Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: L2 transphers  (Read 24973 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 09:08:02 »

Missed a sitter in the 1st leg at home, would have put us
 3-1 up
Crap headed in the second leg from 6 yards too
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 10:26:57 »

Agreed, didnt rate him at all.

He wasn’t very good.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 10:35:05 »

I liked Davison. We ran him into the ground.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
GTXMagnatec

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 11:01:17 »

Davison was 'alright', a typical League Two forward who will work hard for the team and get the odd goal now and then.  I liked him but found him frustrating at times.  I just don't think he is a player you can build your attack around and flog him into the ground (like we done in 21/22) but saying that, could be part of a squad as a 3rd striker that could potentially get promotion from the 4th tier.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 11:02:52 »

I liked him too, good goals return and assist return.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 11:08:59 »

Davison was 'alright', a typical League Two forward who will work hard for the team and get the odd goal now and then.  I liked him but found him frustrating at times.  I just don't think he is a player you can build your attack around and flog him into the ground (like we done in 21/22) but saying that, could be part of a squad as a 3rd striker that could potentially get promotion from the 4th tier.

That's it. He wasn't brilliant, he wasn't shit. He was a decent L2 player that tried hard, and for some reason (well, finances) we made him the only out and out forward in our squad. His backup was Harry Parsons, so he got run into the ground and it showed towards EOS. I wish him well, but I can't say I'm keen to have him back either.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 11:10:03 »

Nowt wrong with Davison. Honest,hard working and his goal return was as good as Simpson's

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 11:55:21 »

Yeah, Davison did alright.
Not his fault that he had to play every minute.
Tried his best.

Suspect that Drinan will similarly divide opinion this season.

My mind it ain't so open
That anything could crawl right in
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 12:05:09 »

Same category as Norris for me. A decent League Two striker with enough hold up/link up play to be an asset to a teams with good forward talent but not enough ability on his own to build around.

I liked him and would have liked him a lot more if he didn’t have to be run into the ground due to poor squad depth. I think one of him/Drinan is a good option to have in a squad with more clinical strikers.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 12:30:10 »

At times we underestimate the value of having someone up front who can get and hold the ball up to move us up the pitch when we’re trying to hang on to a lead or point and under pressure late on. At times last season, when we were under pressure the ball was cleared and came straight back. Both Davison and Simpson in 21/22 and Drinnan last season give us that.
Davison did ok for us, but badly needed a rest towards the end of that 21/22 season because we had no real rotation option for him.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 12:56:32 »

Davison was good for us - you’re a fool if you can’t see that.

His career post Swindon leans towards indicating that was a purple patch though, so I wouldn’t be clamouring for a return…
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 13:13:48 »

These responses ref Davison just sum up where we are as a Club right now.
Debating whether a striker that is unable to cut it in the basement was a good player for us.
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #87 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 13:24:19 »

Debating whether a striker that is unable to cut it in the basement was a good player for us.
Absolutely.

Davison did ok for us (just ok, he could have done way better), got a few goals, but I personally didnt rate him, he complimented the players at that time, and, I am glad we didnt sign him as I don't he would have improved if we did sign him, and he has done very little since, I feel we were right in not signing him.

Another very limit striker like a long list ahead of him, Norris, RHM, Delfouneso, Hylton, Woolery etc etc, all gave their best but none excelled and TBH none were particularly a loss when they left.

Just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 13:56:55 »

Scoring 9 in 21 games is indeed a good return.
He was good for us - no matter where the club is at - 9 goals in 21 is a decent strike rate. That’s 20 over a season. We’d take that. Most teams would…

Sure, in hindsight and 2 years down the road his career hasn’t taken off at all but that still doesn’t change the fact he was decent for us.

Dan Kemp was great for us but couldn’t cut in the basement with Franchise but you’d have taken him back…
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Thursday, June 20, 2024, 14:02:28 »

Dan Kemp was great for us but couldn’t cut in the basement with Franchise but you’d have taken him back…
Totally different, everyone could see that kemp was real quality for us, not even in the same ballpark as Davison, scoring goals does not make someone a good player.

I bet if you look back the same people that wanted us to sign Davison back then are the same people who rate him now and visaversa, Davison did a decent job but never really impressed at this level and hasnt done since either.

Like comparing apples to horses.

Anyway he hasnt signed for us so its irrelevent anyway.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: