Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Gillingham matchday thread  (Read 14413 times)
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:37:18 »

Imagine someone like Harry Smith in this team…

Supposedly we was after him in the summer
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:38:09 »

FBT is not a LWB. He wouldn't have the energy to get up and down. Had chances tonight to go outside his man but didn't look confident.
Shade is not a LWB. He is right footed and their full back always showed him inside.
Crowd were focal at times tonight.
I boo'd Williams. Greedy cunt in my eyes. Don't get the love for him. Didn't set the world alight here.

Couldn't see their penalty claim. Poor one though.

Think a draw would have been a fair result. Fair play to Gillingham fans. Good singing and attendance on a Tuesday night.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:43:32 »

Need some money spending on more players in Jan/ free agents but we know it’s not coming unfortunately 🙄

In Flynn we trust 🔴⚪️👍
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:45:35 »

Plenty of endeavour from everyone really but I think today was the day that the threadbare squad finally caught up with us.

Clem wanted the club in the Championship, or so he said. Laughable.

Clem is in the last chance saloon this season with me and a lot of the fanbase. More seasons in this dross league aren’t going to be tolerated.

The squad depth is totally laughable and embarrassing to be honest- just don’t see us getting promoted under this ownership.

January is his last chance for me to show proper intent. Words are cheap
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:46:43 »

Just back.

First, I was impressed with Gillingham, they should have had a couple more - wish we could defend like that. Great turnout from them on a Tuesday evening.

I can’t remember a game where we put so many high crosses into their box only to get them easily mopped up by their CBs. If ever a game needed a big, shithouse No. 9, that was it.

We’ve got 2 strikers that haven’t scored from open play for ages. Can’t keep expecting RHM to dig one out as a super sub.

Finished with FBT as LWB and Clayton CB - as it should be. Again, I thought Minturn was overall pretty good. Some great saves from Mahoney and a comedy classic penalty from them.

Gills could be promoted with a defence like that. We, as we have done, will muller some sides but give away points with a porous defence.

Hate to say it, but that doesn’t look like a promotion side to me.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:50:24 »

Stockport, Notts Co and Wrexham top three now. Ominous.

They have vastly more resources than we have- we are miles away from being a top 3 side at the moment and I don’t see that improving with the current owners. Lack of investment on the pitch is a complete joke
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 21:59:46 »

It’s nights like tonight, when you see us bringing on a 16 year old kid, that my anger at the “Clem’s the real deal” wazzocks at the Trust starts to bubble up again… Hopelessly naive.

#CompetitiveBudget
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 22:02:42 »

Unsure what game the “sponsors” were watching….Hutton MOTM…..WTAF.

Just to add, I think we all know the “competitive budget” was bullshit. We’re now being found out like others have said. January could go one of two ways IMO. I fear it’ll go badly.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 22:02:58 »

They have vastly more resources than we have- we are miles away from being a top 3 side at the moment and I don’t see that improving with the current owners. Lack of investment on the pitch is a complete joke

To a point I could see an argument for saying the money needed to compete this season is silly, we'll have a development season and hope for a clearer run next year with those teams gone. But it's pretty depressing that we're talking in those terms and they wouldn't admit to it anyway.

Honestly, last season was the chance and we fucked it massively.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 22:06:43 »

To a point I could see an argument for saying the money needed to compete this season is silly, we'll have a development season and hope for a clearer run next year with those teams gone. But it's pretty depressing that we're talking in those terms and they wouldn't admit to it anyway.

Depends how you see it. There’s Stockport, Wrexham, Notts County, Gillingham, Mansfield, Franchise, Bradford, Salford and FGR (debatable if those last 2 will last) who can likely offer financial terms far better than ours. Only 4 of those can go up max at once, along with not knowing the size of the clubs coming down from League One, it’s risky to bank on this being a one off season financially and that we’ll be able to compete again next season.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 22:07:45 »

I can see how Gillingham have not conceded many, ten men in the box on many occasions but a more physical side will not worry too much about that and we are not one of those teams.

For anyone not knowing the result the “stats” (for what they are worth) would probably make them think that we had won the game quite easily and therein lies a problem that we can out pass, out shoot, have more corners etc. etc. but it is only goals that win matches and that was sadly lacking tonight.

My view on Young is that after a great start down here he had something to prove to Hughes, but since his sacking he seems to have lost his way, possibly by being out on a limb now and not really knowing where his future might lie and trying that bit too hard to impress.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 22:23:13 »

I didn't see that as a good defensive performance. We had Shade and Hutton 1v1 virtually every minute. Cross after cross after cross. It was just utter dog shit quality in the final third. Nothing to do with Gillingham being good in my opinion.

Were you watching the same game? Since kick off they double marked our wingbacks, whenever it went down the side they drifted a midfielder over to cover alongside their wingback, that's why it always when backwards to dokes or FBT. They knew our biggest threat was from the wings so they doubled down on the wings and whilst they did that the other midfielders sat and screened the three center backs.

They know how to defend and knew that if they double marked the wings and didn't give us space between midfield and defense then Kemp couldn't work any magic.
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 22:36:08 »

I boo'd Williams. Greedy cunt in my eyes. Don't get the love for him. Didn't set the world alight here.

I personally clapped him off. He was out of contract and had a better offer. We got him on the cheap and used the contract extensions to keep him and I bet even that wasn't a decent wage.

I don't know him personally but when my grandad had a heart attack he recorded a video for him hoping he would pull through and wishing him well which meant the absolute world to grandad. Working with Caroline he got the team to sign a card and gave grandad a signed shirt. I met him in hospitality a few times and he was a really nice bloke that loves playing football.

He did a service for the club, provided us with some great memories, and left for a better offer. We would all do the same in his situation. There is no loyalty in football and we all know that.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 22:45:21 »

James (orchestral tour) were fantastic at Bath Forum. The setlist will piss off the greatest hits people too, ha ha(though they did do Sit Down).

As far as I can tell from this thread the football was huff and puff against a house of bricks, and Jake Young has turned into  Chris Hay
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 23:44:27 »

I've not even noticed Young on the pitch the last few games.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: