Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Barrow vs Swindon - Build up & Match day  (Read 9437 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 16:08:10 »

When we had 5.5k season ticket holders, we got around 3.5k walk ups, when we averaged 9k a couple of seasons ago. 3.5k season tickets plus an estimated 2.5k walk ups next season will hurt.

My point exactly.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, April 7, 2024, 18:18:31 »

When we had 5.5k season ticket holders, we got around 3.5k walk ups, when we averaged 9k a couple of seasons ago. 3.5k season tickets plus an estimated 2.5k walk ups next season will hurt.

In the unlikely event that they build a successful team the walk ups will increase significantly
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 07:50:56 »

Yes. That's amazing,considering most people said "who's going to want to come here?"

A few of these posts from you, really weird. Saw this from a bloke on Twitter and found it just as weird - thought deans reply was bang on. https://x.com/deanmcmackin/status/1776690385311486272?s=46&t=ogDLXJ96cK_WBQahaJzdyg

If everyone wanted to act like an infant in play ground, I’m sure it could be flipped with people saying “told you so” about clem and his mates being wronguns. We’ve signed 3/4 players because of who the agent is (all have same agent) and the fact they aren’t taking fees, not because of the player, on track for one of our worst ever finishes in our existence. Forgive people for not giving a flying fuck and being very anti/negative to what this club is producing.

Fucking about with HMRC, under transfer embargo all season, selling shares, holding other clubs money, late payment of wages, unknown Karachi super football project….. and an ultimate puppet company man for manager. Clubs still a horrible fucking mess and without being or sounding ITK, I reckon the stuff out in open is tip of the iceberg. Have become very numb to it and don’t even pay attention to what happens on a Saturday now but bottom line we all want this club to find success on/off the pitch.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 08:11:06 »

Food and drink festival in town so this is the third game in a row I'm missing. Quite a few of the 'London Reds' are making a day/weekend of it up north today.

Think we might get walloped today.

I think I have unlocked the key to our future good results Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 08:43:35 »

A few of these posts from you, really weird. Saw this from a bloke on Twitter and found it just as weird - thought deans reply was bang on. https://x.com/deanmcmackin/status/1776690385311486272?s=46&t=ogDLXJ96cK_WBQahaJzdyg

If everyone wanted to act like an infant in play ground, I’m sure it could be flipped with people saying “told you so” about clem and his mates being wronguns. We’ve signed 3/4 players because of who the agent is (all have same agent) and the fact they aren’t taking fees, not because of the player, on track for one of our worst ever finishes in our existence. Forgive people for not giving a flying fuck and being very anti/negative to what this club is producing.

Fucking about with HMRC, under transfer embargo all season, selling shares, holding other clubs money, late payment of wages, unknown Karachi super football project….. and an ultimate puppet company man for manager. Clubs still a horrible fucking mess and without being or sounding ITK, I reckon the stuff out in open is tip of the iceberg. Have become very numb to it and don’t even pay attention to what happens on a Saturday now but bottom line we all want this club to find success on/off the pitch.
To be fair,none of my posts are similar to the one Dean replied to. I nor any Town fans want to see us relegated and many,certainly including me, want to see a change of regime. I have defended the team(not club) on many occasions and have been also highly critical (especially having witnessed an abject performance on Easter Monday and the latter days of Flynn)The truth is that even in the darkest times there are positives. It's not the first time we've signed a couple of diamonds when no one else wanted them and we seem to have got ourselves a decent coach when people did indeed say we'd never get anyone decent to come here. You say "weird",fair enough. I say "realistic"
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 9, 2024, 12:40:58 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 08:45:03 »

I heard about this as well and it makes you wonder 'what's in it for the agents' that we seem to get multiple players from the same agency, especially fee free. I've no real problem with it if the players are good and work out (Drinan and Glatzel seem like great pickups) but from a football plan standpoint it makes you wonder why it's done. Sadly, it could very well be a brilliant piece of business by the club, but given the murky people in the background, the spidey senses tingle.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #231 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 10:03:54 »

I will praise the team when I think they deserve it, Saturday they deserved a fair amount of praise but away at Sutton is up there with the worst performances I have ever seen from a Swindon side, ever.

Theres no doubt some players are decent and will go onto bigger better things but for me the biggest thing is we won despite Gunnings tactics IMO not because of them. Maybe thats down to Shans input?

A good manager with tactical nous and man management can get a song from this team for sure, this league is at times this season utterly woeful and it only takes a bang average side consistantly to be around the play offs, thats what pisses me off so much as we could easily be up there even with this side but with better management and tactics.

Its no coincidence that we looked better on Saturday because we emplyed a proper defensive midfielder in Ofoborh who isnt afraid of a tackle and not the weak lightweight Devoy, who quite frankly is not up to the job at this level.

That in turn gave McEachran a bit more freedom to not have to worry so much about defending which brought more out of his game. Also we have all been shouting for Cain to start and he too was pretty solid in the middle.

Interesting how we played a proper midfield 3 for the 1st time under Gunning and lo and behold we won.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 10:16:19 »

I just watched the extended highlights

Town could have been 2 down after 15 minutes.

Currently, a win at Barrow is a bonus... but surely this simply shows how poor our expectations have now gotten ?

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 10:59:52 »

The boys deserved some credit.

Rode our luck early doors....no professional footballer should be kicking an air shot but we got away with it. Drinan was a little unlucky with his touch before that and he/we might of scored before that error.

Looked alot more solid in Midfield Ofoborh was superb throughout.

We were not scared of clearing it at the end and we might of nabbed another.

50 points and the squeaks have subsided, pleased we did it ourselves (over the 47) and didnt rely on those below us not getting enough.

This is the worst season ever, neverthless.

Celebrating winning at Barrow, a win on a Saturday, the third away win of the season and calculating if Sutton and Forest Gump can catch us.....fucking woeful.

Big clear out required and we go again next season....im very concerned.

However.....

Well done for Saturday lads....you deserved it!

Clems Army!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 11:00:22 »

I heard about this as well and it makes you wonder 'what's in it for the agents' that we seem to get multiple players from the same agency, especially fee free. I've no real problem with it if the players are good and work out (Drinan and Glatzel seem like great pickups) but from a football plan standpoint it makes you wonder why it's done. Sadly, it could very well be a brilliant piece of business by the club, but given the murky people in the background, the spidey senses tingle.

The old saying that there is no such thing as a free lunch is 100% true. We may not be paying any agents fees but then again we’ve not sold the players for a profit, yet 😉

#undisclosedfee
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 11:37:43 »

The difference to me between this game and a lot of others was that I could see shape to the team and patterns in our play.

Yes defensively we were shaky early on. So were Barrow.

I'm not claiming anything like having turned a corner, but it was the best performance in a long while.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 11:40:10 »

The difference to me between this game and a lot of others was that I could see shape to the team and patterns in our play.

Yes defensively we were shaky early on. So were Barrow.

I'm not claiming anything like having turned a corner, but it was the best performance in a long while.

Interesting phrase, turn a corner. If indeed we have, we’ve only a very, very short window to see it or enjoy it. As we’re all aware the team starting in August is going to be very different and we have to start all over again.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 11:52:36 »

Always the biggest fuckwits calling the negative ones morons. Who wanted to see us relegated? What a clown.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 12:05:47 »

Interesting phrase, turn a corner. If indeed we have, we’ve only a very, very short window to see it or enjoy it. As we’re all aware the team starting in August is going to be very different and we have to start all over again.

You are probably right. I live in hope of the management learning what is required/the approach rather than the (likely) doing the same thing all over again..
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, April 8, 2024, 12:05:58 »

Which agent/agency is this mate?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: