Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match drivel and matchday thread 23/24  (Read 23691 times)
Mooneyraker

« Reply #390 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:00:57 »

Who do you drop out of the midfield for that is my issue there. Khan, McEachran and Kemp is a really well balanced midfield unit, touching that hinders us more I think.

I think you could try both Khan and McEachran playing as DMs.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:02:25 »

Quote from: Mooneyraker
Not sure this stat is “verified”

it is. 17th game is when we scored 20 (and a few more) - the Mansfield 5-2 on 29th October

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Results.asp?Season=2022-2023

Also our attendances from the first 3 home games this year average the same as last (actually a little higher). we did have a Tuesday game last year mind
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #392 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:07:04 »

I dont think either of those could be disciplined enough to play that role thats needed, they are both exellent at expanding the play and getting around the pitch but neither for me would be capable of playing the more defensive role that is needed.

Kinsella it seems could be if the Walsall fans views on him are right but hes always injured anyway.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Mooneyraker

« Reply #393 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:08:49 »

I dont think either of those could be disciplined enough to play that role thats needed, they are both exellent at expanding the play and getting around the pitch but neither for me would be capable of playing the more defensive role that is needed.

Kinsella it seems could be if the Walsall fans views on him are right but hes always injured anyway.

Kinsella has looked poor so far but needs a chance to get fit before a fair assessment can be made.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:17:14 »

Who do you drop out of the midfield for that is my issue there. Khan, McEachran and Kemp is a really well balanced midfield unit, touching that hinders us more I think.

Depends who we are playing.

Will probably be games where the best option might be to drop Kemp and play a bit more solid. Some games where there isn’t as much need for Khans energy in midfield & there will also be games when McEacheron’s tidy passing isn’t a fit…
Also be games where the DM himself isn’t needed.

So, I wouldn’t personally say there is one of those three you’d drop to replace with a new DM. Think you’d do it on a game by game basis.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:18:51 »

Nah have off. Brewitt was poor yesterday (as were FBT and UGM). Constantly careering in for headers he was never going to win, second goal being a case in point

It’s nice and entertaining football, but Sutton were dogshit. I think we’ve got enough chaos in us to be challenging the lower rungs of the play offs, but there’s going to be some spankings

Things get better but they never get good
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:19:37 »

I’m sure Flynn sets up to play the style he wants - not chopping and changing depending on the opposition.

As it should be.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:21:15 »

You could but neither of those strike me as someone who can fill in at CB.
Unlike say 2020 Grant. A DM who was capable of playing as makeshift CB.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #398 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:21:31 »

On a totally different point, was their third an own goal off Shade? Didn't necessarily look like it was heading in.
Mooneyraker

« Reply #399 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:23:01 »

You could but neither of those strike me as someone who can fill in at CB.
Unlike say 2020 Grant. A DM who was capable of playing as makeshift CB.

Yes, we don't have anyone of the right profile really. Just trying to hammer some roundish pegs into the holes.

Imagine an Alan McCormack in there. Lovers
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 12:45:28 »

What did people think of the atmosphere yesterday? I was in the townend and thought it was quite good.
Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 13:07:51 »

Bit of a go in the DRS around me. Going to need the crowd a few times this season when things aren’t going so well.
Jimmy Quinn

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 13:16:25 »

Need a decent away following to create a good atmosphere. Expect Gillingham & Wrexham to be noisy.

You just gotta keep livin man!
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #403 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 13:17:45 »

On a totally different point, was their third an own goal off Shade? Didn't necessarily look like it was heading in.
It seemed to take a nick off FBT then hit Shade fully on the shoulder and fly in, the trajectory of the original shot was heading way wide. Not much any of our defenders/keeper could do anything about that fluke.

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
DMC

« Reply #404 on: Sunday, September 10, 2023, 15:16:36 »

Seasons like this are what can probably put the whole the fans need to have something to cheer to get going to bed. If we can't be that great at 3-0 and banging in goals not sure we ever will
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: