Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 19956 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 15:01:27 »

Last week 540 had been sold out of 700. Presume the 700 have gone. Their capacity for away fans us way above 700 do no idea why it was so restricted.

Pretty certain the away club has to buy the tickets in batches, essentially committing certain funds, and then sells the tickets to their own fans.  We could order the entire stand if we thought we'd sell them all.  At least, that is how I remember it being explained before.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 15:04:55 »

730 sold, ticket office tweeted. Impressive for a Tuesday
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 15:07:56 »

730 sold, ticket office tweeted. Impressive for a Tuesday
Fair enough, if we've sold that many I can't grumble about them running out. I was under the impression somebody had just not put the full allocation into Ticketmaster or something!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 15:20:55 »

One of my rare excursions to the Town End was against Notts County back in 1992. Horlock scored an absolute beezer into the top corner and I was sitting directly behind it. Had the goal frame not been there it would have whistled past my head.

I remember that game well, and Horlock's goal. I just watched the goals again on Youtube and a lovely build up to Horlock's goal as well. And it showed the new bit of the North Stand still being built at the bottom of the existing stand.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 15:49:00 »

Pretty certain the away club has to buy the tickets in batches, essentially committing certain funds, and then sells the tickets to their own fans.  We could order the entire stand if we thought we'd sell them all.  At least, that is how I remember it being explained before.

I expect it also gives the home side an idea of how many staff to put on, how much food and drink to order etc as well?

I think if we were to ask for the whole stand (let's assume it's 3k) and we ended up selling 750 and sending 2,250 back, I think we lose out financially as well. I think we'd have to pay some kind of penalty as Notts had printed out 3k tickets and most of them weren't used so they are out of pocket for printing charges etc. (I'm not really sure how it works so I could have just made all that up)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 16:52:01 »

There is a pay on the day option too.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 18:25:17 »

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 10:50:29 »

Pre match tied up in Nottz in the Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem.

Always a pleasure to visit the City of Caves, whether for a gig or football.
We are all troglodytes at heart I guess.

Probably won't be much evidence of the rich being robbed to give to the poor when venturing into the centre.
It's likely that a lot of the poorer denizens will appear to be very well fed.

Looking forward to trying out a self-service pub later.

This is the 8th visit to Meadow Lane. Four wins in the previous seven.
Also remember the 2-0 loss in 2014 where we finished with 9 after late reds for TA-H & Nathan Thompson.
Future global superstar Jack Grealish played for them that day, as did former Town superstars Ronan Murray & Alan "the snake" Sheehan.

Spotted a very furtive looking Luke Williams on an early train to Bristol when he was in charge of City's U23's.
He may have been conscious of a chance encounter with Swindon fans. I think we were playing Newport that day.
No reason for any of us to bear him any ill will.
Have to admire Cool Hand Luke's career progression since his ill fated spell with us.
Landed a lower league plumb job & doing very well.

I'm a bit more confident about this evening than a few days ago.
Firstly, there won't be any surprises in how County approach the game.
Secondly, they also have a seive like defence.
The outcome could depend on which rearguard has the finer grade of seive.

Could be one of those special nights or a damp squib, but more likely something in between.
Contenders or pretenders?
A win would reinforce the former more than a defeat would confirm the latter.
We are doing ok so far & that's it.

No trains out of Nottingham tomorrow.
That's fine. Plan B in operation with the upside of some additional unexpected pub time to come.

To reference the marvellous Sleaford Mods, hopefully will be making our way out of the away section tonight as Jolly Fuckers.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 10:52:41 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 11:04:31 »

N. Thompson red card? Surely some mistake!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 14:50:40 »

We are doing ok so far & that's it.

Unbeaten in the first 9 League games (one of only 3 in the whole of the Football League), highest goalscrorers in the League, 3rd in the table....that's a bit better than "doing ok so far & that's it".
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 15:16:37 »

Unbeaten in the first 9 League games (one of only 3 in the whole of the Football League), highest goalscrorers in the League, 3rd in the table....that's a bit better than "doing ok so far & that's it".

Yeah, take your point.

In terms of the long view & ultimate goal then we are doing ok, as it stands.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 15:53:13 »

Went to the big ticket office..no away tickets until 1.5 hours before kick off as Swindon have them.

So i tried to buy tickets for County....sorry...you're an away fan...FFS.

In the Hotel now and now have to go down early...probably end up, in with County no doubt.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 16:29:47 »

Notts County Preview of tonights game.

https://www.ncs-news.co.uk/read/preview-swindon-town-h-league-two

PREVIEW | SWINDON TOWN (H) | LEAGUE TWO
Published: 03/10/2023 13:22

Author: Richard Ogando

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water the challenges keep coming for Luke Williams and his band of merry men in a month that has the potential to raise as many questions as it does answers on just how good a team Notts really are.

It's first versus third in tonight's League Two headliner at Meadow Lane and quite possibly the toughest test yet for the hosts.

Swindon Town, under the guidance of Michael Flynn are one of just two sides in League Two who remain unbeaten, the others being Notts' opponents on the 14th October, Mansfield.

Swindon are currently the leagues top scorers with 26 goals, just three more than Notts who are joint third highest with Wrexham on 23 goals. And goals is something you can pretty much guarantee tonight with both teams not unaccustomed to high scoring games with Notts seeing 16 goals in their last two outings and Swindon scoring 5 or more on three occasions including a 6-0 win over second place Crawley Town and a 5-5 draw away at Wrexham.

Expect Flynn to set his team up very similar to Notts but in a 3-4-1-2 formation. This might transition slightly into a slightly more negative 3-5-2 in an attempt to match Notts up in key areas.

The key man in either formation for Swindon is 24 year old Dan Kemp who is a real handful playing as a number 10 and has 7 goals and 4 assists to his name already this season. Ahead of him is the leagues current top scorer 22 year old Jake Young. The striker has 9 goals and 3 assists to his name in the league this season and along with Kemp will provide the Notts rear guard with their toughest test of the season so far.

Swindon also have there own David McGoldrick story with experienced forward Charlie Austin back playing for the club where his professional career started after impressing in non-league for his home town club Hungerford and later Poole Town. The 34 year old who has turned out for Burnley, QPR, Southampton and West Brom has 3 goals and 2 assists in the league this season and will offer a physical and aerial threat to the Notts defence.

Notts will be looking to bounce back after a quite remarkable defeat away at Colchester on Saturday and other than long term injuries to Cedwyn Scott and Geraldo Bajrami has a fully fit squad to select from. It is likely John Bostock will start again alongside Matty Palmer meaning another game on the bench for Sam Austin with all three of Jodi Jones, Dan Crowley and Aaron Nemane likely to start.

Whilst Swindon offer a worrying attacking threat they can be got at in defence and we know Notts have one of the best attacking forces in the league.

Remarkably the bookies seem to have Notts as odds on favourites with 87/100 the best you will get for a home win at the time of writing. Otherwise you can get 11/4 on a Swindon win and 13/4 for the draw.

Based on these odds the results probabilities work out as 53.48% for a Notts win, 26.67% for a Swindon win and 23.53% for the draw.

Whatever the final result it would be a miracle if this game ended up goalless, but then this is football and stranger things have happened!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 17:35:41 »

Peter Venkman

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, October 3, 2023, 17:36:27 »

RHM for Young
McEachran for Cain

6 subs again.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: