Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest  (Read 37504 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:07:32 »

Might also wake up some of the clueless that either don't know what is going on or have their finger so far from the pulse that they think that the unhappy are just a couple of moaners online.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 22:28:27 »

Just throw cans of fosters on the pitch. Oh yeah, that's fake as well. Fuck.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, January 6, 2024, 23:09:11 »

There’ll be a high percentage of the fanbase (non social media users, more casual fans etc) that is simply unaware of a lot of the non-footballing issues surrounding the club (as well as the convicts in the boardroom).

The most common question I overheard at the Wrexham match was from confused fans asking what the ‘freeloading bastard’ chant was about.

You’ll then have those fans who are aware of the concerns but don’t see any real problem - the Facebook group a good example. Also those who ‘only care about on pitch matters’ (fair enough, I guess).

The main difference with Power? I’d suggest the fact the Trust took a clear stance and his image was very much one of somebody who couldn’t care less about the fans - albeit something which took a few years to develop and was aided by run in’s with the adver etc. Put simply - he was seen as a bit of a wrong ‘un, whereas Clem widely retains his ‘good guy’ image.

I can’t see any real protests against the ownership in the near future - there’s simply too much support/indifference ‘on the ground’ for him.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 00:43:58 »

Either needs the Trust to wake from their slumber and orchestrate or another fan action group to spring up.

But I'm with you, happy to chip in some ££
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 05:54:21 »

Clem has understood the power of PR in a way his predecessor never did. Staying close to the Trust, appointing Angus, bringing Don Rogers in, Michael Doughty, pulling pints etc etc. Most fans who don't dwell in the darker corners of Companies House or the Advisory Board minutes don't have a clue what is going on, who Zav Austin is and so on.

I honestly think our goose is cooked this time.

I said as much as this on here, pretty much right from the moment Clem made this move. I hate that I was correct about it but it was just ''Bambi'' being ridiculous of course Roll Eyes

Maybe sometimes we need to realise that when we have had the wool pulled over our eyes previously, or taken for a fool - it should be more noticeable in spotting the signs of the type of bullshit someone is on or about to be on again. Maybe sometimes my reading of the room is genuinely right on the fucking money. Then again several times, many people don't want to believe that anything untoward is happening and ignore it or turning a blind eye will make it all go away?

Supporting STFC is akin to being the receiving partner of continued domestic abuse from multiple partners. We gravitate {ok, I admit we don't choose our board as such} towards a bad partner, we know they're bad, we know it's going to happen again, we want to believe it won't happen again/they'll change but it is a recurring pattern that will seemingly always happen. Only in this version, we can't leave our abusive partner to break the cycle - we have to wait for them to leave. Very tricky.

Clem, in his early stages was the master manipulator, a true narcissist. Regular themes of 'I saved the club', 'I invested X to keep the club afloat', 'I gifted half the club...' etc. Pretty much all of which we know not to be true...he's clearly the real abuser, and we are most definitely the abused.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 08:36:43 »

How about design and distribute a newsletter type thing at home matches. Double sided a4, it shouldn’t break the bank. Get it in as many hands as possible, maybe the paper can be orange or another colour that stands out. It could even be done anonymously if needed, well, not the handing out part.

The first stage is getting the message across  to fans imo
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:37:28 »

Mooney... possibly you are right about our goose has finally been cooked.
The only way this is going to end well is for a well healed group who is smarter than the current lot.
Rumors say some parties are or have been seriously considered a purchase based on due diligence.
If this is the case the purchase process could easily turn into a Dutch auction.
If that is the case cutting off the current cash flow will push the sale forward.
Otherwise this will continue and a be a death by a thousand knives.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 09:45:56 »

A tried & trusted location for protest (peaceful of course) would be round the back of the Arkells.
Before and / or after games.
If the latter then "they" can either hide inside, seek an alternative exit or emerge & engage in reasonable discussion.

The reaction of the club would be telling.
A heavy handed response might reinforce the need for regime change for example.

Or listening and then actions speaking louder than words would be a start.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 10:04:58 »

A tried & trusted location for protest (peaceful of course) would be round the back of the Arkells.
Before and / or after games.
If the latter then "they" can either hide inside, seek an alternative exit or emerge & engage in reasonable discussion.

The reaction of the club would be telling.
A heavy handed response might reinforce the need for regime change for example.

Or listening and then actions speaking louder than words would be a start.

I expect a tear gassing and riot squad beating from their henchpersons would likely be the result of any such protest behind the Arkells. Or a snatch squad to drag you inside and beat the shit out if you before throwing you out via another exit from prying eyes.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:22:35 »

People's Front of Swindon. PFS. Splitters.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 11:53:57 »

In terms of telling the masses what's going on. Could everyone contribute to a summary of points, would be more than happy to get these printed out and with help distributed before games.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 12:20:42 »

There is way too much apathy in the majority of fans going to games to be successful, as stated before - only a small percentage seem to care about the off field issues and way too many either just want to watch the football or still vocally back Clem for "saving our club" not least is a majority of fans on the FB groups.

I spoke to an old Town supporing mate from the 80's and 90s before the Wrexham game about the shenanigans and he was totally oblivious of it all, I mean totally, just saying well it was said Clem saved us and that seemed good enough for him even if he was pissed off with the on the pitch experience in the last 10 matches or so.

I was fully expecting some form of vocal backlash during the game with chants etc as it was still recently raw after the Hall interview yet absolutely nothing, not a word shouted in anger at the miss management of our club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 12:32:47 »

There is way too much apathy in the majority of fans going to games to be successful, as stated before - only a small percentage seem to care about the off field issues and way too many either just want to watch the football or still vocally back Clem for "saving our club" not least is a majority of fans on the FB groups.

I spoke to an old Town supporing mate from the 80's and 90s before the Wrexham game about the shenanigans and he was totally oblivious of it all, I mean totally, just saying well it was said Clem saved us and that seemed good enough for him even if he was pissed off with the on the pitch experience in the last 10 matches or so.

I was fully expecting some form of vocal backlash during the game with chants etc as it was still recently raw after the Hall interview yet absolutely nothing, not a word shouted in anger at the miss management of our club.

Agreed. But you just know these same people will be the first to say why didn’t someone do something about it when all the shit hits the fan.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 13:55:08 »

anything to add? unfortunately i think there is loads.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 14:02:50 »

Whats the point of protesting nothing will ever change at the club were just a  decaying  club heading for non league obscurity.every person whos run the club shafts us in someway they lie to the fans and never comeout and tell you the truth like whats happening  now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: