Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon Town pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 18046 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 06:22:47 »

1 short of 600 Town fans. Decent.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 06:24:40 »

Agreed, a great effort considering the distance, cost and that many would have went to Notts County last Tueday.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 08:08:08 »

They were poor, sure won the aerial battles, that’s not difficult against a side that lacks height.
Had space and time all over the park. We had both wing backs free, unmarked most of the game but were ponderous and never got them into positions to hurt them.
RHM chance came from a solitary Hutton cross. Most of the game both him and Shade were completely free but we were choosing the wrong options most of the game.

Needed to get at least 3 players on today second half, we had nothing on the bench to change it. Bradford won’t make top 7.

Opinions and all that but think you’re doing Bradford a disservice by calling them shite and poor.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 08:55:41 »

Bradford were functional.
Sometimes organisation and just doing the basics right are enough to win games at this level particularly if the opposition slip up in front of goal.

As ever Flynn summarised it perfectly in the post match interview.

A full week to prepare (I'm not counting the Reading game as that will be fringe and youth) and hopefully back up to standard on Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #379 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 09:26:57 »

Bradford were functional.
Sometimes organisation and just doing the basics right are enough to win games at this level particularly if the opposition slip up in front of goal.
This. Nothing special, nothing exceptional but functional, look at Stevenage last season, thats all you need to get out of this division.

Same when Macari was in charge of us, we werent exceptional, we had no real stars but we played as a unit, we were super fit, we had a strong defence and we had an end goal, simple.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 09:31:39 »

Or Sturrock more recently.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 09:34:39 »

-I’m not sure it’s a total howler of a GK error as some have said. The first shot which Mahoney didn’t hang onto was struck with real venom and even then we almost stopped it sneaking in.
I mentioned it was an error. I don't think it was a total howler but given his very high level of performances I thought he could have done better and held it. so could the defending after.

not aimed at you, but it goes without saying I think he's been superb this season. feels like. you need to say such things if you make a negative comment.

-I hope the rumour about Flynn interviewing for Bradford is bollocks; I think we would be in real trouble without him.
what rumours! (genuinely )

not seen it suggested anywhere other than the lsp kind of pointing out there sometimes where you brain goes at times like this as a fan. They also pointed out geography would be in our favour, Newport to Bradford not being very commutable (nor gillingham)
Peter Venkman

« Reply #382 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 09:43:38 »

what rumours! (genuinely )

not seen it suggested anywhere other than the lsp kind of pointing out there sometimes where you brain goes at times like this as a fan. They also pointed out geography would be in our favour, Newport to Bradford not being very commutable (nor gillingham)
Flynn interviewed for the Bradford job... well it was fun while it lasted
This was a joke btw  Girl Giggle

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 09:43:41 »

It seems like a bad time for illness to spread (I'm assuming it must have done for GMac and Young to both have been ill recently) as well as not having a squad to be able to support it. Yesterday we started well, Charlie should put us 1 up and we probably go on to dominate the game. Bradford went back to basics, direct at times bit with Cook winning everything in the air and the willingness of 19 year old Bobby Pointon and Walker were causing us problems. I thought at half time any point would have been a good point.

Unfortunately second half was worse. We were so sloppy with our passing and I think that was probably down to tiredness.

Tough away games along with illness and a thin squad have caused us a challenge which we have failed. Its not catastrophic though, Newport at home offers us a good chance to get back on board, the pizza pot game is now a real nuisance with players looking jaded.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 09:46:36 »

According to a FBT quote 'everyone in that changing room is there to stay until January at the least. So you have to buck up your ideas.' Make of that what you will.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 10:10:09 »

According to a FBT quote 'everyone in that changing room is there to stay until January at the least. So you have to buck up your ideas.' Make of that what you will.

I’ve just listened to that interview with Andrew. FBT said “ everyone is here till the minimum January so you gotta buck up your ideas”
He was talking about the fact that the squad is what it is so there’s nothing they can do about it. Those players are the ones who can sink or swim essentially.

Of course. We could get a free agent in Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #386 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 10:22:53 »

1 short of 600 Town fans. Decent.
Bradford announced it as 559 Swindon fans, the STFC OS gave it as 599.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 12:00:24 »

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 12:04:27 »

Opinions and all that but think you’re doing Bradford a disservice by calling them shite and poor.

They were.
Morecambe were better.
Sums up my feelings about of own performance. First 15 to 20 minutes the game was there for the taking, Bradford looked petrified. If only Austin would have converted that simple chance.

The spaces we had on either flank were not utilised. The seldom chances we did were wasted.

That was closer to a Swindon performance under Lindsey and Morris.
Will cut some slack taking into consideration the bench yesterday. Morecambe brought on 5 players, that had a bearing on the game. We brought on a kid in a game that we were chasing.
Austin should have come off, had a terrible afternoon but so did many others.

Bradford one of the poorest side we have faced away this season. We lost.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, October 8, 2023, 12:11:51 »

Strange how people see games.

I thought Bradford were one of the better sides we have played this season.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: