault engine etc. then renault left the sport, benetton stopped putting any money in and they quit.

Schumacher has never won a championship when not driving the best or very nearly the best car. '94 was his best win and that was only through cheating.
Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:26:22 »

Fuck off
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:29:58 »

It's the truth.
Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:31:45 »

It's the truth.

English prats really do amaze me they will do anything not to give German's any credit. All over a war
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:34:46 »

It makes no difference what nationality he is. He could be from anywhere in the world and I'd still hate him for what he's done to the sport - even England.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:36:34 »

J1mmy behave don't make everything racial.  Schumacher is hated because he's German, but he's also hated as some people think he's ingeniune, because he has dominated a sport (which people never like), because he has sometimes come across as an arrogant twat and because the Villeneurve incident in 1997 was embarrassing to F1.  The Schumacher talent debate is interesting, as obviously he is the most successful F1 driver ever, but put him in an equal car up against F1 all time greats and it'd be interesting who'd come out on top.  You cannot fault his determination and effort, and he does well in the rain, which they claim to be a great leveller.

The problem is, F1 is a team game now, so its hard to credit the drivers without knowing how good their package is  Wink

P.S.:  It was two wars.
Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:43:12 »

J1mmy behave don't make everything racial.  Schumacher is hated because he's German, but he's also hated as some people think he's ingeniune, because he has dominated a sport (which people never like), because he has sometimes come across as an arrogant twat and because the Villeneurve incident in 1997 was embarrassing to F1.  The Schumacher talent debate is interesting, as obviously he is the most successful F1 driver ever, but put him in an equal car up against F1 all time greats and it'd be interesting who'd come out on top.  You cannot fault his determination and effort, and he does well in the rain, which they claim to be a great leveller.

The problem is, F1 is a team game now, so its hard to credit the drivers without knowing how good their package is  Wink

I'm not going to get intoa  debate about wars again. British boys are still giving their life's now for when America saved you
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:43:38 »

Good post, yeah I hate him for all those reasons and more. The secret to his success is his manager Willi Weber, managed to get him all the right breaks at the right times, the right cars, the right sponsors, people to invest the money in his success, he couldn't really fail.

The villeneuve incident has to rate as one of the greatest all time moments in the sport though just because of how it turned out.
Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 21:46:17 »

So Henry wouldn't be as good at another team like Coventry as he is at Arsenal?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: