Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Franchise pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 15430 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 19:29:47 »

Sad Gav when he's relegated to being loan manager again

You mean when he gets ''demoted'' to a jolly in NSW as Head Coach of Australian Talent Academy {ergo - the equivalent of a Community Sports Coach for U9s}.

Actually I think that version is ''Livin' it up Lad Gav''

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 19:44:15 »

The reality is Cain was our best available midfielder today and he was in the bench.
MarkyTee
Expect the unexpected

Que no pare la fiesta

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 19:45:31 »

The dongs did one simple thing that we’ve been incapable of, all season.

Defend.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 19:46:08 »

To me that one is down to Gav, the wrong selection, the wrong formation & the wrong tactics.

It took him 80 mins to realise we were light in midfield.

Khan & McEachran both poor, but not helped by being totally overrun.

If we want to think about promotion next season we need someone who can identify what’s wrong much more quickly.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 19:47:16 »

This fitness excuse is a joke, all the players have been training all season weather or not if they are playing.
Drinan should be back up to Austin, he's a central forward lump, not a left/right attacking forward running down the channels.
Midfield personnel rotates more than a revolving door. Cain I thought was decent against the Gills was then subbed off at half time and then we went to shit. There is no consistency in the line up and the random subs in the last five games, I really don't think the boss knows what his strongest team is.

A few things, I think it is ''relative'' fitness to other teams etc. A couple of factors. We've had a pretty small squad of average to ok proper first teamers. Maybe 14 or 15 of them for most of the season. Without addressing certain areas. These playing areas {with experience} still have not been addressed despite it even being visually obvious to Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Helen Keller, Andrea Bocelli and Louis fucking Braille!

But that small initial squad was always going to run out of steam or become stretched/fatigued/incur injuries. So the problem there lays with the board's incompetence. I think pretty much any manager would have struggled/been restricted etc.

We've then signed players either with not a lot of league experience or players coming back from injury. Yes, they may all be ''fit'' but not necessarily match fit. But even if they were match fit, I think the relative fitness to other teams will be the main driving factor.

Again, it's still an infrastructure deficiency though. There simply isn't enough depth, and not just in the first team but the whole club. Minimalist strategy only really works in interior design - not in the running of professional sports teams.

I agree with the rest of what you say, but I won't lay the fitness blame too much on the players and erm...''management team''. That's been engineered by an {ironically} out of depth board/owner{s}

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 20:03:01 »

That was garbage.
More interesting for the last 5 minutes but that has to be their easiest three points of the season.
Nobody came out of that with much credit. Sad to see a crowd show little concern for the dire situation we find ourselves in.
Even my Orange hat decided it had better things to do today, and who could blame it? I wish Ken Beamish was in charge.....
As always, I enjoy the comments on here and appreciate that some of you are as fed up as me.
Nothing happy or positive to contribute to the debate again sadly. Have a good evening all. You Reds!!

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 20:06:17 »

If the club are putting Gunning forward now as an audition for next season, at least give him the chance to, or bring in an experienced no 2.

Any professional outfit needs more than a caretaker manager, GK coach and analyst for an extended period of time.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 20:10:17 »

If the club are putting Gunning forward now as an audition for next season, at least give him the chance to, or bring in an experienced no 2.

Any professional outfit needs more than a caretaker manager, GK coach and analyst for an extended period of time.

Rob T pointed out the contrast in the two benches today - theirs was stuffed with staff.

According to Wiki MK have a Sporting Director, Performance Director, Head Coach, Assistant, First Head Coach, Goalkeeping Coach, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Head of Rehabilitation, First Team Physiotherapist, Head Of Performance Analysis, Lead First-Team Performance Analyst, Head of Technical Scouting & a Data Scientist.

We have Gav, Mildy, Liam McCartan & Jamie Russell. And presumably a Physio.

On a related note, I couldn't help but laugh at our staff list on Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swindon_Town_F.C.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 20:44:49 »

Weren't we also needing a new physio?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 20:48:07 »

Steady we’re supposed to be getting the ground redeveloped you can’t have it all Cheesy

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 20:51:52 »

Hate losing to a plastic side like dongs, as long as we stay up I'll be looking forward to dongs, rectum and tinpot Vale next season.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 21:01:03 »

Chesterfield will be the new Wrexham next season😁

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 21:39:31 »

Chesterfield will be the new Wrexham next season😁

Another tiny club that think they are all that  Doh

Dongs fans all gob in the ground, disappeared outside.

"Stole a club, and you're still league 2" chant made me chuckle  Grin
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 21:49:43 by 4D » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 21:49:46 »

We have Gav, Mildy, Liam McCartan & Jamie Russell. And presumably a Physio.
We're a real Mickey Mouse operation aren't we.

Though even Disney has higher standards these days .
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 21:52:48 »

Quote from: 4D
as long as we stay up

Thank fuck for FGR and Sutton.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: