Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon vs Accrington Stanley (who are they) Matchday Thread  (Read 14839 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 22:48:22 »

Who’s going to buy a ST for £400 now when there is no guarantee we’ll still be in the EFL next season.

Too many will unfortunately. That is the issue
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 22:53:17 »

Gunning is young and inexperienced, he’s bound to make mistakes. The problem is he is repeating those mistakes and not learning from them. Same as Flynn, make subs, lose game. How can he take off Glatzel and Drinnan and leave us with zero threat. He has one ‘tactic’, the long, diagonal cross field pass. I’m tending to give most of the players the benefit of the doubt as they are the ones suffering from Gunning’s bizarre team selection, subs and team set up. It does bring into question Austin’s thought of saying Gunning is the man for the job permanently.

Feels tonight was a tipping point. Watching my club/team disintegrate in front of my eyes was unsettling.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 22:54:32 »

Did Austin say that?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 22:55:58 »

Did Austin say that?

He said he was the right man for the job at the current time
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 22:56:58 »

Yep, post match at Mansfield.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 23:13:19 »

if gunning goes back to coaching the under 7s, who the hell would want to take on this shit show? 
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 23:26:34 »

For the first 20 minutes, it was quickly apparent that Accrington were complete garbage. Probably the worst team we've had down here.

We didn't capitalise, and they slowly grew into the game. Getting stronger as it went on. Or we got substantially worse. Probably a bit of both.

However, putting our shite football to one side, I was absolutely baffled that Gunning took off Glatzel and Drinan. WTF?

Charlie Austin. I'm sorry but you are finished. If I'm Drinan, I'm absolutely fuming to be hooked off and that Austin has finished the full 90 instead.

£3500 a week for somebody who can't run. Yes you ping a good pass out wide every now and again. It's not good enough though is it. You are living off your past alone. If you were Brett Pitman, you would be getting palters every week.

I just want to clarify, obviously Charlie Austin is not the underlying problem at this football club, but if his influence is so significant that he is unjustifiably staying on the football pitch then I'd rather he was gone thanks. His time here has been a complete disaster.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 23:39:31 »

Their owner was in the boardroom tonight with Hart. No CEO present.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 23:41:00 »

Mom didn’t make an appearance in the sponsors lounge after the match because Gav had them all in the changing room for a bollocking. They were still there when I left at 10.10.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 23:41:05 »

First half was probably the worst half of league 2 (possibly pro) football I have ever seen. And I don’t mean it was the worst Swindon performance I have ever seen; more that the combined sum of the 2 teams was so poor. Aldershot was probably the worst Swindon performance I’ve ever seen but today I kept checking if it was half time soon - first time I checked watch and it was only 12 mins in.  Suicide
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 00:01:07 »

Just got home, was going to wait until the morning to post but needed to get this of my chest now.

Morfuni & Gunning have managed to do something that Rikki Hunt & McMoan managed to do previously & that’s say Fuck it, I’ve had enough of this bollocks.

Until one (or preferably both) of them fuck off I am done with them.
Having a season ticket I will use my freeloading games remaining & then the fucking club can go down the fucking pan
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 00:36:38 »

Someone mentioned Coaching Team earlier, that one was funny!

The fact we operate without an Assistant Manager should be all anyone needs to know about how we are being run.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 01:36:37 »

Their owner was in the boardroom tonight with Hart. No CEO present.

Standing? Keily? Or others nudge, nudge, wink, wink?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 07:34:25 »

If there are interested parties, now would be a good time to go public.

If there is an alternative to this clusterfuck fans can get behind it would help with forcing the issue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 08:01:29 »

If there are interested parties, now would be a good time to go public.

If there is an alternative to this clusterfuck fans can get behind it would help with forcing the issue.

3/4 months ago was the time to go public.

That Jason Lane on twitter seems adamant there have been at least two interested parties (put off by the asking price) but if he told he it was raining and I’d check outside.

No one wants to buy this shit show of club. What’s in it for them? Absolutely nothing
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: