Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Great Moments  (Read 8429 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 19:34:53 »

Couple of random thoughts.

1. What a service the chap who does swindon-town-fc.co.uk provides us all. Absolute historian. Needs to be protected that website.

2. I used to wish we'd move to the box style nets when they started to become a thing, as I thought they looked better, but there is a decent amount of nostalgia now and everyone has them so going back to the old style would probably be quite cool.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 19:36:59 »

Possibly the first time I ever saw us absolutely pump someone. Uncle took me to this as was kid for a quid, I think.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, August 24, 2023, 19:39:28 »

Smashing Oxford.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 07:15:33 »

1. What a service the chap who does swindon-town-fc.co.uk provides us all. Absolute historian. Needs to be protected that website.

2. I used to wish we'd move to the box style nets when they started to become a thing, as I thought they looked better, but there is a decent amount of nostalgia now and everyone has them so going back to the old style would probably be quite cool.

We really are so lucky to have it. I'd gladly donate a few quid towards the costs if he had that option on there.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #64 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 07:28:12 »

We really are so lucky to have it. I'd gladly donate a few quid towards the costs if he had that option on there.
I concur.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 07:30:00 »

This is right up there. Remember seeing their starting XI and thinking yikes! We gave a good account of ourselves and the goal was magic.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 07:49:11 »

Possibly the first time I ever saw us absolutely pump someone. Uncle took me to this as was kid for a quid, I think.
That pumping was enhanced by the fact that Huddersfield's manager was none other than a one-time Pox legend, Brian Horton.  As the goal tally started to mount, so did the volume of the chants.......

"Cheer up Brian Horton,
Oh what can it mean,
to a sad Oxford bastard
With a shit football team"

An unexpectedly great night!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 08:14:44 »

This is right up there. Remember seeing their starting XI and thinking yikes! We gave a good account of ourselves and the goal was magic.

Also the video of KKH leaving KdB on his arse and the Citeh legends subsequent response.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 08:23:21 »

Also the video of KKH leaving KdB on his arse and the Citeh legends subsequent response.

So good. From the penalty save to a few minutes after our goal was as rocking as I can remember the CG in recent times.

Jordan Lyden put in a cracking tackle on the follow up to the penalty.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 08:45:20 »

Rich Banyard, top fella. In the past at least he's turned down funding, but he does have tasks he's happy to farm out if people have time to donate - I've written a bunch of the more recent player profiles for example, and I know a few others on here have done things as well. He's on Twitter and IG.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 10:12:48 »

Should see if the club can donate a signed shirt a year or something to auction off to go towards the cost of it. Definitely has to be protected.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 10:15:08 »

Ah looks like I already follow him on twitter.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 10:18:58 »

Never been as depressed at half time as this in all my life I think. Just didn't see a way back.

You mean his goal in the away game, that was the home one to go 2-0 up
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, August 25, 2023, 10:51:06 »

Oh yeah, looks like i wasn't the only one to make that strange mistake.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, September 4, 2023, 11:15:14 »

Wasn't sure where to stick this post...

I saw someone online mentioning the 1990 Play Off win and subsequent shenanigans and saying that Honda had been on the verge of getting involved, or words to that effect.

Anyone know about that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: