Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Accrington Stanley (who are they) Matchday Thread  (Read 12439 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 11:44:45 »

So, give no fucks
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 15:54:01 »

Sorry for the confusion, have asked my source some of the questions that have been asked today. The older of the two has been going since the 70s but this has been very on and off as with his career, he’s been moving around a lot. He has been living in the Middle East recently and wants a more recent matchday experience (I’m not sure this is a good thing!). The younger of the two is the one more into crypto and my source has told me that the combined wealth of the older’s career and younger’s crypto will buy the club, with the reach of Middle East associates to run the club moving forward.

Have you heard anything more on this since the match? Hopefully the low quality showing didn’t put them off! I did spot one quite smartly dressed person in the DRS near to where you said they would be sitting…
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 16:05:11 »

Have you heard anything more on this since the match? Hopefully the low quality showing didn’t put them off! I did spot one quite smartly dressed person in the DRS near to where you said they would be sitting…

I think this was a wind up
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 16:13:04 »

Poor quality football I know but, for the want of a bit of luck going our way that usually goes against us, we could have been moaning about shit quality AND 3 points.

How often has pinball in our defensive area ended up with the ball deflecting into our goal?
How often last night did some Accrington Fookin Stanley midfielder or defender come twixt the strike of the ball and their goal and the ball deflect wide or away to safety?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 16:47:35 »

Thought it might be but also choosing to live in hope.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 17:49:59 »

As much as I'm desperate for any rumour at the moment, I assumed this was a wind up when it said they were fans but going in DRS to experience it.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 21:55:32 »

Agreed, was sceptical to begin with but disappointing if it was. Might be me being a humourless scrooge at the minute but last thing the fanbase needs is wind ups like that (if it was, fully apology if not) when we’re desperate for any hope of a new start.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 07:15:59 »

Agreed, was sceptical to begin with but disappointing if it was. Might be me being a humourless scrooge at the minute but last thing the fanbase needs is wind ups like that (if it was, fully apology if not) when we’re desperate for any hope of a new start.

All I'd say is that any consortium's that are serious about taking over the club are going to keep their business very much in house. I've heard whispers that there are 1 or 2 who have been working behind the scenes but I've absolutely no clue of details/timescales etc.

Personally I'd take any wild fan rumours with a huge sack of sea salt, regardless of how desperately we want it to happen. My inkling is that the issues are probably not with any buyers, but with Billy Smart and Co that are the current incumbents at SN1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #323 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 10:35:57 »

All I'd say is that any consortium's that are serious about taking over the club are going to keep their business very much in house. I've heard whispers that there are 1 or 2 who have been working behind the scenes but I've absolutely no clue of details/timescales etc.

Personally I'd take any wild fan rumours with a huge sack of sea salt, regardless of how desperately we want it to happen. My inkling is that the issues are probably not with any buyers,
Absolutely, there are interested parties for certain so any delay will be with the current owners of our club and not the potential buyers.

but with Billy Smart and Co that are the current incumbents at SN1
STFC board meeting.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 10:42:04 »

Are there?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 10:59:58 »

Are there?

You've clearly made up your mind that nobody would be interested in such a car crash of a football club so I'm not really sure why you continue to ask tbh.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 11:09:06 »

…because clearly everyone knows of this queue of people.
I’d like to see some proof but I’m sure that won’t be forthcoming for reasons.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 11:39:58 »

…because clearly everyone knows of this queue of people.
I’d like to see some proof but I’m sure that won’t be forthcoming for reasons.

Of course not everyone knows, and nobody said there is a queue and if there was proof available to show then it might as well be on the back page of the Adver.  People have connections and people talk in the background, just because you haven't heard them doesn't mean they don't exist.  I am aware of 3 parties that were interested in the past so I have no doubt there are current interested parties now.  I can't provide proof of those 3 interested parties, but i heard enough from people I trust to know that they were real.  Because I can't provide proof, does that mean i am bullshitting?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #328 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 12:09:04 »

Of course not everyone knows, and nobody said there is a queue and if there was proof available to show then it might as well be on the back page of the Adver.  People have connections and people talk in the background, just because you haven't heard them doesn't mean they don't exist.  I am aware of 3 parties that were interested in the past so I have no doubt there are current interested parties now.  I can't provide proof of those 3 interested parties, but i heard enough from people I trust to know that they were real.  Because I can't provide proof, does that mean i am bullshitting?
Exactly this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Thursday, March 14, 2024, 12:20:23 »

It would be interesting to know if the door is shut in the face of any interested parties, or whether the club is willing to talk.

We’re fucked if they won’t talk, because it would suggest that they’re either very happy with how things are going, or can’t let anyone else lift the lid on the money flows through the club.s
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: