Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Doncaster Rovers pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 10427 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 11:20:43 »

I am sure he just has a bag full of players names and picks them out randomly before games.

I reckon they use that little orange lotto ball dispenser thingy
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 12:35:47 »

Havent read back and im not going to....

There are no words....none...

Fuck this Club, they deserve me or any of us this season.....

Clems Army!
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 12:37:03 »

Likewise, didn’t bother going or following closely online yesterday. Have zero interest in the rest of this season.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 12:43:12 »

Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 15:07:47 »

Salford 2 up this afternoon v Morecambe
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 15:24:18 »

Equaling us on points then. They'll finish above us.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, March 17, 2024, 15:48:23 »

As you say,  they deserve you.  You were made for each other, freeloader.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 12:34:48 »

I liked the reasoning the taking the captains armband away from Blake Tracey - Bycroft had been low on confidence and needed a boost so he made him captain

Its not as if Bycroft is a keeper that talks or commands his area, I'm sure that really inspired his performance being captain for the day

So now its rotating the armband to someone that needs a boost - who's turn next ? lets rotate the armband - are there any rules that says your captain has to be on the pitch ?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 12:52:41 »

Its just further evidence, as if we needed any, that Gunning is not fit to be the head coach.

The real question is why he stripped FBT of it. Its not hard to address that question either, you say something like FBT's performances have not been upto his normal high standard, in order to focus on his own game, we decided to pass the captains duty on to someone else in the short term. Add some courtesies about FBT's ability, with or without the armband he is a key leader to the team etc etc etc.

But nope Gunning has no brain, only decides to devalue the captaincy by suggesting it can be passed around to help people on low confidence, great idea!

Like a lot of players FBT's form has fallen off this season. I still think we would struggle to get many a better player than him, but can't help but think he will move on in the summer now. Which is a shame as if you believe him he chose to come here, above other clubs paying more money, as the club felt like a proper club with a good number of fans. We seem to have crushed his enthusiasm along with everyone else involved at the club.

Anyway get Gunning out!!!!! Who the hell is even at the games to feed this back to Clem anymore.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 13:16:30 »

I'm sure Clem watches the game on ifollow - I expect he and Anthony discuss the games with their vast football knowledge and agree that Mad Gav is doing a great job but would be better next season with him own players and a smaller budget
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 13:17:48 »

Here’s something to ponder. Mid March. Unlikely we’re going down 🤞 certainly not going up. What would you be thinking if you’re a player whose contract is up end of June or there’s an extension for you or the club to trigger?

Throw in the added murkiness of agents allegiance to individuals attached to the clubs owners, wether by share ownership, ‘undeclared’ monies lent or declared, firm handshake agreements to be honoured even.

The club is at best in a state of flux or at worst on the verge of collapse. No one really knows outside this inner circle of smoke and mirrors.

As player x what would you be thinking? How can you apply and motivate yourself between now and the end of the season. No wonder the results and performances have been as bad as they are. Can any fan honestly see it getting any better before the season finishes?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 13:20:49 »

The alternative view is that those who have the ability to leave in the summer should be working their arse of to make sure they have options - countering the ones that are trapped here and on the beach.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 13:23:48 »

Here’s something to ponder. Mid March. Unlikely we’re going down 🤞

I previously thought that, but honestly not so sure. Notts County on good Friday is a massive 6 pointer. FGR and Grimsby both have picked up 10 points from their last 6 games. They are only 11 points behind us. FGR 1 game in hand and Grimsby 2.

We have to really hope Colchester dont turn anything on. Only 4 points from their last 6 (1 less than us), but they have 3 games in hand.

Games in hand tend to mean nothing at the bottom but still. Having lost to 2 rivals at home in Accrington and Doncaster, i have genuine relegation concerns.

We need to hope Colchester drop.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 13:29:17 »

I'm sure Clem watches the game on ifollow - I expect he and Anthony discuss the games with their vast football knowledge and agree that Mad Gav is doing a great job but would be better next season with him own players and a smaller budget

Well he has been to his house, so that is the end of it, of course.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, March 18, 2024, 14:56:06 »

Maybe we can appoint Adam Hart and he can rack up 11 big lines of his special Colombian marching powder on the physio desk before they go out. At least they'd be awake from the start and not concede early.

You'd have to be privy to players contractual agreements to see that kind of detail but when the club don't want to produce a set of decent accounts, I doubt we'll be seeing player BIK's noted as ''Monthly Bonus: Contraband''

I am very shocked that Mr Hall has not followed his duties as CEO, and seemingly does not appear on Zoom using the world's smallest ball dispenser to draw the not-totally-fake-lotto.

Although if GG has borrowed it to select the team then this will make total sense

#StickyPitch
« Last Edit: Monday, March 18, 2024, 15:00:33 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: