Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Transfer deadline day  (Read 23082 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 08:22:15 »

Very poor transfer window, only hope is that there will be a few free transfers available. As said the manager said he wanted 2/3 new players and saw 1 go out the door with no reinforcements. The frustrating thing is that we have a good manager, the quality of player in our squad is better than last year but so thin 1 or 2 injuries and we’re struggling. Not a manager to piss off as for me he’s the best we’ve had since Wellens, let’s hope we can stay relatively injury free and stay up there until January!
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 08:22:44 »

We can still sign free transfers outside the window so fingers crossed. Smiley
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 08:23:06 »

It matters not whether Wakeling is rated or not, we have not strengthened and are weaker.
A transfer window after the Manager publicly stated he wanted 2 to 3 additions. Can only hope this is in preparation to get another non contract defender in and across the line.

More questions than ever not getting answered around the club ownership, Standing pulling the strings, has been since dot.

Not a pot to piss in.

Other than the fact Standing isn’t (or wasn’t when he was an agent) meant to have any involvement in running a club. Is there actually anything to be worried about?
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 08:29:21 »

You'd think that with a small squad and with no obvious big earners (except Austin possibly) and getting gates of 8,000-9,000, we might hopefully be able to clear the debt by the end of the season. I'd like to think that the club is currently profitable. Fingers crossed that we get some luck on the injury front this season.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 08:31:07 »

Anyone know how much we got for Wakeling btw? I’d hope for 100k with 20% sell on clause
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 08:31:31 »

You'd think that with a small squad and with no obvious big earners (except Austin possibly) and getting gates of 8,000-9,000, we might hopefully be able to clear the debt by the end of the season. I'd like to think that the club is currently profitable. Fingers crossed that we get some luck on the injury front this season.

Are we going to get lucky with injuries training on 4G?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 08:37:37 »

When you say clear the debt, which debt do you mean?
oxonrobin

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 08:50:12 »

Plus, as I keep saying - sometimes in this situation it is worth holding onto the player because his value / worth might increase. Yes it’s a gamble but we can still sell our young players on for profit without just accepting the first bid we get.

Don’t disagree with the view, but none of us know how negotiations went. The final offer may have been very different to the opening one.

I think the timing of this has impacted sentiment. If we sold to Posh 2 weeks ago, the outlook would be much more positive. From what we have seen, he is not at the forefront of Flynn’s plans. The idea (not yours) that we should only sell if we can immediately find a replacement doesn’t quite make sense in this case either.

Probably the biggest impact of the sale will be more senior minutes, more quickly for Kanu.

All that said. We are worryingly light in midfield and at he back. I hope we can find some quality free agents, and can win today, without any injuries!
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 09:03:33 »

A club like ours has to sell, and if we can get a decent fee and a sell on for a bit part striker, I’m happy with that aspect. I just wish things would stop being undisclosed.

I do, however, take issue with the overall composition of our squad and lack of cover almost all over the pitch. I hope we’ve just been shit at recruitment, rather than Flynn being missold what budget he had at his disposal.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 09:12:06 »

It’s a shame about Wakeling but maybe it creates more of an opportunity for Abu Kanu and Shade up top. Hopefully the money will be there for promotion push  reinforcements in Jan. I assume the clubs financials on the ab minutes will give us some idea of the transfer fee - although prob all in instalments etc.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 09:18:13 »

Interesting to read that Posh were in for Wakeling, regardless of whether JCH was going to depart. Can’t be true, otherwise why wait until the final few hours to make their move for Wakeling? Doesn’t make much sense
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 09:19:15 »

We can still do loans until late November I think. Also we can make loans permanent outside of the window. So the rules can be manipulated to bring players in.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 09:23:52 »

We can still do loans until late November I think. Also we can make loans permanent outside of the window. So the rules can be manipulated to bring players in.

I don’t think so on the loans unless it’s emergency goalkeeper loans
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 09:33:23 »

I don’t think so on the loans unless it’s emergency goalkeeper loans

Yes, that looks to be the case.

All the more bizarre that we haven’t used our loan spots up.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 10:03:18 »

Feel like Kanu can step up into the 4th choice role but to not bring in even one of the three that Flynn wanted is appalling.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: