Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Newport County Matchday Thread  (Read 16729 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 07:37:03 »

Just watching the highlights.

Absolutely brilliant assist from Austin. He's stumbling but manages to play it with bend and backspin perfectly for Kemp as he is falling over. That's the Premier League quality he has that can make such a difference. Outstanding finishing from Kemp too.

Their keeper has then made two unbelievable saves from the Young chance (he should have squared it...) and the Austin header.

It is a very smart first time finish from RHM. He does veer between the sublime and the ridiculous but he's fast becoming a great Solskjaer-style super sub.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #256 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 07:43:26 »

Absolutely brilliant assist from Austin. He's stumbling but manages to play it with bend and backspin perfectly for Kemp as he is falling over. That's the Premier League quality he has that can make such a difference. Outstanding finishing from Kemp too.

It's insane technique on the pass from Austin - honestly think some are taking him for granted. We were crying out for experience this time last season. He is it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 07:58:15 »

Premier League quality. Wow, that's a statement.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 08:07:58 »

Premier League quality. Wow, that's a statement.

I'm not saying it is a level he achieves week in week out in everything he does, as evidenced by some woeful finishing in recent weeks, but it is still in there and when it happens it can make all the difference.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 08:26:15 »

I'm not saying it is a level he achieves week in week out in everything he does, as evidenced by some woeful finishing in recent weeks, but it is still in there and when it happens it can make all the difference.

Some of his passing at times was very uncharacteristically off, but the hardest pass he got spot on for Kemp's assist. I suspect his experience is vital for the side and he's really playing for the team, despite probably not scoring as many as he would want to.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 08:32:33 »

This seasons phrase of the season:

If the opposion were any good we would have been hammered.
And it's a pointless ridiculous phrase in my opinion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 08:37:20 »

Some of his passing at times was very uncharacteristically off, but the hardest pass he got spot on for Kemp's assist. I suspect his experience is vital for the side and he's really playing for the team, despite probably not scoring as many as he would want to.

He has the joint most assists in the league with 5 (together with Kemp and some fella at Notts County) and more than anyone other than Wakeling and Hutton managed over the whole of last season for the Town.

8 'goal contributions' (if one includes his 3 goals) over 12 games is a more than decent return, even if we all agree he should have banged in about another 5!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 09:00:14 »

Just watched highlights from Notts County and Mansfield. Well will need to have CA at his best and FBT Brewitt at their very best to counter Manfields tall timber..
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 09:57:43 »

Massive result required in a game that could of blown up in our face.

We got it.

Kemps finish was superb, i was worried he would dwell on it.

I notice that we sometimes dont see attacks to the bitter end and dally at the final third. At the start of the season we were going for it....score or fail and restart.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #264 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 10:06:14 »

Where's PV?
Thanks for noticing my absence Cheesy

I was indeed at Butlins for Oktoberfest and watched the game on my mobile with 3 litres of Helles lager while an oompah band played a random selection of 80s and 90s hits, it was fun.

As for the game, great goal by Kemp, pretty bad miss by Young but that was the highlights of the 1st half, which seemed pretty poor and fairly split possession wise (I didnt see any stats etc).

2nd half was a vast improvement with Town totlaly dictating the play and nobody not putting in a shift, Brewitt easily my MotM in the end, Mohoney not overly threatened all game other than a couple of Bogle shots early on.

Shame Austins shot was disallowed as that would have given him some confidence.

Newport not a bad side but never looked like getting anything from the game, their keeper made a couple of good saves too.

Good day at the office.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 10:26:45 »

Their keeper has then made two unbelievable saves from the Young chance (he should have squared it...) and the Austin header.

It is a very smart first time finish from RHM. He does veer between the sublime and the ridiculous but he's fast becoming a great Solskjaer-style super sub.
That's what I saw too.

Someone posted earlier that the reason RHM was able to score was because he didn't have time to think. I think there is something in that. I also think that this might have been the one time out of 10 that it hit the back of the net, while the other 9 times might have ended up in the Town End or hitting the corner flag.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 10:33:03 »

At home, have all his goals come at the TE?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 10:34:18 »

Ditto, is that really the way to pronounce Shade's name?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 11:23:34 »

Where's PV?

One's in Stoke
One's in lederhosen

Is what I would have said at the time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, October 16, 2023, 11:24:54 »

That's what I saw too.

Someone posted earlier that the reason RHM was able to score was because he didn't have time to think.

Exactly what we said after - he's great to run and do, just don't give him thinking time
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: