Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Grimsby pre match drivel and matchday thread  (Read 16750 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #330 on: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 09:57:29 »

Benn Ward was injured i think.

Squad depth is poor really isnt it, 6 subs?
Cheers Tans, I didnt hear his name mentioned in the walking wounded. We do need some strength but going by Flynn he wont just sign players for the sake of getting bodies in so I think we will have to manage until January with what we have got now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 10:10:05 »

Move FBT to the left, bring in Minturn as CB.

Presume McCreachan has Covid or some such so he won’t be available Tuesday.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 10:24:11 »

Move FBT to the left, bring in Minturn as CB.

Presume McCreachan has Covid or some such so he won’t be available Tuesday.

I think this would weaken us. FBT is so important in how we play both defensively and attacking, Minturn couldn’t do what FBT does.

I do however think Clayton could fill that roll, I see Minturn as more as a Brewitt type.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 10:26:31 by Quagmire » Logged
Peter Venkman

« Reply #333 on: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 13:15:24 »

Only 5 teams left unbeaten in the top 4 divisions after yesterday.

Arsenal, Spurs, Portsmouth, Mansfield and Swindon.

Highest scoring teams
Swindon (L2) (26 goals)
Barnsley (L1) (20) goals

Higest average goals per game
Swindon (L2) 2.9
Brighton (PR) 2.7

Highest goal scorer.
Jake Young (Swindon) (L2) 9
Devante Cole (Barnsley) (L1) 9

Most assists
Dan Kemp (Swindon) (L2) 5
Jodi Jones (Notts C) (L2) 5

Most assists+goals
Dan Kemp (Swindon) (L2) 13
Jake Young (Swindon) (L2) 13

Thats not bad going so far with many of those teams having played 1 more game that Swindon so far (excluding the Prem).

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 15:30:57 »

Happy to see Cain get a goal, definitely a player in there. Can’t add much more than what everyone’s said already, great to win without being 100% on it. Kemp is class, hope we can get him signed up. Uwakwe wasn’t on top form but he does put some good crosses in and we were told when he joined that he prefers playing CM/on the wing by Crewe fans so the extremely attacking wingback role we have him and Hutton playing was only ever going to be the role he was going to play from LWB. Khan very good, same with Brewitt.

Onto a very tough night Tuesday but we should go there with confidence that we’re more than capable of taking the 3 points. Although I saw Hutton’s “I can’t see us losing” quote so that’s the loss nailed on.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 17:13:50 »

Looked off the pace from the get go.
It's from the start Mooney , from the start  Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 08:42:54 »

Not read back yet Smiley

Not as scintillating a performance as previous games but another important 3 points ahead of a tough run of fixtures this month. UGM's probing runs the main outlet although Khan's spins in midfield were a joy to watch and he ran midfield. Unfortunately Uwakwe was having a mare at the back and the ever reliable FBT also looked shakier than usual, he seemed a bit more restrained and wasn't getting forward as much as before. Pretty poor defending for their goal as well. Fair play to Mahoney also, didn't have a stack of work to do but did what he needed to, very well indeed!

I personally though Austin looked a little laboured, as always he keeps defenders occupied but he's beginning to look like he's struggling a tad. I think he'll need to be rested for a bit this month. The ever reliable RHM looks like a whippet waiting to be unleashed whenever he comes off the bench. Much needed pace against a very slow Grimsby backline.

3 points at home is all we can ask really. And the team delivered so fair play to them. Final word for Brewitt, he was excellent again, he's showing real consistency from a player many expected not to play much this season. Kudos to Flynn to get what he's getting from him as well as the player himself.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #337 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 08:52:37 »

Not as scintillating a performance as previous games but another important 3 points ahead of a tough run of fixtures this month.

3 points at home is all we can ask really. And the team delivered so fair play to them.
This 100%.

Many of our fans said pre season that they dont care how we win or astyle of play as long as we win, Saturday was a prime example of that, when you don't play well then win ugly but still win.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #338 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 09:21:31 »

And for those who thought that may not be a penalty on RHM, I give you this.

Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 10:04:17 »

And for those who thought that may not be a penalty on RHM, I give you this.

The lino being perfectly in line with it and staring directly at it makes it even better. Shocking decision.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 10:13:59 »

This 100%.

Many of our fans said pre season that they dont care how we win or astyle of play as long as we win, Saturday was a prime example of that, when you don't play well then win ugly but still win.
A little bit of an off day by current standards perhaps but I watched the full game replay yesterday and we still managed to play some great stuff at times. It was a joy to watch compared to some of the insipid, timid, gutless dross we had to endure at times last season. It's also a breath of fresh air after all that Garner Ball bollocks before it...
« Last Edit: Monday, October 2, 2023, 10:31:53 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Monday, October 2, 2023, 11:22:14 »

We werent as sharp as previous games and did ride our luck when the Mariners came at us.

But...3 points.

What was noticeable is that Grimsby had a go, instead of setting up to break up play etc etc. Probably where Walsall went wrong.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: