Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Morecambe pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 13687 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:37:43 »

Piss stains in the PO. Look forward to them bottling it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:37:48 »

I actually do agree with this. Unsure if it’s people talking a big game over social media or just apathy to be honest though.

If you are apathetic,surely that means you're not bothered enough to go on sm

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:39:50 »

Social media post takes mere seconds. Even those pretty apathetic can probably commit to that, as opposed to a protest or voicing their anger at the game
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:40:42 »

Piss stains in the PO. Look forward to them bottling it.

Posh like scoring goals Cheesy

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:41:04 »

Posh like scoring goals Cheesy
They do indeed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:42:06 »

I actually do agree with this. Unsure if it’s people talking a big game over social media or just apathy to be honest though.

It’s both.
The fanbase is split.
There will be a lot of people who only care about the football and live in hope new players will change on the pitch fortunes.
There will be older fans who don’t use social media and will probably have never heard of Zav Austin or Adam Hart let alone their criminal back grounds.
There will be apathetic fans who don’t see an alternative (in real life akin to hating your job but not being able to find a better one)
There will be fans who due to results have stopped going
There will be fans who due to the owners and gang have stopped going

There is absolutely nothing to unite these people. Nothing.
What these people need, what we all need (but won’t get) is an alternative, a proper alternative. I know business business nda’s professional blah blah blah bollocks crap but we need an alternative and that alternative needs to make himself know and get the fans to unite behind them by proving they can and will do better - until that happens (and the cynic in me thinks it won’t ever happen) we are just drifting slowly towards death and to be perfectly fucking honest - if there isn’t an alternative there to buy the club I’d rather we just cut the slow & painfully and just get straight to death and get this over and done with.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:42:33 »

Fans will make enough noise when it’s too late. Those unhappy enough have mostly stopped going, those that remain are either content enough with something to do on a Saturday that they’ll always go or apathetic enough to just bare it.

Those left who are attending and attempting to make noise about discontent are facing a tough ask with that in mind.

Standards as a club and a fanbase are at rock bottom. Too often this season,  there’s been an unacceptable performance that’s been met with reviews of “that was alright”, it’s a steady slide over the past few years. First it was aims of auto’s being reduced to “I’d take play offs”, then it was “hopefully we’ll challenge for play offs”, now we’re at a point where as early as pre Jan, seasons are as good as written off. It’ll continue in this manner without full change throughout the club structure.

Thats a fairly direct post and I’m happy for people to disagree but that’s the main issue for me, break it down to basics and the standards of this club and fanbase need rebuilding because they’re in the gutter at the minute.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:44:35 »

Today was the day to vent anger but it never happened.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:45:39 »

Ive been to 4 games at home all year despite a season ticket but still post. I’d say I’m apathetic ?
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 16:55:59 »

Hopefully people vote with their ST renewals- giving them cash is just going to extend this miserable regimes reign
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:05:48 »

There was a lot of booing in the Arkells where I was sat, but it was never prolonged. I booed at the end. Town End was dreadful quiet. Understandable I guess but I was hoping for some anti Clem chants or the classic, we want our Swindon back.

I won’t be renewing. Made my mind up a few months back.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:09:54 by iParadise » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:07:46 »

Ive been to 4 games at home all year despite a season ticket but still post. I’d say I’m apathetic ?

Yes but you’re not on here posting ‘Clem’s a cunt’ and ‘the clubs gonna die because of all you happy clappers’
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:12:13 »

Not renewing after nearly 40 years
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:19:58 »

Hopefully people vote with their ST renewals- giving them cash is just going to extend this miserable regimes reign

…but will not giving them cash force their hand?
…or will we just see more cut backs, more director loans, more debt that the gang will want back from a sale thus technically putting the wanted price for the club up
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, April 27, 2024, 17:22:06 »

…but will not giving them cash force their hand?
…or will we just see more cut backs, more director loans, more debt that the gang will want back from a sale thus technically putting the wanted price for the club up

It may well force them- reduced cashflow may force a sale. They’ve taken the fans for granted for too long they are completely delusional
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: