Poll
Question: Do you have confidence in the present ownership of STFC?
Yes - 7 (5.7%)
No - 115 (94.3%)
Total Voters: 122

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Confidence vote  (Read 4144 times)
4D
That was definately my last game, honest

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 10:46:31 »

Thing is Batch, this isn't a lull or a one off. We are dropping like a stone, as a team and as a club.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 10:50:15 »

I can only assume the 3 people who voted yes accidently hit the wrong button.

Or they are Boo, Ben Sharp and Gareth Gillman.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 10:50:28 »

I'd like to see the Adver put something like this up  Wink
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 10:51:58 »

I'd like to see the Adver put something like this up  Wink

It would probably be 50/50.

In the stadium itself, it would probably favour Clem in. This is why a protest will never work.

The passionate fans who want change have already stopped going.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 10:54:25 »

I didn't vote yes, but I think the only real remaining "pro" argument is a better the devil you know argument. Our last three ownership changes have been late-stage Andrew Black fire sale to Jed McCrory, to Lee Power, to Clem. None of those have exactly been unmitigated successes. For those comparing Clem to Power directly, he's clearly someone who is more interested in being liked and is willing to at least try to make a positive impression on the fans. And Clem did make a positive first impression - and for some people the first impression lasts a long time. There have been successes under Clem too - the stadium is a big thing, obviously if you're into the detail you can see that this largely happened "under" Clem rather than because of Clem, but not everyone is into the legal detail of the joint venture and Eady funding!

That said, there were people out there batting for Power until the very end as well.

I don't think these are particularly strong arguments, but I think I can see a "there is nobody else, don't piss off the only guy keeping us going" pitch.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 10:59:09 »

You can still have no confidence even if you feel it's 'better the devil you know'
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 11:07:26 »

It was better under Power though?

Am I genuinely mad for saying that?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 11:20:38 »

You're not mad. Under Power we weren't toeing the dotted line of doom in L2. I think the tricker question is where would we have been today if Power stayed? Or if the club was sold to Able? I don't think anybody except perhaps Power himself could answer that question, but I'm not confident we'd have been better off than we are now.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 12:07:25 »

Thing is Batch, this isn't a lull or a one off. We are dropping like a stone, as a team and as a club.
For clarity I'm done with this lot. I'm just interested in how much this poll is representative, and how volatile opinion equates to league position
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 12:12:01 »

Absolutely no confidence in the ownership, whether its pathetic business acumen, financial negligence, business incompetance or well hidden downright illicit activites.

At times I have genuinely wondered if we may be better off with Power in charge, then I slap myself and yet I still cannot cast off that feeling, at least we would be better off footballing wise I am sure.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Jericho

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 12:14:32 »

In a lot of ways it was better under Power. We never really threatened going all the way down to non-league and majority of the time we had footballing people in footballing roles at the club.

It feels a lot more like pure mismanagement and incompetency under this regime, Morfuni is so obviously out of his depth and it's a mystery what he's actually getting out of this. Club needs a hard reset and a fresh start.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 12:22:53 »

I didn't vote yes, but I think the only real remaining "pro" argument is a better the devil you know argument.

It is.

Personally I can't see anything other than non league at some point soon. For that reason it holds no weight for me as we are doomed without change anyway.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 13:20:44 »

I've following Swindon for years and we've always struggled with consistency. Well now we're consistantly shit. Easily the worst we have ever been and seemingly getting worse year by year. That is Clem's legacy.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 13:46:37 »

The only difference between Power and Clem is that Power was sensible enough to have football people in charge and making decisions, even he was a football person there is no denying that.

Both have inadequate funds, both have undesirables and shisters hanging around extracting what they can and both are carrying out shady practices in an attempt to prolong their ownership/dictatorship of the club.

The "football people" is really the only difference between the two.  So based on that, Power is the preferable owner because although it is still a shit show in the background, it is a shit show that has football people employed which therefore makes the product on the pitch more likely to be successful, which is the only thing that the majority of us care about.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, October 4, 2024, 14:18:50 »

Agree with Berni, although the more it goes on the more I think it’s not Clem, just a front for someone else
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: