Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, November 10, 2023, 21:43:44)
Murphy Mahoney - 0 (0%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 0 (0%)
Tom Brewitt - 1 (2.5%)
Udoka Godwin-Malife - 6 (15%)
Tyrese Shade - 0 (0%)
Remeao Hutton - 2 (5%)
Liam Kinsella (sub 69) - 0 (0%)
George McEachran (sub 89) - 0 (0%)
Dan Kemp - 6 (15%)
Charlie Austin (sub 69) - 0 (0%)
Jake Young - 13 (32.5%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 69) - 0 (0%)
Harrison Minturn (on 69) - 0 (0%)
Fletcher Hubbard (on 89) - 12 (30%)
Total Voters: 40

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester v Swindon MoM Thread  (Read 5515 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:22:22 »

I don't know who to vote for.

Kinsella is a crab. McEachran too
Austin should have scored but didn't. Played one good pass.
UGM played one good pass. But Mr Flynn, he is NOT a midfielder!
FBT did a silky turn/shoulder drop
Brewitt fixed a couple of his mistakes
Hutton crossed to noone all game
RHM got into good positions but got out of them again
Young one good finish. A second saved shot and 3 clear misses.
Kemp cup tied...Oh, was he playing? (Actually he missed one chance)
Shade was summed up by running clear in the first half and the ball hit his heel and was cleared
Hubbard coming on was ridiculous
Minturn slid in once
Mahoney didn't have much to do other than pick the ball out of the net

Agree with most of that, and I know you probably aren't criticising Shade for that incident, but that was really unlucky. Had Kemp slipped the ball further in front of him at least he would have had the chance to race clear of the defender, go past the goalkeeper and then slice the ball into the crowd.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:32:32 »

Agree with most of that, and I know you probably aren't criticising Shade for that incident, but that was really unlucky. Had Kemp slipped the ball further in front of him at least he would have had the chance to race clear of the defender, go past the goalkeeper and then slice the ball into the crowd.
😂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 09:33:34 »

I do think that if we had anything resembling a target man, we'd think Hutton was twice the player we do now. But we don't, and he isn't adapting - or the coaching staff are telling him to still put in high balls, or both. It's a head scratcher.
Yeah,fair enough point

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:12:47 »

Young cos he scored, thats it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:15:11 »

Spot on!  Clap

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:16:25 »

I do think that if we had anything resembling a target man, we'd think Hutton was twice the player we do now. But we don't, and he isn't adapting - or the coaching staff are telling him to still put in high balls, or both. It's a head scratcher.
If Hutton could whip in low fast crosses as Colchester did twice he would be creating way more chances than just aimlessly crossing high floated balls to the far post where, with all due respect, even a younger fitter Austin couldn't get to then he would be a major asset.

As it stands we dont have any player that will attack the near post or far post or even be capable of winning a header and getting on target.

Crosses into the box are pointless if youhave no one on the end of them, ever. Hutton for me flatters to decieve, he gets a high volume of crosses but how many create good chances? I would say less than 10% at absolute most.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:17:58 »

We also never have midfielders crashing into the box. We get so few bodies in there.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:18:41 »

If Hutton could whip in low fast crosses as Colchester did twice he would be creating way more chances than just aimlessly crossing high floated balls to the far post where, with all due respect, even a younger fitter Austin couldn't get to then he would be a major asset.

As it stands we dont have any player that will attack the near post or far post or even be capable of winning a header and getting on target.

Crosses into the box are pointless if youhave no one on the end of them, ever. Hutton for me flatters to decieve, he gets a high volume of crosses but how many create good chances? I would say less than 10% at absolute most.
To be fair mate, 2 last night

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:18:51 »

His crosses are tailor made for a Harry Smith type. Shame Sutton somehow gazumped us for him.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:20:36 »

His crosses are tailor made for a Harry Smith type. Shame Sutton somehow gazumped us for him.

Massive club with big attendances and a sugar daddy owner. Oh... hold on...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:21:32 »

Yet another manager without a Plan B. Same tactics (ha!), same result.

That contract extension is looking a dodgy decision. There’s only so much that can be laid at Clem’s door.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:23:28 »

I don't disagree but I kind of read it more as "If we had a Rory Fallon his floaty shite crosses may be a bit more useful than a chocolate teapot."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:33:57 »

I don't disagree but I kind of read it more as "If we had a Rory Fallon his floaty shite crosses may be a bit more useful than a chocolate teapot."

That's exactly what it is. He's a square peg in a round hole right now, but in the right set up he'd be incredibly useful. A generation ago he would have been Jon Paul McGovern, a right winger whose entire job was crossing in for a Fallon, a Peacock or a Paynter. Playing wing back and crossing in towards an empty box with Austin blowing out of his arse 30 yards away is not a showcase of his skills. I'm not letting him off entirely - he should be able to adapt to lower crosses or running at defenders, but it's easy to see how he could be doing better without doing much different.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 10:44:12 »

and the fact he can't defend made me on the "sell him" side of things in the summer.

The issue with that is though you have to have the ability to sign players to replace, which this basket case football club has shown time and time again, it doesn't.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 13:43:30 »

I watched the game and accept people have different opinions on players but I don't get the Hutton "shit crosses" thing to be honest.
The shit one that landed bang on Austin's head in the first half, the one that picked out Shade on the far post or the one that Kemp headed wide from less than a yard out? Add to that the great through ball which set Kemp up for a good chance and that's not a bad contribution to last night's proceedings surely? Even Parkin commented on the good quality of Hutton's crosses last night. Don't get me wrong, he has his faults but in my opinion he is far from the problem. His assists over the last season and a half speak for themselves.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: