Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 47   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon Town Matchday thread  (Read 28005 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 20:25:53 »

surely if you know a points deduction is coming you overspend to make sure you don't go out the EFL.

Depends on the severity.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 20:34:31 »

I'm just pointing out that something clearly doesn't add up. The condescending shite in your posts is nothing more than that....shite.

I'm still waiting for all the other clubs in the league needing to raid the youth team for players to fill a bench as well, as a way of reassuring me things are totally normal and I'm paranoid.

Someone in another thread said maybe we know a points deduction this season is coming, so we're spending as little as possible right now because of it. That would at least make sense. But something isn't right and nobody is buying "not the right players" crap from Flynn. Just towing the company line.

I’m sure there are plenty of other teams in our league who have had their injury problems which we are not privy to and have had weak benches etc.

The irony is if we had a better week (ie picked up 6 points out of 9 instead of 1), then you wouldn’t be making your ridiculous comments and blaming Clem for our recent down turn in form.

Once you come up with meaningful suggestions on how things can be improved then I’ll take you seriously. However the majority of your comments are nonsense. That along with your swearing just sums you up that you don’t really have a clue what you are talking about and just want to attach blame to someone for Swindon’s recent poor form.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 20:35:52 »

Bottom line is Morfuni is skint...

He sold us a lie at the beginning of the season...

He now wants out asap.

Bills are not being paid and debts are stacking up...

He won't add to the paper thin squad because he wants the wage bill as low as he possibly can to look better for prospective buyers.

Don't be surprised if Young and Kemp are gone January

As well as Hutton and Hepburn Murphy and whoever else he can shift...

Don't be too excited about incomings they may well not happen...

Best situation he's gone in the next 2 months and the new owners actually want us to move forward
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 20:38:03 »

He now wants out asap.

He won't add to the paper thin squad because he wants the wage bill as low as he possibly can to look better for prospective buyers.

Best situation he's gone in the next 2 months and new owners actually want us to move forward..

Here is that mystery new buyer that will come and spend millions and millions on STFC again.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 20:39:30 »

Here is that mystery new buyer that will come and spend millions and millions on STFC again.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 20:41:18 »

He now wants out asap.

Best situation he's gone in the next 2 months and the new owners actually want us to move forward

If this is the case, why the fuck is he dicking about trying to get an academy up and running in Australia?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 20:49:24 »

The irony is if we had a better week (ie picked up 6 points out of 9 instead of 1), then you wouldn’t be making your ridiculous comments and blaming Clem for our recent down turn in form.

I and plenty of others were complaining about our squad size before we even sold Wakeling when we were winning. So more shite. Me swearing doesn't make you right and me wrong. The content of your words without swearing quite clearly makes you wrong though when you make total bollocks claims like that.

Once you come up with meaningful suggestions on how things can be improved then I’ll take you seriously. However the majority of your comments are nonsense. That along with your swearing just sums you up that you don’t really have a clue what you are talking about and just want to attach blame to someone for Swindon’s recent poor form.

I don't actually care that much if some condescending troll takes me seriously, to be honest.

I do enjoy the irony of you saying I don't have a clue and talk nonsense though when you clearly don't have an iota of a clue what people have been saying all season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 20:55:02 »

Quote from: Cowley38

with respect, I think most would be more surprised if they stayed - particularly Kemp

speculation but that's not impossible if there are offers. As we saw with Gladwin and Reed last season.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 22:34:46 »

We need a grim reaper emoji.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 23:19:35 »

Where did you get the £10m over 4 years from, I've not looked at this at all and wondered where this came from.

It costs well over 1m per year, nearer two at least, to staff and maintain a Tier Two Academy (based on available reports).  In order to have a Tier Two Academy you actually need a facility that you can use, which we do not yet own or have built.  Just look at the cost of the Moredon Fields sporting complex for reference here - it's a sum in excess of 5m all in to get it off the ground - I am not aware of any purpose built Academy style facilities that are available for rent.  If it's something you want to do, you have to have big balls.  

I actually think it's something worth looking at, but you are not going to achieve it by using local firms to lend you some bits of metal and a net.  Everything delivered and talked about thus far suggests we are not really trying to deliver this goal.  It's another data point to show that what we are told is not what we should expect.

edit:  before the most recent additions, the Foundation park facility was set to cost 2.4m, so assume it is now over 3m.  They actually seem to do a very good job, putting our official club efforts to shame really.  Just outsource it to them, seriously.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18127752.foundation-park-opening-revealed/
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 23:53:22 by RobertT » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 23:39:19 »

If this is the case, why the fuck is he dicking about trying to get an academy up and running in Australia?

In reality, he isn't.  He has partnered with an existing private Academy that is already well structured.  Thus far that partnership amounts to a training weekend with Gav Gunning over two days.  Local kids can sign up for 299 AUSD and get a few hours of training.  There may be more coming, but it is not a brand new Academy for STFC.

Quite a few of them partner with International Teams - that way they can sell the dream to their parents of games abroad, for a fee.  We really don't have much detail on this one, like many other things.  Not saying this is a bad idea  - just that it seems unlikely to be a massive money spinner or likely to turn up some unseen talent in any sort of quick time.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 23:47:56 »

I’m sure there are plenty of other teams in our league who have had their injury problems which we are not privy to and have had weak benches etc.

Good one.

Someone has already done the research, on here.  We have one of the smallest squads sizes in this Division.  That clearly comes with a risk.

Next, who is actually out injured right now that changes us, Brewitt?  Nobody else really.  Devine hasn't even played a full game for us, has he?  I presume Uwakwe is injured, not exactly nailed the LWB spot down anyway.  Clayton is even back, so we really are not that stretched in terms of first teamers being out.  We are stretched because we have so few first teamers.

And finally - who is to blame for out recent poor form - well, either someone or many people are, if we are saying this is poor form.  If so, then trying to determine where that responsibility may lie seems like precisely the sort of thing you'd expect to find a forum.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 23:49:57 »

Just looking through the April AB notes and I can see that mentions break even in 2025, once stadium improvements have been completed, hopefully that helps Batch.

I've looked at some of the other AB notes and can't see a mention of a tier 2 academy, not looked at them all mind.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 23:55:43 »

It's on the timeline PowerPoint presentation used on those April minutes I believe.  There is a section about the Academy Project, which doesn't actually quote that goal, but the timeline shows it for 2025 as well.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/siteassets/2022-23/documents/advisory-board-april-2023.pdf

Slide 8 = "Standards continue to improve in Academy with plans for a Category 2 Academy outlined"

The action item for the Academy states:  "A high-quality academy is essential for the future success of our
club. It provides a cost-effective way to develop homegrown
talent and builds a strong team foundation for long-term success."
« Last Edit: Monday, October 30, 2023, 00:01:05 by RobertT » Logged
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Sunday, October 29, 2023, 23:57:06 »

As I mentioned before Australian football are introducing a new team which is supposed to be based in NZ. That team is reported to be based in Auckland and owned by the Bournemouth chap who is very wealthy.
The competition for young footballing talent is spread far and wide.
Why then would parents pay their hard earnt cash going to Saturday mornings kick about to a park near Morfuni fields Sydney. Sorry to say, in my opinion Clem Morfuni is a dreamer and can tell a tale when required. Possibly a good drinking mate.
Hope I am wrong but currently STFC are heading down a road to nowhere.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 47   Go Up
Print
Jump to: