Poll
Question: Who gets your vote?  (Voting closed: Friday, October 27, 2023, 20:44:27)
Murphy Mahoney - 17 (33.3%)
Frazer Blake-Tracy - 17 (33.3%)
Harrison Minturn (sub 80) - 0 (0%)
Udoka Godwin-Malife - 2 (3.9%)
Tyrese Shade (sub 87) - 2 (3.9%)
Remeao Hutton - 5 (9.8%)
Saidou Khan - 2 (3.9%)
George McEachran - 3 (5.9%)
Dan Kemp - 1 (2%)
Charlie Austin (sub 69) - 1 (2%)
Jake Young - 0 (0%)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (on 69) - 0 (0%)
Tom Clayton (on 80) - 0 (0%)
Miles Obodo (on 87) - 1 (2%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Gillingham MoM Thread  (Read 3909 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 10:30:33 »

FBT basically for his desire towards the end to try and get something to happen in the final third. Young appears to have totally lost his confidence and Shade always had 2 men on him and nobody overlapping to work with. I thought he did ok apart from pulling out of a header 50/50. Hutton was always the out ball but just wasn't consistent with his delivery. He did get one spot on in the second half but October Young couldn't convert. You can't help but think August/September Young would have scored.

Mahoney in goal continues to do nothing wrong at all and made a top save second half to keep us in the game. Also the RHM whisper to him before the penalty I'm sure helped contrive the worst penalty I've seen in quite some time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 10:53:00 »

Mahoney for me, followed by McEachran.
Baffled by the sponsors’ vote for Hutton - his crossing was generally poor in my view.
Before RHM whispered to Mahoney at the penalty, he was in conversation with Mildy who clearly told him to go to Mahoney (presumably to tell him which way to dive?).
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 10:54:17 »

Before RHM whispered to Mahoney at the penalty, he was in conversation with Mildy who clearly told him to go to Mahoney (presumably to tell him which way to dive?).
Which in the end turned out to be totally irrelivant! luckily.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 10:58:07 »

I think Mahoney is a significant upgrade on Brynn. Really rate him.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 11:03:41 »

I think Mahoney is a significant upgrade on Brynn. Really rate him.
I agree, its a shame hes not a few inches taller and comes out to claim high crosses more but then if he was he would be in QPR's first team already I would think.

A great shot stopper.

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 11:10:06 »

I agree, its a shame hes not a few inches taller and comes out to claim high crosses more but then if he was he would be in QPR's first team already I would think.

A great shot stopper.

True, but I can't really think of that costing us much this season... Brynn had height but lacked the physicality for the rough and tumble of a L2 penalty area and it cost us time and again.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2023, 11:13:38 »

True, but I can't really think of that costing us much this season... Brynn had height but lacked the physicality for the rough and tumble of a L2 penalty area and it cost us time and again.
Wrexham definately benefitted constantly putting high balls into our box near the end, which he could have dealt with better if he was taller, and IIRC Morecambe did similar. As a shot stopper though hes our best since Mark Travers, Loved BFG but he was nowhere near as good a shot stopper as Mahoney.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, October 26, 2023, 14:18:01 »

Someone break the tie please, not had a tie in 3 seasons and I'm not sure how to deal with it. Well, apart from the Salford game and I haven't decided what I'm doing about that yet 
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 26, 2023, 14:20:59 by Nemo » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: