Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe Vs Swindon  (Read 10190 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 13:45:05 »

Ultimately the way to get Clem out is the exact same way Clem got Power out.
What, by screwing the fans and the club for every penny they can ? ,  they’re already doing that.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 15:01:22 »

I think 3 games in is too early to be sure where we are at too tbh.

But it's fair to say that the first 4 games are a bag of shite in the main. And it's fair to say if things don't improve we could be in the shit.

Teams do start poorly and go up.
Teams do start well and go down.
Teams do start poorly and go down too
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 15:06:57 »

It does appear the club is on a downward spiral with the elusive Ozzie at the helm.

You just gotta keep livin man!
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 16:31:07 »

Why do we need to wait 10 games into the season for them to gel together

95% of yesterday's team were in early so had virtually a whole pre-season to gel, that's what pre season and friendlies are for.

By your logic we should ditch the friendlies and just start off with the first league game of the season.

The abysmal performances ate either down to...

Poor players - looking whose come in unlikely
Although Cotterill and Frecklington di look out of their depth at times and not ready just yet.
Formation and tactics - More than likely- players looking unsure of how to play the tactics

At Crewe the defence did look more solid but there were still to many last ditch tackles due the midfield and wingbacks not tracking back as a wing back that is part of your job...

The midfield is so weak , players playing out of position or just not good enough?

Last week of the window will be key , untried youngsters us not the answer

Not saying it'll take 10 games to gel, as I can see a little bit of improvement from where they started already, so to see where we're at, at that.

Ok, but friendlies are a hotch potch at the best of times, and as we've seen, the manager, especially a new one,  being away for periods of time will have an impact, regardless.

Look, I'm not saying it's great but the reaction has been OTT given these circumstances.

I agree with Cotterill and Freckleton, the latter surely wasn't signed to be a starter, but here were are. With others still to return and come in, I'm fairly positive that things will pick up, but will reassess come another 7-10 games.
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, August 25, 2024, 16:41:14 »

Why do we need to wait 10 games into the season for them to gel together

95% of yesterday's team were in early so had virtually a whole pre-season to gel, that's what pre season and friendlies are for.

By your logic we should ditch the friendlies and just start off with the first league game of the season.

The abysmal performances ate either down to...

Poor players - looking whose come in unlikely
Although Cotterill and Frecklington di look out of their depth at times and not ready just yet.
Formation and tactics - More than likely- players looking unsure of how to play the tactics

At Crewe the defence did look more solid but there were still to many last ditch tackles due the midfield and wingbacks not tracking back as a wing back that is part of your job...

The midfield is so weak , players playing out of position or just not good enough?

Last week of the window will be key , untried youngsters us not the answer

In answer to your question: because there isn’t a better alternative - so probably best to back the team to improve.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #215 on: Monday, August 26, 2024, 10:48:46 »

Lumping Freckleton in with Cotterill is madness. Freckleton has been ok to pretty good, Cotterill is utter garbage.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, August 26, 2024, 11:05:37 »

Yeah Freckleton was brought in to be left sided centre half cover and is pretty good for that role. Delaney when fit will take over.

Cotterill was seemingly brought in as the starting six if they couldn't get Bostock and is just nowhere near
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, August 26, 2024, 11:12:55 »

The reaction has not been OTT in my mind, if anything it remains a bit muted still.  This is Division fucking four people.  I am not saying we should win every game, but we should look like a team that other clubs would be worried about playing, a team intent on competing right at the top.  We look like also rans, because we are at the moment and have been for a while.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, August 26, 2024, 11:47:24 »

I've not been impressed by Freckleton so far.
In my mind not an upgrade on any of last season's record breaking defence.
If Minturn isn't being selected ahead of him it doesn't say much for how he's going to be allowed to develop under this
management team.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #219 on: Monday, August 26, 2024, 12:57:30 »

Fotmob has Freckleton as our best player so far, WhoScored have him second after Smith

https://www.fotmob.com/en-GB/teams/9795/stats/swindon-town
https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/9/Seasons/10344/Stages/23429/PlayerStatistics/England-League-Two-2024-2025
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, August 26, 2024, 17:39:22 »

Wow! However these ratings are done they seem to be seeing things that most here aren't. He was MotM Vs Chesterfield and out top rated Vs Crewe but polled 1 and 3 votes respectively on the MotM voting here.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, August 26, 2024, 18:33:04 »

Small sample size by Freckleton has seemed solid & unspectacular to me. Almost unnoticeable in way (which is kinda good for a defender)

I won’t be jumping up & down and suggesting he’s a must sign player but similarly I’m not going to be raging if Kennedy keeps picking him.

Not our biggest issue by far
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, August 26, 2024, 18:48:56 »

I've not been impressed by Freckleton so far.
In my mind not an upgrade on any of last season's record breaking defence.
If Minturn isn't being selected ahead of him it doesn't say much for how he's going to be allowed to develop under this
management team.

I mean to be fair, he's going to play ahead of Minturn because he's left footed. And he's playing left sided centre back.

Minturn is trying to take Hall or Wright's place. Which isn't realistically going to happen unless injuries or suspensions happen.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2024, 09:27:38 »

Not our biggest issue by far
This.

Creativity and passing are way bigger issues.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Boydy

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2024, 10:34:02 »

I mean to be fair, he's going to play ahead of Minturn because he's left footed. And he's playing left sided centre back.

Minturn is trying to take Hall or Wright's place. Which isn't realistically going to happen unless injuries or suspensions happen.

Looking at Hall's record I'm pleasantly surprised the injury hasn't already happened.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: