Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Donny v Swindon 2-9-23 Matchday Thread  (Read 16319 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 16:59:09 »

I don't think intent has any relevance to the law though..

probably for that very reason, you can't see whose around you

Yeah, and the chap just walked. Minimal protest.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 17:00:38 »

That's one way of fudging the accounts...

✺Reporting accounts in 2025, filed under AoB at the ABM✺
''It has come to our attention that Owner Clem Morfuni would like to apologise for an accounting error regarding the sale of Jacob Wakeling in September 2023. Wakeling was in fact sold for £25k and not £250k as previously thought, due to an extra zero being input and recorded. This also means that Wakeling's subsequent £20m move from Peterborough to Spurs will no longer land Town a £4m windfall but just £400k. A genuine mistake obviously which we hope fans will understand...''

''...in other great news for STFC, the club can confirm that Chris Kylie has now been paid in full for his generous loan of £4m to STFC. We thank Chris for his generosity as Town look forward to building a squad with a competitive budget, hopefully ensuring a PO push is maintained in order to have a chance of gaining promotion from National League South. A reminder to all fans and local business that corporate day hospitality is available at Webbs Wood for just £400 - Up next...Maldon and Tiptree.

We've got out club back - C.O.Y.R''

Crying

Holy Crystal Ball-sack Batman...
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 17:07:48 »

That's one way of fudging the accounts...

✺Reporting accounts in 2025, filed under AoB at the ABM✺
''It has come to our attention that Owner Clem Morfuni would like to apologise for an accounting error regarding the sale of Jacob Wakeling in September 2023. Wakeling was in fact sold for £25k and not £250k as previously thought, due to an extra zero being input and recorded. This also means that Wakeling's subsequent £20m move from Peterborough to Spurs will no longer land Town a £4m windfall but just £400k. A genuine mistake obviously which we hope fans will understand...''

''...in other great news for STFC, the club can confirm that Chris Kylie has now been paid in full for his generous loan of £4m to STFC. We thank Chris for his generosity as Town look forward to building a squad with a competitive budget, hopefully ensuring a PO push is maintained in order to have a chance of gaining promotion from National League South. A reminder to all fans and local business that corporate day hospitality is available at Webbs Wood for just £400 - Up next...Maldon and Tiptree.

We've got out club back - C.O.Y.R''

Crying

“We would also like to announce the STFC lotto is now a rollover of £32,250”
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 17:33:40 »

Nice to be home by 6:30, weather was good, had lunch & a few drinks in the Beefeater, a clean sheet.

That’s the positives out of the way.

Not very often that you leave a game & both sets of fans can agree that the ref was shite.

Have been there three times now, a win, a draw & a defeat in three pretty terrible games
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 18:02:32 »

Sat next to who I think is Uwakwe on train. Hood up and zipped up above face but recognise the training gear below the hoody.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:17:41 »

Clean sheet & a point away from home. Good, unlike the ref.

Not overly keen on grounds where the away end is always in the sun.
700 beetroots after 90mins.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:18:00 »

Impressive turnout. Attendance was 6,108

* IMG_4947.PNG (298.71 KB, 1536x1634 - viewed 191 times.)

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:43:24 »

I’d forgotten how tedious it is returning from a long-ish away game - even worse after witnessing that game. Don’t think their keeper had a shot to save and the less said about the ref the better - where do they drag them up from.

Austin is right out of form, Kemp poor today, RHM lively when he came on - should have been sooner. Another good game from Brewitt - a non nonsense defensive display.

Still remain unbeaten.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:44:02 »

Quote from: Wobbly Bob
Not overly keen on grounds where the away end is always in the sun.
700 beetroots after 90mins.

I had that in Wrexham. it's in Wales ffs. it's supposed to rain.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 19:51:40 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
I’d forgotten how tedious it is returning from a long-ish away game - even worse after witnessing that game. Don’t think their keeper had a shot to save and the less said about the ref the better - where do they drag them up from.

Austin is right out of form, Kemp poor today, RHM lively when he came on - should have been sooner. Another good game from Brewitt - a non nonsense defensive display.

Still remain unbeaten.

Do you think still Austin contributes to the team though? I do as he's got a bit more physical  presence, talks and brings in others but making space. But I can see how you might not agree.

I often have different views watching on ifollow than at the match, and vice versa. Today was an ifollow day and for me:

- RHM was hopeless. Couldn't do anything right other than run. Thought shade was better. RHM is coming back from injury so to be expected.

- there was a 15 minute spell in the second half where Brewett inexplicably turned into Taylor Curran. Then he regained composure thankfully.

But I accept you only have limited vision on ifollow.

oh, and I think we had 12 corners and only 2 shots on target, they had 3. Tells the story!
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 22:06:50 »

Today was my first game since Crawley at home last game of last season. A quick google search said that was something in the region of 120 days which is enough for me to get an inexplicable Swindon withdrawal. Initially was going to go up with Wobbly Bob and had to agree to an early train with him only for him to change his plans when rail strikes were announced. Fair enough. I got in at a respectable time and we had a few in the Draughtsman before going to the stadium. Good to go to a new ground. As for the match I think it was poor. Some credit has to go to Doncaster who limited us to what I assume is our lowest number of shots in a game this season. You wouldn’t have known we had a man advantage in the second half. Austin looked knackered and we joked that my friend with dyed blonde hair looked like a hungover Austin but he may have been better than Chaz today. I feel that FBT should be captain so Chaz can concentrate on scoring. Charlie looked very tired today but the heat almost certainly contributed. A mate of mine was burning in front of my eyes.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 22:17:20 »

Well if the 'highlights' are anything to go by, anyone who went to that deserves a cold beer.  Pint
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 06:49:27 »

Cheers Changy all crystal clear now! Flynn not happy with the performance and seems a little edgy.

Thought he summed up the game excellently. A combination of Doncaster playing well with 10, us playing into their hands and the ref giving us nothing 2nd half meant a frustrating afternoon. Still, unbeaten, a clean sheet away from home and no new injuries - it’s not a bad an afternoon as some have made out (mostly on Twitter)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 06:52:56 »

I like Flynns honesty no bullshit just says it how us fans see things.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, September 3, 2023, 06:59:09 »

I like Flynns honesty no bullshit just says it how us fans see things.

Yes, it's nice to see someone being straight and not trying to dress it up with 'box entries' chat!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: