Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Never a goal  (Read 5744 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 14:26:12 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
This anti Man Utd stuff is getting really boring, the fact is goals have not been given in the passed, remember Chesterfield's goal against Boro in the semi of the cup?  It was a mistake by the ref/line-o, not a pro Boro ref, just a mistake.  Football's full of them, get used to it.

It's a lot easier to judge when the ball goes straight in rather than off the crossbar.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 14:33:57 »

Bird's comments were anti-utd.  From where that linesman was half way up the pitch, it's a possibilty that he wasn't sure if the ball had crossed the line, are we saying that goals should be given if the line-o thinks a goal has been scored?

My comments are not anti English just an observation.  It's like when Rooney does something from Aug to May, everyone jumps on his back about it, then as soon as an England international comes round everyone thinks he's a God.  Just wish footie fans were a little bit level minded.  As for Geoff made sure of victory, that's a poor argument, would the gerries have been all out going for a goal if it was still 2-2??  We'll never know.

Mistakes happen in football, last night, and the Boro match highlight this.  

If we were playing Oxford and something like that happen (against them) none of us would be complaining, it's a case of swings and roundabouts, what goes around comes around.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 14:39:35 »

I agree with your sentiments but with the amount of money around in football now, a goal like that could affect the outcome of a season for a club and it could mean the difference between million's of pounds income or shortfall. Sad, I know, but that's how football is now.

I think it should only be used in circumstances like that where none of the officials were anywhere near a position where they would be able to judge what happened without the aid of technology and the fourth official. You can't deny that if technology was used to determine whether it was a goal or not, it would have taken about five seconds and the outcome would have almost definitely been a goal.
Amir

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 14:57:01 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
that's a poor argument

I know, but we would've won on penalties :|
Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 17:57:58 »

If anyone wants proof England didn't win it '66 i'll send you the DVD
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 18:52:02 »

it was an obvious goal, lino couldn't see it properly so couldn't give it. happens in football, thatats what makes it exciting at times. its as simple as.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 20:23:58 »

For those that haven't seen it:

http://irishdaedalus.giaicomm.com/carroll.gif
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 20:28:22 »

A great goal. I think Man Utd should be docked 10 points and spurs should get an extra 10 points, it is only fair.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 20:37:36 »

Here's some alternative footage of the incident. Cheesy

http://mat.rubberfeet.org/stuff/manure.gif
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 6, 2005, 16:31:25 »

what!?  Soapy Tit Wank
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 11:41:29 »

Have to say that if it had happened at Swindon vs Bradford would anybody have cared beyond the fans of those two clubs? No. But because it was a premiership team that means that the rules are different and that it is more important.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 12:11:45 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Have to say that if it had happened at Swindon vs Bradford would anybody have cared beyond the fans of those two clubs? No. But because it was a premiership team that means that the rules are different and that it is more important.
Exactly. The Premiership is more important than League 1. There are millions of pounds at stake with every poor decision.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 13:03:02 »

Man Utd deserved at least a point they were the better of the two teams. It was a lucky goal that was unlucky to be given. If Spurs had scored it would have been amusing especially for those (me included) who don't like Man U. However, if it had been given I'm sure many people would feel they had been robbed of a point.
Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 9, 2005, 22:49:28 »

Must say what a fantastic league the Premier league when the top teams cant afford a draw let alone a loss!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: