Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Salford City v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 15983 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:25:39 »

Lets do some more comparisons.

This is what we need to look like:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20120145

Risser didn't look good enough to me, but Smith was on the bench.

The other 10, for that time, are as good or better than what we have now.  And yes, we paid for it!  Like I think Flynn is doing, Di Canio extracted more than the sum of the parts as well.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:27:59 »

Neither two were part of promotion winning teams.

Exceptional would be Culverhouse.

I don't think anyone else would argue that Greer and Stephens, who has gone on to play regular PL football, weren't exceptional at L1 level.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:28:49 »

Lets do some more comparisons.

This is what we need to look like:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20120145

Risser didn't look good enough to me, but Smith was on the bench.

The other 10, for that time, are as good or better than what we have now.  And yes, we paid for it!  Like I think Flynn is doing, Di Canio extracted more than the sum of the parts as well.

Obviously we don't really know, but I'd be surprised if the budget for that season was less than triple what our budget is now. I'd love to be in that position, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't feel like that realistic an ask without the sudden arrival of a sugar daddy.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:31:26 »

I think our biggest problem is that Brewitt is our only out and out defender. Both Dokes and FBT have drawn more plaudits for going forward than any defensive work. I'd be very curious what we look like with a proper 'back 3'.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:40:13 »

I think our biggest problem is that Brewitt is our only out and out defender. Both Dokes and FBT have drawn more plaudits for going forward than any defensive work. I'd be very curious what we look like with a proper 'back 3'.

I have thought you could easily get away with pushing Dokes and FBT to wing back roles and going with three out and out defenders to help our defensive issues.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:41:59 »

Obviously we don't really know, but I'd be surprised if the budget for that season was less than triple what our budget is now. I'd love to be in that position, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't feel like that realistic an ask without the sudden arrival of a sugar daddy.

OK, then this one:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20200136

That would rip our defence apart.  Bench isn't bad either.  All put together with a budget from Power.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 12:44:19 »

OK, then this one:

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20200136

That would rip our defence apart.  Bench isn't bad either.  All put together with a budget from Power.

Fryers is a disaster in this current squad. Made of Wotsits. Broadbent the defensive option on the bench...

My main take away from this is the quality of the loans and their importance to the team.
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:02:04 »

My guess would be blunt going forward. Dokes and FBT start a lot of our successful attacks.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 16:11:07 »

My guess would be blunt going forward. Dokes and FBT start a lot of our successful attacks.

You'd hope with Hutton, Kemp and maybe FBT at LWB we'd still be capable.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: