Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 16727 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:42:55 »

Imagine the furore last season if we'd played D'Arcy at wing back!🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:47:06 »

I've not trawled through the whole thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned but was anyone else surprised to see 'Darcy' playing at centre forward for them and even wearing the no.9 shirt? Same height, same build, same hair style complete with alice band.

Even when Mrs Taylor pointed out that the bloke wearing no.10 with the skinhead haircut had Darcy on the back of his shirt, I said in all seriousness and without irony...."Well what are the chances of them having two players called Darcy?"....I was that convinced that 'fake' Darcy was in fact 'real' Darcy...it was only when his picture came up on the big screen with his name underneath after scoring the first goal that I realised my error  Doh

That was the one remotely light moment in an otherwise dire and miserable afternoon. Agree with every word you say Dukey...I can't imagine I'll be going again this season. Just awful....

The highlight was that little dog in the away end.
Clearly Swindon because he never wagged his tail once.

What a miserable afternoon but always good to see you 👍⚽️
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:54:29 »

Imagine the furore last season if we'd played D'Arcy at wing back!🙂

There was furore last season when we played Darcy anywhere….!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:57:22 »

The highlight was that little dog in the away end.
Clearly Swindon because he never wagged his tail once.

What a miserable afternoon but always good to see you 👍⚽️
Haha! Yeah, I'd forgotten about him, he was a cutie...his name was Bobby  Smiley

Nice to see you as always Duke... Cool
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 21:58:02 »

There was furore last season when we played Darcy anywhere….!

To be fair, that was because he wasn't really that good and we did sign Kemp on loan to fill the main role he used to cover.  For half a season it has been a good decision, the loan bit may even that out if we end up thinking Aguiar is the answer to any questions we have.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 22:01:01 »

Kemp was bought in to fill the hole left by Williams.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 22:03:07 »

That's what I thought.Very good replacement with the disadvantage that unlike Williams,he wasn't ours

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 22:27:24 »

So many holes!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 23:05:54 »

A L2 mid table battle. We lost. We were poor
Yes it hurts but for me, nowhere near the seemingly suicidal levels of some who should know better. Yet.

Two managers a year won't work either unless we get a proper derisable budget expert in.
The guy from Accrington maybe or whoever got Morecambe promoted to L1.

Yeah, the manager & coaching staff need to shoulder some blame but come on, 7 down against Aldershot, let's face it this squad isn't fit for purpose & needs to be dismantled big time.

Thought that relatively minor surgery would be enough after last season. I was wrong.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 00:43:57 »

Surprised we too the number we did to Crawley, even more than Millwall took to Bristol  Embarrassed
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:01:02 »

A L2 mid table battle. We lost. We were poor
Yes it hurts but for me, nowhere near the seemingly suicidal levels of some who should know better. Yet.

Two managers a year won't work either unless we get a proper derisable budget expert in.
The guy from Accrington maybe or whoever got Morecambe promoted to L1.

Yeah, the manager & coaching staff need to shoulder some blame but come on, 7 down against Aldershot, let's face it this squad isn't fit for purpose & needs to be dismantled big time.

Thought that relatively minor surgery would be enough after last season. I was wrong.

Always read your level headed posts and equally you watch the dross with your own eyes.
What is frightening is the game, no matter what is 11 v 11 and I am struggling to see how much better these players are against other Clubs with less fanbase than ours.
That scares me.

All about January for me, the rumour mill on the terraces yesterday in full flow.
We are simply in free full and need a few players back. Losing Kemp and Young will hit us hard.

No faith in Clem and want to be proved wrong.
Year on year budget cuts, poor decision making has delivered this shit show and I am not surprised.
Ironically our 2 best players were from clubs in the same league deemed surplus to requirement, both clubs not challenging. Reality is calling and we are what we are.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:02:44 »

Surprised we too the number we did to Crawley, even more than Millwall took to Bristol  Embarrassed

Superb fans and potential.
The flickering light but dimming.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 09:31:37 »

All about January for me, the rumour mill on the terraces yesterday in full flow.

Good rumours, bad rumours, a mix?

Not asking for specifics because as soon as you mentoin them you get beat of for being wrong.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 10:45:30 »

Good rumours, bad rumours, a mix?

Not asking for specifics because as soon as you mentoin them you get beat of for being wrong.

Don’t even waste your time Mate, from selling the Club, to a major investor that Clem wants in, to a big budget January, already been given a big budget but Flynn didn’t want to use it, other investors wanting the club etc, etc.

It’s a pile of shit and the club is a shambles on and off the pitch.

No rumours are factual and until we see anything official suggest it’s business as usual.
Only my opinion but it’s likely to get worse before better.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 11:33:38 »

Cheers, always interested in the rumours - but proof before belief is the way to go!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: